Finally Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Dove

Re: Finally Friday

Postby Dove » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:57 am

Hi Harriet! :)

Waving ~~~~ to all. Will try to stop by more often. I miss you guys.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:05 am

Morning...

Harriet when I retured to college full time in my late 30’s I was single and on my own. I also worked the lunch shift a tavern. That’s when Inlearned to shop consignment stores... no goodwill back then in my area. Didn’t have much money and it was cheaper than shipping Kmart. I bought all my work clothes there plus a few extra pieces when I needed them. I still love shopping at goodwill on occasion. Last fall
I bought a beautiful cashmere sweater with the tag still on it for $7.

My friend is having her annual pool part today and thankfully her pool is mostly shaded. The temps
Will be 110*. I have my hat, long sleeved swim shirt and plenty of sun screen on hand. Made
Chicken salad for the gals and some for me as well. Mine doesn’t have grapes in it. Also made ice tea for me. Most of the girls coming are ones I worked with and that means this will be a laughing fest as well.

Waving to y’all... Perry’s on and my second cup of coffee is waiting!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:31 pm

Walked the dog a short walk. Went to the local market got a few things already thought of a couple items still needed. Did a rock drop. Eggs are boiling for tuna salad for lunch.
Still have 2 rooms to vacuum upstairs. X
Rest are done.
Time to flip laundry. X
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:42 pm

Napped about an hour, they called and dmom had gotten up from bed and fallen. Not badly apparently. Hospice nurse came and evaluated, all is stable. Got some questions answered. Dmom ate a decent lunch, perhaps a little less than 50% of her meal, but nonetheless okay.

Working on PowerPoint next.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:54 pm

I don't know why I would care if it is Friday or not -- I've been in total slug mode all week long. :oops:

No t-ball practice last night -- cancelled at the last minute -- so dgrands and I made a quick trip to Next Town to join ds & dh at the ass't living party. Then ddil met us over there, we ate supper, they came home, and we went to see Jurassic Park. World -- whatever. It was good -- but pretty intense. I can see why they don't want to take dgd and I'm a little hesitant about dgs seeing it -- but dh says he will love it.

I have to s2s soon b/c we need to go to a funeral visitation this afternoon. An elderly lady who has been a family acquaintance for dh and my families all our lives. She was a resident at the nursing home where ds plays monthly, and was a big fan of ds's. I grew up in church with her daughters, and taught all her grandchildren... so we need to go.

Tomorrow is dcousin's wedding. Outdoors. 50% chance of rain during the day, 30% evening/night... I guess you can't hope for much better odds this time of year. It came a FLOOD last night (not really, but it did rain HARD) so I am wondering what the lawn is like where the wedding will be held. It is at the home of a friend of theirs. And I hope dmom will go with me, but I also hope the walking conditions are okay... and the parking conditions! Dmom does NOT need to walk a long distance on muddy, uneven ground.

Twins, I am so sorry your dmom is having such trouble lately. Glad the fall was not serious.

Nancy is reminding me of laundry again... I have a shirt of dh's in the wash, trying to get a stain out. (This is different from the golf shirt -- this is the one he wore last night and spilled something on. He can't eat without getting SOMETHING on himself. shaking my head...)

Rose -- your pool party sounds like fun! Enjoy!

My ddil LOVES thrift store shopping -- and she finds some of the best things! Especially for the dgrands.

Waving to Harriet, Blessed, Dee, Dove, Elizabeth, Harmony, LadyM, and everyone else who may be popping in!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Thanks LucyL. I needed reminded to check the laundry again. One more load in the dryer. Folded ampnd put away the 1st load. Lunch is over. Sunny and nice here today.

Hens are happy I dug out some weeds by the hens run. They are digging for worms now.

Trying to get glitter off my hands after creative endeavors painting rocks.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:35 pm

Everybody probably in bed by now.

I took DH to job, traveled back and stopped at WM for my Rx then up to H D for his birthday gift. I got 3 birthday cards while I was in supermarket too.

Helped DH get his generator out of the big truck. He has it bolted to the floor and I worked the top while he went underneath and worked the nuts. Truck did not look as bad as I anticipated. However, he'd already cleaned out a lot of the damage and melted plastic things... so he had a lot of what he calls 'rough carpentry' to do. Built a new workbench and a wall partition and I helped with some of the cutting of long boards and planing stuff. 26-27' long truck. Big thing.

But then I went inside and slept the rest of the afternoon. Big elephant in the room I've been ignoring, is that for 3 days I've been lightheaded or dizzy or woozy or something; and just keeping on because I wasn't really "sick" but was sorta all-in so I just rested. I have no idea what's going on. Suspect my ears, but there is NO ear pain. No head pain. No nausea except just a little this afternoon, but not enough that I felt really sick and couldn't eat.

Trying to decide what I should do about all this. Everything too vague to go talk to dr. about... I do know on Wednesday after a very very busy day Tuesday and forgetting to eat or drink much, I felt a little dehydrated. That's better now. I'll just keep my eye on this. It'll either go away or get worse.

Good night's sleep might help. Off I go.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:03 am

Harmony could it be heat exhaustion?

I am still up and have gotten a bit of drawing done working out so me ideas for painted rock designs.

Am trying to get my planner set up for July my daily pages ran out this week.
My knee is sore feed sack could be the culprit.
Everyone remember to hydrate.

Return to “Post When You Can”