Tuesday TA-DA's

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday TA-DA's

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:18 pm

No house work to speak of today yet.
Got my goal on writing yea! Still have some pages to enter.
Trash is at the curb.
Wtg everyone.
Okay I'm testing my voice in put cool I got it to work! Yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:27 pm

Went to W algreen's with dd. Both the school clinic and her neurologist had called in prescriptions for her migraine med. However her insurance declined it. When all was said and done, it seemed the school clinic phoned it into Publix in Haines City. So off we went to there to get it. She can only get 9 at a time for a month any way and she's hoping to stock pile some. But at least it has 3 refills. Then we came back to A ldi's and I spent another $30 plus what she was able to get at Publix. One thing we do is look for a fairly non-fatty roast on sale and have it ground for hamburg. It's usually much lower fat than the packages of hamburg and we can usually get it cheaper. Most supermarkets are glad to grind it for us.

I need to go check the car for dh's phone holder. If it's not there I need to order him a new one. :roll: (Nope, not there so I'll order a new one -THEN we'll find it).
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Good morning! I got done all that absolutely had to be done last night: dance class, deliver sword, gasoline, meds check, and grocery store. What I need to do tonight: cook cornbread, print library list, office supply store, yarn check, schedule a dinner. I am supposed to bring a salad or green vegetable for the Thursday gathering. I will likely do both, with green beans being the vegetable. Southern style of course. I still would rather have Thanksgiving to myself, it's the only major holiday that I can do that. But, I know I will have a good time at G's house. It's just inertia.

This morning, I woke to the sound of the guest toilet running. I turned the water off and must fix that soon. Fun. At least I now know what that sound was.

At payroll, I was pulled into a meeting this morning and will be working on reports for another group. That's the good part. The bad part is that they are already overdue and there is a meeting about them Monday. YEEPS! But I already have some ideas to fix their problems and it has potential to make me look very good. Right now, I need to upload and post a new version of a report for comments, to clear my desk for the new work.

Maybe Harmony and DH could have separate weekends away, so someone will be at the house. Then, after hurricane season, a bigger vacation together.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:17 pm

DS10 decided he would rather go to DD house than stay here and do homeschool. That is perfectly fine with me, I just adjusted the spreadsheet tracking school days. We still have 3 more days to take off of doing homeschool this month. DD is off work today and I would like to have a break from childcare.

I discussed an idea with DH. What if.....we did the YMCA membership .....instead of swimming pool here? There are several pro/cons. The drive to/from the YMCA is about 30 minutes (each way). That is more time than it takes me hands-on to maintain the swimming pool but is somewhat comparable. The cost of YMCA family membership is about $50 a month which would be comparable to what it takes to maintain a swim pool. From a time & cost perspective, it is about the same. On the Pro side....There are added benefits to being at the YMCA that the swimming pool doesn't offer. On the con side..... DH thinks it is more dangerous to do the YMCA because of the drive & its location in town. The only way I know to make this decision is to try it for a month or so. I really would like to know before we commit to renovating our swim pool in the spring.

CCC = 47
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:19 pm

I don’t believe it is possible for me to be moving any slower than I am today.... WHY is it soooo hard for me to get myself going... I KNOW if I jump in the shower FIRST THING my day will go a thousand times better... and yet, I still find a million excuses to put it off.

I will have some ta-das later today!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Dh is very slow going lately too, Lucy. Have to ask him if he's been taking his vitamin B12. Hmmmmm…...probably not. In fact I just remembered to take mine.

Just got a BIG pot of cabbage soup going on the stove. DD's baked 2 pies so far and is making the chopped veggies for her stuffing. I did celery for the soup and for the stuffing. She chopped up carrots and onions for soup & more onions for stuffing. Then we just might put a Christmas movie in. Watched "Wonder" yesterday. Really enjoyed it!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:59 pm

My day quickly dragged to a stop.

I was on 15's. Fifteen on the computer for email or looking up stuff, then 15 walking around and then 15 back on the computer or stretching on the floor.

After the third 15, my sister called and talked for an hour. Then I had lunch, then watched a movie and now I'm ready to sleep. I did get dusting done while on the phone with her and the mail opened.

Dh just called. He should be at the dentist now but the road is closed so he'll be late.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:33 pm

hello - I will come back and say hello individually.
I have been doing holiday stuff -
got everyone to have ideas for the Thanksgiving name pull and printed out links and ideas (you give multiple things and you may or may not get one of things wanted... there is a dollar limit). So I will put that in my purse now so I have it.

My holiday journal is now set. (with everything, so far) written in it)

went though files pulled and all put away. Including photos.
made insurance phone calls - really nice young man helped me.
took care of things with d brother. - today is his paper work day so it was nice to get the paper things done with him. Done!

My password list pages, my breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/water pages and my calendar came in from Sew much crafting. love it!

my d kids have been asking for ideas from me. done
dd older gave me a bunch of ideas as well
dh is done
dd younger still has to give me some ideas.
next put the birthday candles in the birthday box, put the couple things I found from halloween - from drawer - away in halloween orange box
finish the ww ideas for this week.
I washed the floor mats
emails checked and erased
printed out flight information for dd's and marked it on my calendar
dh got gas for my car. :D so I have gas for Thanksgiving

I got the best news on one of our accounts - they accidentally overcharged me and asked if they could tear up the check I sent. what a lovely thanksgiving blessing. This never happens. I love she was so honest and called me right away. so sweet. plus, it really helps!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:37 pm

I am so sorry about Ken's tooth, Kathryn! I hope they do replace it at no charge -- I know implants are ridiculously expensive. Dmom considered it for full mouth, and still sorta wishes she had done it -- BUT -- she is so sensitive to so many metals, that she wonders if she could have tolerated them. Plus, the realization that she could have bought a really nice SUV for the same price. So she is still trying, with little success, to adjust to her dentures.
DDIL is trying very hard to follow all instructions re: her single tooth implant, because she said there is no guarantee re: whether it "takes" or not. But it sounds like Ken's just wasn't in right! Hope you feel better soon, also.

I do have small ta-das:
* s2s, Bible, vitamins -- yes, took my B-12 -- but I noticed I did not take it all week last week, and was probably very negligent the week before. :oops:
* started laundry (1 load ready to hang up, 1 load in washer now) :D
* went to Wmart AND grocery store -- :shock: spent right at $50 for
-- 4 gallons Milo's tea (if it is unavailable in your area, you are really missing out. It is the BEST sweet tea in the world)
-- 4 pkgs Sara Lee ready-to-serve rolls
-- 2 pkgs Pillsbury slice and bake chocolate chip cookies
-- 1 pkg -- 4 cups -- chopped pecans
-- 48 plastic forks, 48 plastic spoons
This sounds crazy to me. DH said the paper said Tgiving dinner for six should come in at approx $50. I don't believe it. He thinks we are spending more than our "share" on my family dinner, but I said, well, someone will be buying turkey and or ham, and that is very expensive, plus the time involved in making chicken and dressing, peeling/slicing potatoes, etc. Dh said, "But their dressing is no good." LOL. I told him that didn't enter in to the time and effort required to make it. (He doesn't like it b/c they put too much sage and don't brown it enough for his -- or my -- taste. But that's all right with me, b/c I know how much trouble it is to make it.)

Dgrands will be here in just a few minutes and stay for a few hours, until time for us to go to nursing home for singing. Then dgrands and their parents will be on their way to her family for the holiday and dgd's birthday.

Oh -- a FYI -- if you are considering buying a little girl a "little people" kind of house -- ie. Fisher Price or Playmobil -- I have a product review. Playmobil offers more "stuff" to play with -- such as a four place setting of tiny tiny silverware! -- but the house does not seem as durable as FP. The hinges do not want to stay tightly in place when you open and close it. I got it b/c I couldn't find the FP one that closed up and had a carrying handle. Also, I suppose after reading The Miniaturist, I was fascinated wtih all the little furniture and accessories. Unfortunately, I did not realize that ddil and I would spend a good part of last night ASSEMBLING the little furniture and accessories, LOL! 127 pieces -- which I assume included the tiny flowers for the tiny stems for the tiny vase, the stickers for the tv and stereo, the chair cushions, the toilet paper -- yes -- it has EVERYTHING for the little family of three that live in it. But if it could be in two pieces, it WAS in two pieces.
DGD absolutely LOVED it -- as did dgs who wanted to play with ALL her stuff. Even the baby doll (one of those "Reborn" dolls that is supposed to feel more realistic (I also thought that was waaay overpriced, but she loved it too) -- DGS said he could be the daddy, she would be the mommy. He would be 35 years old, "b/c that would be the age of the perfect daddy." (The same age as his daddy.) Of course, he announced that made ME approx. 80-something years old, b/c I would have to be the great-grandmother.
It was a fun night, but I was glad when it was over.
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Dee...

I don’t know which migraine meds your daughter takes but I use Maxalt. I can only get 9 pills a month as well. However I do get a years supply. I told my neurologist I felt like a drug addict cause I stock pile mine as well. I do the same with my generic Vicodin. Last time my prescription was for 90 pills and I went almost 10 months before I needed a new one. People are willing to pay a high price for them on the street, but I told her she didn’t need to worry abt that. Those pills mean more to me than the money I could get for them. I stock pile them as well and hide my pill bottle when we go away cause I’m always afraid someone will break in and take them.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”