Tuesday TA-DA's

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Tuesday TA-DA's

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:36 pm

ACK!!! I know what needs to be done. I even have a good idea of how to do it. But not a complete method of doing it. There are differences between DB2, Oracle, and SQL Server and I am banging my head against all of them.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:05 pm

Home from spending the afternoon taking DMom to her appointments.

Shingle shot success!! WGreens has the shots now so DMom was able to get her 2nd & final shingle shot.

The visit with Ophthalmologist didn't have such a happy ending. DMom has 2 splinter hemorrhage on her optic nerve. She now has more daily eye drops to put in and will return in a few weeks to have her left eye checked again.

A couple of days ago, I ran across a big sale on A-river for roomba type vacuum. The Deal of the Day was less than 1/2 price so I decided to give it a try. My biggest reason for buying the robot vacuum isn't so much as sweeping the floors but because it runs automatically on a schedule that the kids know they must have their things off the floor. My initial experience with it is positive. The sun is currently shining brightly through the windows showing every speck of dirt on the floor. I am happy to see very few specks. I am impressed with how well it cleaned considering we have 3 big dogs and 2 kids.

CCC = 55
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:28 pm

LadyM...
Thanks for the review I have a friend that has had one for five years and she loves hers. She says her husband takes it apart when it begins to slow down with picking up stuff and it says it’s easy to do.

I got an early thanksgiving present... my kids called me to tell me I’m having a grand girl!!! I won’t be posting on FB till they do so shhhhhh, mums the word!!! She doesn’t have a name yet and may not get one until she is born.

My official name is Nola...something from the past which I love. Sweetie informed me that there is a song by Billy Williams and the words fit me to a tea. I’m excited abt that too !!!!

Hope twins brought warm clothes with her for her trip. NYC will be experiencing the coldest weather in history. They’re not even sure the balloons will fly for the parade. It’s gonna be brrrr shiver there.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:41 pm

dinner dishes washing themselves
counters cleaned
stove not ;) 8-)
surface vacuumed first floor not rug
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:48 pm

Rosie, congratulations!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:01 pm

RR - A GIRL?!!!! That is awesome! Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to having some less structured days. My calendar for the rest of the week is bare.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Congratulations, Rose!!! I am so excited for you!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:55 pm

Congratulations RRose. I hope you are feeling better.

Elizabeth, with these old cars, I wouldn't take a vacation by myself. A couple hours trip by myself is ok but no farther. Not brave enough. I don't think DH would either because he gets sleepy driving and often I have to take over. You'd think we were old....

Trip out was horrendous. Bank ok. First shop looking for lampshades didn't have any and sent me on a wild goose chase to somewhere I could never find. Up and down the main drag through town reading all the shop signs (I was given directions but not an address). And we had some kind of gnarly weather almost all day and it was grey and raining hard and foggy. DH checked online and sent me to another place that had the most expensive stuff I've ever seen. Have you guys noticed the prices of ordinary lampshades these days? I still have the frames, I just might think about making my own!

2nd bank stop did another chore. Oh, and while I was on that scavenger hunt I passed my drs. office and stopped in there because the phones in that area have been out the past 2 days...and who knows for how long...and I needed to make an appointment and get an Rx refill. So I did that.

Another cartload of stuff at the grocery and guess what I saw on the news right when I got home? ALL romaine needs thrown out and shelves washed wherever the pkg was sitting; no wondering, no checking on where it came from...it has e-coli, every bit of romaine that is in the stores around here. So that's in the garbage and that new recipe won't be used. DH says just wash it in bleach. Which is why I do the cooking around here.

Trying to do little things here, but I have NO energy left. None at all. I hope I'm more with it tomorrow.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:01 pm

I'm sorry - I posted this on yesterday's. I'll go delete the old one.

Now to go read all today's posts since I ignored the whole thread, I guess.

Today was errand day - 8 total errands and still none of it groceries.

Tried to work on church Desk Day but didn't get far. Frustrating. I need to sleep and then try again.

Had thought maybe grocery could happen today but it was not in the cards. So that also should be first thing in the morning. Which one needs a clear head most... ..

Shingles chat -
HRH was told to get a shingles vaccine and on our 4th call to different pharmacies we found one BECAUSE the 3rd pharmacist we called said "don't waste your time just go to the Shingrix.com site and look through their listing" (of recent pharmacies to which they have delivered - U.S. only, we're assuming, but not sure). Turned out there had been a delivery at a relatively close pharmacy we seldom visit. A phone call to that pharmacist, and we learned that she had only 2 left from her recent shipment. So HRH left immediately and got one of those. Of course, this has no bearing on the second injection that is supposed to come much later - we have no idea whether that is available anywhere, assuming it is different (?)... .. actually, we don't even know if it is. But I thought I'd post this info in case it helps anyone.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:08 pm

Good evening everyone. I'm happy to be here to c.i. and say hello. I seem to have lost track of what day it is; today just doesn't feel like a Tuesday to me.

Dh and I were up early this morning for breakfast and had our morning routine started. We had two rx refills to pick up at two different pharmacies. We also needed to get a few groceries, so we started at W-M. We wanted to shop today instead of tomorrow thinking that the stores would be crazy busy then. The grocery seemed to be fully stocked with extra foods, but we found no "no sugar added" pies. We are going to dfam#1 for Thanksgiving and ddil said we need to bring nothing but ourselves. She is making apple pie for dessert and our youngest dgson doesn't like pie, so we got a sugar free cake mix and will make cupcakes to take. Anyway we got the rest of our groceries then stopped at Publix for the other rx refill.

Harmony, I'm sorry you are having a more difficult time getting ready for the holiday this year, although I know you can handle it much better than I could. I just know it will all work out well for you!

This past weekend was lost to me. A few days before the end of last week I felt like I was getting a cold and had those strange pains behind my ear. Saturday afternoon after dh's PT nurse was here I laid down for a short nap. When I woke up I had the worst feeling of vertigo with everything spinning and couldn't keep my balance. I had to keep my eyes closed. We got up Sunday morning to watch church online, then I went back to bed and slept most of the day. Thankfully by Monday morning the spinning was over and even though I was still feeling washed out I could move around better.

Kathryn, it seems like your fever is slowly fading back to normal. Hope the pain and rash are as well. I had a bout of Shingles back in Jan. 2015. I was sick in bed for at least one week and it took all of three months for everything to finally clear up. I did not go to the doctor as you did, so you will surely be better way sooner than I was. (((hugs))).

Feel better wishes to Rose and others here. And Rose, congratulations on the news of a new dgrbabygirl!!!

Monday morning ddil#1 called to say that dgkids were out of school for the week and could they come to visit for a while? We were happy to see ddil, dgd21-K, dgs15-T, dgs12-D and their black lab, StevieB. We had a nice, long visit all afternoon. We played a few rounds of Mexican Train dominoes and our Minnie enjoyed playtime with Stevie.

Dh has one more PT session; tomorrow afternoon will be the last time she comes. Dh has made good improvement the last few months, but will have to be consistent in keeping on with the exercises to keep his legs stronger and his balance better. Dee, I admire your determination to keep up with your exercises and also Lady M's dmother to keep moving also. I hope the new shots work for her.

I'm tired again even though I had a nap this afternoon and it's time to let Minnie out again, so I will say goodnight.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”