Sunday Solutions

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Sunday Solutions

Postby Harriet » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:49 pm

HRH did surface cleaning/footprints while I was at church. That was helpful and we look more like we might expect someone! He was expecting ds' children to get to come see him (and bring their less important parents), but instead it looks like he will get his dsister, lol. (He loves her, too, of course. And besides, she brings food!)

Also the young man may come in to see us when dd gets home from work, and of course we realize he is one of those who is wondering if his visits/hanging out should be curtailed soon. HRH said (and I wrote down word-for-word for posterity, in case there is any), "Of all the people who come by, W is not one of my least favorites, by any shot." :) Aaawwww! From HRH, that's like a testimonial!

I must have a solution to something... .. I may have to get back to you, LadyM! Hope you feel better!

One thing I'd like a solution to is my small kitchen. I hear about ya'll's wonderful cooking of several different things - some cooling down here, some being prepared there, etc. We have a hard time with bumping into each other just getting our breakfasts. Our kitchen (almost 40 years old) was definitely built before much emphasis on larger kitchen size was filtering down to average folks. By the way, over the last half-century, kitchens in the U.S. have gradually grown by 110 percent in size.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Before I forget, Harmony, I think your dh is completely 'normal' in getting tired. I'm now just about 3 weeks out from the heart attack/3 stents. I do get tired if I try to do too much. Hit a relative "wall" and I'm done. Went to church this morning and we stopped for groceries on the way home. I was completely done in by the time we got back. I had said I'd mix up tuna for sandwiches when we got home but I had to rest a few minutes first. I plan to try my exercises later today -but after I've rested. We watched a movie during/after lunch and I 'almost' dozed. But I'm now beginning to feel a little bit refreshed. So, no, I don't think your dh is 'unusual' at all. It's probably a good thing that he's sitting & snoozing. He too had a heart attack right? It's a bit different recovering from that AND stents, than just stents. I sometimes refer to my recuperation last time I had a heart attack/stents -which was January of 2017. BUT I also had extreme kidney issues along with that and was in the hospital for almost 11 days. Took me longer to recover then I think. Probaby the socialization from this morning and shopping was more than enough for me for a while.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:30 pm

I had about 4 hours all alone today while DH & kids were gone. My energy level zoomed. It is a completely different energy requirement in being able to focus on what I am doing vs being in Mom/Nana mode.

I told DH that I just can't stop wanting to cook for Thanksgiving Day. I know DH is trying to protect me from overdoing, but I am finding myself REALLY wanting to cook a small number of dishes. I especially want to make homemade hot rolls and dressing. I want that experience of eating homemade food. I keep trying to talk myself into eating out but but but..... I guess we will see what happens between now and Thanksgiving.

CCC = 47
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:35 pm

I have helped dd most of today and am just now getting to what I need to do to get away early in the morning. Dh has been a sport - he helped her by going to the grocery, then folded two loads of laundry here and emptied the dishwasher.

For dd's Thanksgiving Challah bake, I mixed up and kneaded three batches of dough, each the equivalent of seven smallish loaves. My arms are worn out - I have never made challah where I had to knead it, only in the breadmaker. I stuck around and helped her also because she requested it - she said she had 10 no shows so it wasn't as crazy as it could have been. And we did a round of clean up so she won't be stuck with all that. I am exhausted.

After I left her I went by to see dmom and visited for a few. I'm worried about this trip because dd will be with me and there's no local back up to call about dmom.

I am really tired but need to get myself organized and packed. Dh invited ds over for supper tonight and is going to cook, dd has other plans.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Watched the last half of "Sully" (Miracle on the Hudson) with dh and dd later this afternoon. Then I got off my Franny and proceeded with my exercises. Feels good once I start them and this makes 4 whole days in a row -at least I don't have any sloughing off at this point. Made out a chart that shows how long I've done each set of exercises and plan to send it up to the care manager at my DR's office in a couple of weeks and see what she thinks.

Tomorrow dh needs to go to the hearing aid center where he got his last year. Had made an appointment for a couple of weeks ago but of course had to cancel it because that's the day I was in having stents put in. Go figure.

I feel like I'm making progress but I also know when I'm tired and need to quit.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:00 pm

HRH's dsister visited. We enjoyed her very much and she got to meet the young man.

I went back out to the study at church and dd and the young man went out to supper. They are back playing some new video game.

Maybe I'll be able to do some housework in the morning before leaving with HRH for his appt. That way I can have a little bit of a leg up on it before dstepdil arrives.

Dee, that is impressive that you are keeping such good fitness records.

Hoping Kathryn is feeling better.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Nope, not feeling better. Day 8 of fever. It was 2 degrees above normal before supper. I slept a bit this afternoon.

Dfs posted pictures of the baptism. I'm sad I am not in any of the pictures.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:49 am

(((d kathryn)))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”