Ready to Start? PWYC Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Ready to Start? PWYC Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:42 am

Kathryn, my track record is worse than yours, so don't fret!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Hi!

I did another load of laundry this morning and put away a lot of stuff that hasn't gotten put away recently.

I came up with a new-to-me method of clearing the island. I took out my other large flat surface, the ironing board, and moved all the books to there. Wow! Island got clearer, (more clear?) quickly. Still working on it. The island didn't get messy in an hour, so it won't get cleared in an hour.

Supper tonight is a new-to-me recipe and when I saw it, I thought... "How did I not think of this years ago!!" Pork Cacciatore! Instead of chicken, pork is used as the meat and browned first. It is now in the crock pot on high so the house won't get any warmer than it needs to be. I have had 2 oscillating fans going in here for most of the day with as many windows and blinds closed as possible. It's very humid here.

We will be having the rest of the potato salad to go with the meat.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Decluttered a few items.
Trash can is back from the curb now.
I weeded by the road a bit.
Swept and spiffed up the carport.
Sanded some on my boards.
Got the zucchini grated and is in the freezer.
Got a letter out to the mail box.
Yea for progress.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:21 pm

Okay, I'm back. Gals in the Dr's office explained everything they would be doing: EKG first, then a short ultra sound, then dr would come in to talk about what they would do, then hopped on the treadmill. Dr said it would go 3 minutes, then a little faster as they increased the incline, then another 3 minutes & increase incline, then another 3 etc up to 12 minutes. Gal was hanging on to my back and they started it. I went all of about 10 seconds & dr told her to stop. She said she knew she was losing me & wanted to stop it but couldn't until he said to. Then had to quick hop back on the ultra sound table and 4 more pictures. Obviously I couldn't do the tread mill. All I could think (for what few seconds I was on) was that I was going to go down, hanging on. Which is exactly how I so badly injured my shoulder in the first place.

Dh talked with the PA who talked with the Dr about his swelling, etc. They made an appointment for him in 2 weeks. Dr also told us in the future he wants to be the ONLY one in charge of meds for the congestive heart failure. So hopefully we'll get this all straightened out.

It was 90 in our RV when we got back. Needless to say the AC is on. Oh thank goodness it works! I may try to go down and walk in our rec hall later today when it cools off a little more. It stays fairly cool in there. In fact we went to potluck last night (I ate very little) and I had goose bumps by the time I left.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:04 pm

Cardiologist's office called as he forgot to ask me to schedule an appointment for a carotid artery ultra sound. I had one done in the hospital on May 17th in FL and have tried reaching someone at my Primary's office. They have that record I think. Finally went ahead and made the appointment. I can always cancel it if my primary office calls me back & they have that info. Unfortunately evidently cardiologist does not have it and it's nigh on to impossible to get records sent in a timely manner or even sent at all from the FL hospital.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Ci - how is every one doing.
I have weeded another bed.
Lunch x
I reclaimed more wood.
Had one bit left to work on, one more bit on the pallet to work on to get it apart. X
I need to move the saw horses again & put in another stake to hold up the shade for the tomatoes. X
Pulled 3rd medium size full of weeds today yea for more progress.
I put my thought for the day in my journal, had them in my planner for part of the month.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:49 pm

We had a very nice thunderstorm. Lots of rumbling before the actual rain came. Patio was dry within a few minutes of the storm ending.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:10 pm

Trying to cuop but I’m on my phone, so..,

(((Dee)))

Kathryn, I’m very interested in the planner, because I am just kinda obsessed with planners! I want to look at it on my computer so I can see the pictures better.

Day Two of Something to Report before I CI:
— focus vacuuming in guest bath completed
— vacuumed floor in baby room
Have also
— been to bank
— talked to dmom
—talked to ddil

Waiting on haircut now
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:33 pm

We had storm here too, Cathy, but we're anything but dry. Still very windy and looking like we'll soon be having another round. At least all the flowers are watered.

Today is ddil (DS-R) birthday. Not sure if we're doing anything or not. I know dd bought a cheesecake yesterday as that's her favorite. (Yep, starting to hit the roof again). I bought just a small remembrance from us back while we were still in FL.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Well, Dee, I'm glad you're home with only the worry now of the info from one hospital to another location (sigh... .. is this 2019 or the dark ages that they can't accomplish that easily). But sorry the test the dr wanted was not working for you. How is Mr. DeeClutter today?

Cathy, a sorting surface is SO much help. One thing about an ironing board is that it appears and disappears easily! Gives enough elbow room to work, too.

Today we followed Kathryn and Dee to doctor stuff. HRH had his follow-up appointment (for the treatment's last blood work tallying) with the kidney dr. This time, for the first time in 8 or 9 months, he didn't want me to go back with him and I sat and read while waiting. Doctor was pleased with the numbers, is continuing the s-l-o-w plan to get all the meds out of his system, and is allowing him 6 weeks until next appt (always a month before, plus the treatment within each span).

HRH wanted 6 months, of course. Doctor did say he will consider a long span like that at the next appt. By their scale, HRH has lost 4 pounds in a month.

Afterward, HRH felt well enough to continue on with errands (I was prepared, carrying things just in case) and we followed lucylee to bank, then through a relatively new, large grocery somewhat off the beaten path for us. We were overwhelmed at the excellent produce section. :o ❤️ For instance, for the first time in these, maybe... 5 years (?) of knowing the fruit existed, I actually found a Yellow Dragonfruit here in our area. They had 2. I already regret not buying both, but I got a purple with it instead, thinking of some photo fun.

Back home, I made a big kitchari in the Instant Pot. I cut up so much sweet potato that I'm noticing at keyboard my left thumb is orange and continues to feel sticky after washing. :D I probably need lemon juice for this!

Return to “Post When You Can”