Happy Victoria Day Monday!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Happy Victoria Day Monday!!

Postby CathyS » Mon May 20, 2019 7:18 am

Hi!

It's a day for BBQ's and fireworks!!

We will be having a BBQ later, but we don't do fireworks.

Supper will be steaks and corn on the cob on the BBQ and cold salads.

It's a beautiful day with a bit of wind. Almost everything is closed here except gas stations, restaurants and some pharmacies. If dh and I really need anything we can drive down to the falls. Tourist area tends to be more open.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Happy Victoria Day Monday!!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 20, 2019 7:58 am

It is cornbread day here!

Dgs woke up at 6:30 and we sat down to eat breakfast at 7:30.

He just rhymed off everything we ate for dinner last big family dinner which was at least 3 weeks ago. Right down to what specifically the GF had (she has food allergies.)

I think we'll go for a train ride this morning.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:04 am

happy victoria day d cathy and d kathryn!

enjoy your train adventure d kathryn!

have fun with barbecue and fireworks d cathy!

hello hello!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:11 am

today was supposed to be home blessing day. Instead, I will be taking dd younger downtown - drop her off and head over and do some errands close to the city but future north. 1/2 hour away. I will pick her up and drop her off at dd older's apartment. She is staying there for 2 days.

I will pick her up Wednesday: parking at dd's is difficult bc they have stickers for cars and to get extras you have to stop at the alderman's office monday through Friday which is almost impossible for dd older. You get ticketed and towed there. and you don't want to get towed in chicago bc you won't find your car. ;)

Parking downtown overnight and a couple days is like getting a small loan.

I have been up for an hour and 1/2 and haven't done anything. so now it is time to get my Monday morning bahookey moving.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am

Happy Victoria Day!

My day is off to a good start. Sunrise walk at the park was accomplished. Swimming pool daily chores are done. Drinks for the day have been made.

I am enjoying a cup of coffee with my feet up. This brings me joy.

What doesn't bring me joy is the insanity (IMHO) of the weather people in how they present the data. It seems each profession attracts a certain type of personality. I find a high percentage of the weather people irritate the daylights out of me. I don't need their drama....just give me the facts, please.

The weather forecast has only gotten worse this morning. The good news is their predictions can't get any worse. We are at the highest level for tornado, hail (softball size) and over 80mph straight winds, and after the storms pass then flooding is being predicted for tomorrow.

I find that humor helps in these types of situations. Someone just posted this on FB…......Just saw a press release. Please all residents if we get softball size hail please help limit property damage and try to catch as much as possible. 
Natural selection will take its course.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:38 am

how wonderful d lady to have a morning walk out in the park! lovely!
I agree... i don't like drama in news, in politics and in life!
praying for safety for everyone in your area and in all tornado areas!

Please all residents if we get softball size hail please help limit property damage and try to catch as much as possible.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:39 am

most of my morning routine is done.. I don't have time to vacuum the first floor or rinse the kitchen.
I did put the drip line on and watered 2 outside pots.
flip flopped and folded some laundry

wishing you a good day!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 20, 2019 9:41 am

I am amazed at how effective 6 min. Was on my morning dailies this morning yea!

Nancy - POTB! I need this reminder of how much can be accomplished in a small amount of time.

He has to get a tablet or something for next fall. We donwanna. Anybody have an opinion on the most inexpensive, easiest-to-learn one?

Harmony - It would help to know what purpose they will be using it for. I have seen some 7,8, or 10" tablets at Sam's that have some great reviews. I have been toying with the idea of getting a Samsung Galaxy Tab. I can't justify it because I already have so many techie toys tools.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 20, 2019 10:31 am

LadyM, his youth group is going to some kind of interactive curriculum. He could use a smart phone if we had one. I guess he will have to log into WI-fy. Some sort of App or program site. Previously he used the home computer and just printed out his lesson every week. We've never used anything with a touch screen. :roll:

Myself, I'm having to get another phone and carrier before next month. My charge is going up and by the end of the year, (I hear - correct?) 3G is going away. My present phone is fine for my needs. It has extended keyboard. People tell me it looks like a blackberry. I don't use the internet when I am out and about.

Had to look up Victoria Day. It was what I thought, but I'm surprised Canada celebrates this as she was an English Queen, not a Canadian one.

Ok, I've cleaned up my desk which was 45 minutes of work. Folded some laundry. Going to tackle that kitchen cabinet and organize that one space today. So far that's all the plans I have.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 20, 2019 11:08 am

I need to remember that 6 min. Per room can make a difference.
Planning and journaling done.
Seeds are falling again this week.
Yellowcand pink old fashioned roses are in bloom here as well as irises.
I have had breakfast.
We are having beautiful weather today.

Return to “Post When You Can”