Sunday pwyc ... we can be the peace in our home

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Sunday pwyc ... we can be the peace in our home

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:52 am

Happy Sunday or monday evening for Australia and good afternoon for europe.

How can you today, and this week, bring peace to your heart and your home so that your family and yourself?
We may seem small in the world but we are so much more powerful than we realize.

What can you do to bring peace and comfort to your world.

Chaos in our lives and our homes can take away the balance we need.

Let's be the light for ourselves and our family and that in itself will bring light to others and then the world.
We are more powerful than we realize!

BE the one touch to a soul, be a smile, be kind and in gentle spirt to ourselves and others. We do what we can and that is good enough. Your one smile or one kindness, without judging another, can bring something to someones life that may make a difference in their day. You may not even now you have a impact on the world but you do.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Sunday pwyc ... we can be the peace in our home

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:02 am

listening to the local lutheran church online. Okay I changed my daily journal page two weeks ago and it is not working!!! (I used to use cards for dailies but I like the neatness on this one). the rest of my card file looks good!

I am working on not using the computer first thing in the morning except for here and watching flylady Kat's daily video. I will watch the other stuff at night when it's time to relax.

going to look at calendar and make up bwp. and look at project outside and basement and figure out how to incorporate into my week. I also have to make time for me... I must keep my off day and do something I love during the summer.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:09 am

Hi, everyone

I hope I am a peaceful home influence today.

Back from rehearsal and fixed up dd's book to match mine so she can pop in and lead with me today. I was by myself at rehearsal, but I believe dd knows these.

Dd has a work friend coming over after church. We also need a grocery run, but I don't know how we're going to work that in.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:37 am

It was peaceful here. I was up early had a low bs#, bc I was already awake I headed to the store at day break got that done yea me for an early accomplishment today already.

I have been out in the yard I filled in three more holes out back & did some watering. Got up so cotton picking early was starving for lunch mid morning, so my lunch is over now.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:42 am

Just went over to say goodbye to our dneighbors. Know we won't see them for a couple of weeks. They're going to the Adirondacks on vacation Wednesday & we "plan" to go to our hometown for my class reunion. Plan to go down Friday & come back Sunday. Staying with my daunt & duncle. (She's the one 21 days older than me). This is if all medical stuff is okay by the end of the week. Thursday night we'll have our anniversary dinner at the campground Pub -which is really very nice. The owner, I understand, is working his specials for that night around what dh can have. Nice! The meals have all been very good. Someone said the other day, "Class A restaurant, at campground prices." Think they're right.

Dh is going to the Red Wings game in Rochester with dd -but they probably will only go for a little while. They have free tickets for first responders. Actually the owner of the Chrysler place we go to bought tons of tickets for today & gave them out to law enforcement agencies around the area. I have to pick up dd there tomorrow so we'll be sure to thank them.

Think I'll run into town after dh/dd leave to get the mail. Know there's a letter from F rontier there -hoping it's a check for our credit balance. Also know my card for Silver Sneakers is there -I put USPS informed delivery on my computer so pretty well know what's arrived in the mail. Don't think I'd do it if I had a mail box along the road, but this is at the post office. I had suggested it to dd but now that I think about that, not sure she should.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi!!

Woke up to the delightful sound of very much needed rain!! WOO HOO!! Local farmers have been using pipes to bring it out of Lake Ontario. I hope the burn ban is over!!

Supper tonight is a request for meatloaf.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:27 pm

I hope I am a peaceful home influence today.
what a blessing to both d harriet and d nancy!

hope your sugars normalize

hi d dee!

I am cooking! yay!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:46 pm

I am home and catching up online. I was up at 5:50 to get to airport so I think I can legit take a nap. Dh doesn't get home until 11 but I don't have to pick him up. I checked in with dfriend M and we will get together at 5 pm to catch up.

I ordered a pizza when I got home. I'm hoping to wait until tomorrow for grocery run.

Will be back later...so glad to be back with you guys also!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:05 pm

dear twins!!! welcome home!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:32 pm

this gluten free, nut free and dairy free (except they seem to handle a bit of parmesan, sheep feta and goat cheese - don't know why it doesn't bother them.

I made two meatloaf - one with gluten free panko crumbs and one regular (cut up into multi meals for freezer) :D

made chicken stock in instant pot and then making one chicken broth with rice for dd younger and one with egg noodles for the rest of us. :D cooling for the freezer. will freeze the rest of the stock in small bits for cooking and for tomato velvet soup at and of week.

i will make a chicken with wine (as I got lots of fresh mushrooms and veggies from the farmers market).Instant pot

vegetarian enchiladas are next (with out cheese) for freezer

make chimichurri and pesto without nuts for freezer
pickled onions
make butter for fish to put in freezer
carrots in instant pot
cabbage instant pot

making right now a simple barbecue sauce from ina garten.

dd's soup is not lasting long --- grabbed by dd younger

Return to “Post When You Can”