Thursday Think you can

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Thursday Think you can

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:53 am

Whether you think you can do a thing or not you are right.
— Henry Ford
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Thursday Think you can

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:16 am

Thanks for starting us out today. I love reading of the home school activities LM you are doing great with that.

My ear is acting up, we had thunder in the nite here but not much rain. Talked w neighbor how they had to hunker down the dog and one kid are not a fan of thunder. As is my dog.

Mow is on my mind but that may need to wsit till weather improves. Journaling done fed hens. Having fun with a quiet activity trying out some new techniques for painting on rocks.

I need to do floors and inside stuff first here. Sweep & Mop x
Declutter one drawer. X

Next up
s2s x
Mow & water front yard x
Start sheets
Vacuum
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:16 am

Making progress. Baby steps.

I've been to DD home and found DSIL keys to his main motorcycle. I put the keys in a baggie and hide it outside where a friend can get to them. The friend will come ride DSIL motorcycle to his home and store it in his garage until this crisis is over. Even with the best of outcomes, it will be weeks before DSIL can ride again.

I've got the kids lists made for today. I've added items they can choose to do for pay. They will be excited about that. Crossing off things on their list plus options available to earn money is a WIN WIN with them.

My right ankle is still swollen and tender. My left thigh is sore this morning. But I am pleased that I can walk with no problems. I'll take it slower today and baby the ankle a bit. I think it will be fine as long as I don't twist it while it is swollen.
1. Know what you want.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:47 am

Good morning. Today is our summer solstice. Anchorage AK will have 20 hours of sunlight.

I'm having a slow start to my day. Dh and I sat up a little later talking, so we both slept in a while . We've had breakfast, he washed up the dishes and I will dry/put them away in a bit. I fixed his RX meds in the pill containers for the next three days.

I had the weather ch. on this morning and saw where the area dh's sister had lived in Pittsburgh had flooded with lots of rain they received yesterday. I'm glad you are safe, BookSaver. Yesterday was also my ds#3 and ddil's 20 wedding anniversary. Another good milestone for them.

Lady M, hopefully your ankle and leg will feel better quickly.

Next up to do:
- pay last two bills for the month & balance checkbook
- sweep floor, maybe mop
- s&s bathrooms
- collect trash cans/take big can to the curb
- one load of laundry, my clothes
- select another bin to sort through

That's enough to start, will work slow and steady. I still don't feel like running any races.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:16 pm

We got home about 1.5 hours ago and I got in bed and slept (poorly) for an hour. Paul Simon concert was over very late for us, then we walked back to hotel (about a mile) and I got poor sleep, especially until I cooled down. We were up early this a.m. to get breakfast and drive home. I am just now trying to sort out the rest of the day.

We have houseguests arriving in approx 5 hours. Between now and then:
-dcleaning lady arrives to do her magic
-I need to go out:
-----grocery
-----drop in to see my dmom for a bit
-----pick up at the cleaners for dh
-----maybe drop off some boxes with styrofoam inside at the "transfer station." I should put them in the back of my car, then I know I"ll do it.
-treat ddog's ears again
-s2s and be ready for another social evening

Dh and I were very snippy with each other yesterday. Snafus with insurance on dd's car after she was t-boned in her car, issues with me driving and going where Waze said, instead of the road dh usually took, lots more irritations. I'm feeling very "peopled out." We had dinner with four dfriends before concert and then I was squeezed into my seat at the concert and irritated with everything and everybody.

I did a lot of thinking while driving and realized that I am overextended badly. (You guys probably already knew that, right?) This speaking "gig" at the library has taken off and I'm feeling pressure to do well, and have realized I probably shouldn't have agreed to do it right now. Once I agreed, it took precedence over other things that are real goals. I need to keep my goals in perspective and look more closely at whether what I'm doing is in line with those goals.

I also should have protested when dh invited these guests to stay here, 24 hours after an out of town concert. I wouldn't be as stressed if we were seeing them for dinner only, but they are also in my own space. And while it needed to be done, getting dd's room cleaned out has been a major stress also. She should have done it, but that's not her MO.

So that's my lament. I got myself into this, and I'll get through it. But I need to think very carefully about what I take on and whether it's in line with my goals.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:25 pm

But for now, I think I can, therefore I will.

-leave ck for dcleaning lady, write her a note and leave door unlocked for her
-put boxes in the car, take off on errand round.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:36 pm

I'm "in" at least for the moment. Guy was here early this morning to try to get me 'up to speed'. He put another transmitter on our berm and thought that would cure the problem. Wrong. He had a great signal until he stepped up to our door. We're all thinking that the extra insulation they put in this RV may well be the cause of the poor signal inside. So I may just have to take the laptop out on the deck to do any transactions or that sort of thing.

Dh and I both went to our cardiologist this morning. The PA pronounced me "boring". Yay!!!! That's a really good thing. Only thing wrong is that my weight is up about 10# from last fall and I'm not in real good shape. So have those 2 (which go hand in hand) to work on over the next four months. Dh had an ultra sound and me an EKG. EKG was great and his results will be back in a couple of days.

I started a new regimen (for me) this morning. Got out a new notebook and am writing everything diet, weight, health related down. My aim right now is to make 3,500 steps daily and hopefully work up from there. I know I have to get this weight off to be anywhere near healthy.

Picking dh up at the 'shop' at 5pm to go to a Strawberry Social about 20 miles away. We've gone every year for probably 10 years. Not sure if dd and dsonil are going with us. DD felt she would be doing good to get him to go to one thing this week -and that was a fund raiser on Monday.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Good morning everyone! I am back at payroll, where I have homework from a meeting that must get done today and 189 unread emails to contend with. The doctor was pleased with my progress yesterday and pronounced me fit to return, still with lifting restrictions, but all restrictions will be ended in time for July's vacation with doctor-approved roller coastering and water parking. She did say there was more than the usual amount of bruising, but not at a concerning level. If I had any doubts about the procedure's necessity, the description of the cyst's contents as "like motor oil" would have ended them. Naturally, my house looks like a tornado zone.

Main home tasks today are library returns and some DPCs. Probably bills and budget too. Foster cat Chelsea is back, under the assumption that I can get her to clinic by putting her crate in the car, then putting her in it, and having someone else do the loading and unloading at the cat clinic. Once home, I can move the cat and crate separately again. (Car is garaged, so no escape danger). Chelsea and crate separately are below my weight restriction, combined they are too much. Briggs will be getting a break, because he is too heavy even by himself. My friend who is moving has not gotten with me to transfer her cat to my house. She was talking about having to move her patio furniture into a storage unit, so I volunteered to store it on my empty patio. Win all the way around!

I am very happy to hear it is the solstice. I love extra sunshine! I know it is also a day of significance in many cultures, so I hope everyone has a good one.

ETA: It is now lunchtime and I am down to 125 emails to contend with.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Taking a break.

DKids are eating lunch at school and then will walk home on the route DGD7 will be walking by herself the next school year.

DH got ours and DD yards mowed this morning.

A neighbor came over to check on DSIL and DD. She also borrowed our weed eater.

DMom called for the first of her daily phone calls. She will be with DBro for several hours today so I expect her phone calls will be reduced.

I need to find the porch paint and get a final coat on the project that DH built. He is not a baby-step type of guy. When he is working on a project, he wants to get it done.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:14 pm

I mowed the back yard it is muggy here today after thunder boomers in the nite. I am on a break and need to think about my lunch. Worked up some new rock painting designs. Glad for my progress today and happy to be able to join you in sharing here. Waving to all who follow!

Return to “Post When You Can”