Tuesday True Self

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Tuesday True Self

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:46 am

Today's topic comes from LynLee post
I selected a card about finding/being/appreciating my true self,

I wondered how to find my "true self" and found these questions.

1. What do I love absolutely?
2. What do I consider my greatest accomplishments in life?
3. What would be my purpose if I knew no one would judge me?
4. If there were no limits to what I could have or could want in my life, what would that be?
5. If I had all the money in the world, what would I do?
6. Who do I admire most?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday True Self

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:54 am

Those 6 questions are going to require more thinking time than I have this morning. But the last question was easy. The moment I read it, I knew the answer. I admire my Mother-in-law.

Today's schedule is full. DH has a doctor appointment to follow up on the last skin cancer surgery. I am doing 24/7 childcare with DS9 and DGD7. I'll be taking them to library summer program this afternoon.

Taking a look at today's list. I have 8 items completed with 39 to go. I am challenging myself to see if I can get them all done today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:38 am

Yes, I enjoyed Lynlee's fresh inspiration and attitude-adjustment post, too, and am glad her veranda nature time didn't cut in to her new class!

Thanks for the review, lucylee. I appreciate hearing when it's just not going to be for me, and even when HRH might be interested, I appreciate being able to tell him "the reviews aren't good." ( smile )

Nancy, sorry the difficult dog was out again.

I like the true self thinking of, what if there was no judging, no limits, and money didn't make a hill of beans.

Not so much the "what would I do" but the "what/who would I purpose/be". NOW we're getting into courage. (smile)

This reminds me of dd19's dream when she was first starting hs, that she could be liked just because she WAS the girl who sat under a tree and sketched. And, of course, she moved into a time in (all our) lives when that started looking more inscrutable/cool than weird, and she was accepted. lol.

I'm definitely into some reading now that touches on the above. Will have to read for specifics on that a little bit.

J and C

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:45 am

Hi!

Mmm... snacks! I had 2 chocolate chip Eggos this morning. Not that great, even though I put raspberries and whipped cream on top.

Lots of fresh picked fruit going on here. Fresh raspberries and strawberries from the garden with blackberries on the way very soon. Fresh picked rhubarb went into the freezer last night. We got cherries from the farmer's market last Saturday and that farm is on the same street as us. Dh dug up all the potatoes last night. I think we got around 10 pounds. Last year I think we got 3 tiny potatoes altogether. We also got another hand full of green and yellow beans which I will make with supper tonight.

Supper tonight will be fresh potatoes and beans from the garden and a couple of slices of ham possibly done on the BBQ depending on the weather.

Still blazing hot here with no rain.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:52 am

gosh I love that! thank you for sharing d lynlee's card!

i have been off my card of going out of my comfort zone this summer and I miss it.

a quick hi to all you sweet ladies!
dd younger has a neurologist appointment this morning
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:19 am

Bargain hunting - don't know if anyone has the "prime" thing that dd38 gave me from A-river. Or if anyone who does have it even cares, but it's prime day on A-river today. Dd38 plans for this, saving up purchase decisions for this day each year to save money, even on small items. This is her modern-day "couponing". It takes some self-restraint to go over there (to A-river site) today. I did brave it and got the sale price on a paint-brush gift set I've been watching. Now to tell myself that was a very nice FINISH and stay away.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:22 am

Good morning! I have a quietly functional swamp cooler thanks to Elizabeth's Own HVAC. It was a simple belt replacement. It took longer to wrangle the gate shut that to do the repair. Another thing my friends think I need a man for. Maybe Elizabeth's Own companies should be doing business as Elizabeth's Boyfriend's HVAC, et.al. Nah, false advertising.

The daily loads are still processing and I have sent out a notice accordingly. Test and prod are still reversed on the food bank project, so I have to be careful.

Smiling with Harriet about the music store celebrity. I went to Santa Fe with "Jerry Garcia", aka my then brother in law. People on the square (probably stoned people), followed us around until his wife told them "We are traveling incognito." Mind you, this was after the real Mr. Garcia had died. What is prime day?

My answers to the questions:
1. I have realized I am not capable of love like other people, especially romantic love. I can carry out my duties, but don't have the same feelings or need for connection that others have.
2. Greatest accomplishment = PhD in physics. My x berated me for an hour for this answer once. Apparently, I am supposed to answer DD16, but I did not create her. Being able to reproduce is an accomplishment that I share with stray cats.
3. I have no purpose in life other than "picking up the pieces". This means I don't have a grand thing to do. Whatever I find that needs done, I try to do it.
4. I would want to be incredibly wealthy. Money is a tool that can be converted into almost anything.
5. And if I had it, I would take DD16 to Costa Rica. Then, we would park ourselves in Hawaii until we could get that doors off helicopter ride over a live volcano.
6. Who do I admire? Jesus.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:27 am

Up and at ‘em here... already been for mammogram and paid phone bill while at the post office... and treated myself to a donut — I know food is not supposed to be a reward, but the local shop closes at noon, so I almost never get out there. Plus, they have maple-glazed donuts and Krispy Kreme in Next Town doesn’t even carry those now!

However. I only got about 5 hrs sleep, so may nap a bit. Dh is still in bed.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:51 am

Went back to bed after getting up at 4 w a low. H got up just after to leave had early load.

S2s happened had some coffee. Sore knee no yd wk today for me. I need to get in gear to do and errand while it is still cool out.

The gal will take hens aroubd 8/1. One week from tomorrow give or take. It has been fun.

I will focus my attn. On yd wk & cleaning that was devoted to hens before. Trash is at the curb it was full.

H is delivering a load of donations in the car holiday decor items went this time. It is great figuring out what we can live w out. :mrgreen:

OMM on my mind ~ Aug. To do List.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Some of these questions always stump me, too...

1. What do I love absolutely?
Dh, Ds and ddil, Dgrands, Dmom
2. What do I consider my greatest accomplishments in life?
I would say, without a doubt, ds -- even if I didn't "create" him, as you are saying, Elizabeth. Of course, God created him, and I feel like most of his best traits were probably developed despite me & my craziness, but I am still awfully proud he is mine.
3. What would be my purpose if I knew no one would judge me?
Judgement or not, I feel my purpose is basically to be a witness for Christ -- although I am sure I fail more often than not in this.
4. If there were no limits to what I could have or could want in my life, what would that be?
Hmmm... This is kinda like having unlimited wishes, isn't it? I would write a best selling novel (under a pseudonym, and I would never do any publicity tours or anything like that, LOL! I would eliminate ALL my phobias and nervous traits... I would make sure everyone in my family was healthy all the time... I would make sure dgs was well-adjusted socially to match his intellectual maturity... I would do away with dgd's arthritis... I would have ddil complete her RN and get a wonderful job... I would have great success and financial security for ds...
5. If I had all the money in the world, what would I do?
More wishes? I'd repair everything that is "on hold" around here in this house, and hire a full-time landscape person, I'd make sure ds & ddil had no financial worries, maybe I'd hire a chauffeur to drive us on road trips ;) Boy... I sound self-centered. I really would give more to charity, too, like special needs things at church, and St. Jude's Children's Hospital, and the Gideons. Sometimes we don't really give as much as maybe I'd like, b/c we know we have a bill coming up or something.
6. Who do I admire most?
Aside from Christ -- my mother, ds, my aunt, and (now deceased ) my maternal grandfather, a former teacher of mine, and a dfriend of our family

I don't know really how that helps me find my true self, except that I'm a bit selfish? :oops: Obviously, family is the most important thing to me.
I suppose I should focus on my Christian witness more, and strive to be more like the people I admire?
Hmmmm...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”