Thankful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Thankful Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:42 pm

Smiling to hear blessed's family had a cranky pants today.

We had a mr cranky pants here this a.m., but mostly because of joint pain (latest surprise side-effect, now getting better) and a message from an extended-family member of his, asking to borrow money. He wasn't so much irritated because of the request as because other alternatives that had already put him to trouble were being ignored, as was his pain/sickness. But he was so cranky he wouldn't communicate well and was in a "let the chips fall where they may" mood. So an opportunity for understanding each other was lost.

I've worked on the kitchen today.

The card wreath is almost ready to hang. So late with it this year, but still enjoying it.

Christmas present that wasn't completed for dd38 is now mailed as a bday present for dd39, lol, and I put a photo in A,C and N thread.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:49 pm

dishes washed. the fl help me please sorting tubs are outside. . emptied in house recycle and front room waste bins. cleaned front of house pedestal fan cord, base and added double adaptor there.

My rdgs had the serendipity of recognizing all emotions today.
Maybe letting it known there are cranky pants isn't the worst alternative, so long as there is no harm done in the process. I know. cranky is not the most helpful communication tool.

I remembered yesterday I had neglected a Christmas mailing to dsis, because of kind phone calls that happened. I need to add that to my list.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Is tx max a US firm?

TJ Maxx is an American department store chain. Not sure if that is the same one your asking about.

I'm home from spending 2 hours at the Y. The first hour I'm doing dry exercises. The 2nd hour I'm doing wet exercises. The time flew by and I had to hurry to finish. I don't like being there after 5pm because the place transforms from a quiet enjoyable place into a loud crowded environment with people wall to wall.

DH puppy dug under the fence today and escaped. He didn't go far. He was walking the fence line trying to get back into the yard.

I stopped by DMom's house to take her some groceries. I discovered DMom has been taking double the amount of Mucinex that she should be taking. I asked her why she was taking that much and her answer was "R (DBro) told me to do it". I told DMom that she can not do that. DMom insisted that she should because DBro told her to do it. I called DBro and put him on speaker phone then asked him if he wanted DMom to take twice the amount of meds. Of course, he said NO. DMom kept insisting that he told her to do it. ANYway, DMom won't take double the amount anymore. ....hopefully
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Lynlee said:
Sleep was scattered with radio on.

There's been a lot of that here lately too. I use podcasts instead and often fall asleep before they end, then wake up in the silence 20 minutes later. I've taken to making a bookmark in my audio book and then letting it run all night. I'll awake from time to time, be lost in the story and fall back asleep. When I'm awake in the daytime, I go back to the bookmark and start listening properly.

I also recommend the podcast "Sleep with me." Good droning voice, and nothing dramatic to wake you up. I was using that regularly before I got sick in November when I switched to listening to audio books.

Before dinner I finished reconciling the two bank accounts so now my records reflect what is actually in the accounts (a useful feature.) I have 3 more easy credit cards to reconcile (one or two transactions a month), the cash (a lost cause, probably) and then the hardest credit card (at least 25 transactions per month.) At least now, the bill payments are recorded so when I go to reconcile I won't get stuck trying to figure out when/how I paid the bills as they came in since July.

I have a meeting tomorrow morning. Dh is going to be up late tonight so I'm free to go to bed whenever I decide to. I'm leaning towards going now. Or doing the easy credit cards and then heading to bed.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:19 pm

hello all! dishes washing themselves.

hello d kathryn!

Hello d lady!

hello d lynlee!

Hello d harriet! love Ms. Cranky pants :lol: 8-) dh said - he has been warned lol when I told him that I was ms. cranky pants. (((praying for your dh to feel better!))))

hello d Dee!

sweet dreams all!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Two of the easy credit cards are done. I'm going to shred the chits and then head to bed.

I did way more data entry than I set for myself for the day. I needed to reconcile 42 months but some were really easy so I was counting on about 28 'units' to do. I've got one easy account (2 units and 7 really hard months) left to do and then figure out the cash which I'll count as 3 units of difficulty. It is really a mess because it hasn't been reconciled since June.

I've backed up my work.

As for the rest of the items on my to-do list, I might try and get some done in the morning before I leave for the meeting.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:57 pm

I have been doing my evening routine, h was fixing his lunch, we try to stager it but I wanted it done before 8 I have a show I want to watch also do not like having to do my evening routi e any later than that if I can at all avoid it. Working on some fun border ideas for bujo. The return PJ's is a chore for later. Going to try to do it early before there is a line.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:41 am

TJ M ax was likely it. While there I couldn't work out the stores origins. Yes a large department store with the best collection of hats I've seen.

dishes washed. stove top and counters attacked. 2 loads of washing.
Entry bins emptied. floor PU. table and ex table things - dealt with some of those.
bed changed, floors and bathroom done while helpers here. load of washing in and away.
since they left -
helper and helper were a 2 for half the time deal. Everything got done.. no just checked. emptied vac canister. washed it. set it to dry.
2:25 PM
since they left - mirrors in MBR cleaned, and photo frames, lunch,
and cleaned front window and screen. ( big deal as it was one of those long outstanding jobs.)

Next - I'm going for a rest.
This blouse needs treatment since it helped get a window out of its frame, etc, and back again. Might do that first.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:54 am

This was a very Thankful Thursday for me. Dh's dsis had her heart cath done and it showed no blockages. Which is a big relief, but she definitely has something going on and the cardiologist really thought she had blockages. So I don't know where they go from here, yet.

I went to Sam's and WM today and bought groceries. Tomorrow I will go the regular grocery store and pick up the sale items and a RX.

I can't remember if I posted yesterday but I did get my bank statement reconciled and the budget balanced. I need to work on paperwork that includes things that are tax deductible. I want to have that ready, so that as soon as we have everything necessary to file taxes, I want them done. Last month dh received a letter from the IRS that someone tried to apply for a job using his social security number. We had to notify one of the credit bureaus who would notify the other two and put fraud alerts on his number.

When I told dd2 about it she said that someone had tried to open an account at B ed, B ath and Beyond in her name and they had her social security number and date of birth. So she opened a L ife L ock account in her name. Dh has one and didn't think I needed one, but after her experience, I need to do that. Then last week dd1 had someone make some charges on one of their credit cards. It appears that the scammers are everywhere and it is irritating.

Yesterday dsil2 received a phone call telling him he was about to be sued. He told them they could talk to his accountant and they insisted he call a number. When he did, the first thing they asked for was his social security number. Right there was the red flag that it was a scam.

Today I received a call and the caller ID showed the name of the nearest town that has a social security office. When I answered they asked for me and I said she wasn't available. They told me that they were the Medicare Help line. Then why didn't it say something about the social security office on caller ID. I am sure that was a scam.

And that is just our families experiences in a month.

Guess I better head to bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”