THURSDAY PIE

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: THURSDAY PIE

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:49 pm

I heard that song... beans beans.. lol

just a quick hi - hi!!!
I painted for a while..
saw d mom
I haven't done my morning routine - I think I should
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:02 pm

H is home. I have meat loaf patties cooking they smell great! They are done.
Next pizza dough tomorrow, one to freeze up, one for dinner game nite.
Trying to elimate prepared foods with stuff we cannot pronounce in it.
I boiled eggs for dinner and h. Lunch.
Need to peel them.
Tuna sald for dinner, rinsed the dishes off.
Watered yard beds.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Elizabeth - I hope your insurance company lawyers work it out.

We had a similar situation several years ago. DD was driving a vehicle that was in our name and she hit a group of cars at a stoplight. It caused 5 vehicles to hit each other like dominos. Thirteen people were involved. All of the vehicles hitting each other was deemed DD fault because she was the one that hit the back car pushing it into the next next next next vehicle. Our insurance company lawyers eventually got it all worked out but it took a while to settle with all 13 people.

DH had 4 cavities sooooo that means we left the dentist office today with SEVEN more appointments made for the near future. Cha-ching. Cha-ching. The dentist gave me a prescription of fluoride to use on my teeth. I'm not a fan of fluoride but I don't like cavities either. I guess I can pick my poison.

DD called while we were still in the city to ask if we would pick up DGD8 from her home before we left town. I thought DGD8 was going to spend the night/day with DD but I guess 2 hours was it. ANYway, we picked up DGD8, went to Sam's to get prescription & "Buy This" list shopping for us and the church.

I talked to DMom on the way home from the city. ARGH. DMom was all upset and confused. I had arraigned with DBro to take DMom to her doctor appointment this afternoon but he forgot and was a no show!! So DMom took herself to the doctor visit and she was highly agitated hours later. I can only guess how she spoke to them from listening to DMom rant and rave. I suspect that I need to contact the doctor office staff and apologize. I am both frustrated and disappointed with myself. I knew this was a possibility. I should have changed DMom's appointment to a time that I was available. I take DMom to all her medical appointments but I thought DBro could handle this one since is just paperwork that DMom already has firm decisions made. Medicare requires a yearly appointment to confirm DNR, living will and other types of stuff is up to date.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:48 pm

he is tired all the time and has hard time getting a full nights sleep.
Exactly the same here, Sunny. Hoping this change will fix things and that my BP will stay where it should be. Find myself nervous about that.

Went down to the car show here at the camp ground tonight. They probably had a 100 cars. Saw lots of old friends. That part was nice. DS-A and our 3 DGSs were here along with the race cars of two of them.

Passed on your thanks to dh, Elizabeth. Hoping this info helped.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:04 pm

I wouldn’t say I’ve seen much progress today...
— went to Next Town for allergy shot
— bought baby shower gift
— talked to drug co to get epipen alternative shipped next week
— reconciled checkbook/statement
— talked to elderly dfriend (the one with bankruptcy situation) re: her retirement benefits, and called company for her
— cooked supper, s/s kitchen
— talked to dmom

I just can’t seem to get anything done around here, as far as cleaning is concerned. People coming over for my bday next week... I don’t know when if ever I’ll get even the WHB done!

Baby gift? I told y’all my family always includes me when $$$ is involved. The shower is for my first-cousin-once-removed’s step-son’s baby. Dmom did not get an invitation (since she is not in FB!) and although we KNOW it is acceptable and probably expected that I invite her, she said she was just fine to sit this one out. LOL. Ddil and I will go and take dgrands. I’ll enjoy time with my cousins, but I have never even met the parents of this child! Probably did not spend “enough” on the gift either, but under the circumstances...
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:20 pm

Dee and Sunny, are we talking about the same medicine... DH takes Metoprol Tar. Seems like it's spelled differently than you both have been saying.

Dee I hope the med change fixes your heart problem and your tiredness and lack of sleep. If I'm low on sleep I am tired through the next day..

(Elizabeth) sure hope they get the insurance fixed to your good...

Our friend came by and a few more hours work fixed his trailer problems. He stayed again for dinner, said he wasn't hungry much because he'd eaten before he came... but for somebody not hungry he sure packed away a bunch of food! I just heated up all the leftovers and that's what we ate. No way could I start in cooking again...because...

I washed DH's truck today. 10' high 27-28 feet long including the bumper and covered with some sort of black stuff he thinks was mold but I know it was mixed with dirt and possibly algae... and it wasn't the kind of dirt that just wipes or rinses off either. I scrubbed with a brush on the end of a 10' pole, hosed, over and over and over.... and it is white again finally. DH says the roof is black also but I couldn't do that myself and he says he will if I will hold the ladder.

My arms and back are so sore I can hardly move. My feet are cramping up. I took a quick shower while food was heating because I was soaked and filthy. Took an otc pain pill..waiting for that to kick in...

Blessed, funny funny post..what does it smell like..

LadyM sorry for so much dental work at once. Was your DSon's tooth root from a baby tooth or a permanent one? DH has his last dental appointment next week, so they say.

Going off to bed. It's been a long day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:36 am

Elizabeth, that stinks, and sounds like it will not be the end of the situation. You stick to your guns that you were hit twice from the rear. That's just WAY too obvious that it can't be your responsibility. I wonder if a really good body shop person could show that you were hit twice, especially since the type of car behind you is known, so they know the exact shape that hit. Of course, I assume you were hit in a bumper and could be the kind of bumper expected not to show much.

Sunny, I liked reading about your routines in your new place.

Unnecessary complaining:
I still did not shower this evening. I can't - there's been no time. So I may be ripe. :roll: I had to nap or fall down, then I had to go get prescriptions, which entailed coming back later for one. Then I had to go to grocery if for no other reason than we would run out of toilet tissue, but also for other things, since some things were expiring, etc., here.

Tobias did not clean out the fridge at all. Such a slacker. Thankfully pharmacy 1 is 24-hour and dd helped with groceries.

HRH is feeling just well enough to call the rest of the family and run my life. :| He has recruited ds to drive me tomorrow evening to dd's gallery show reception. I was totally against making one of the boys do this. They have lives full of tiring work themselves. But HRH is frantic that I might have a car break down, or some other situation in the dark while leaving, and dd will be overwhelmed with responsibility and on the clock.

Ds is now saying he meant to go to the reception himself anyway. :| Yes, and there's a bridge for sale in San Francisco.

And this weighing on my mind while I can't even seem to find time to shower. I would put in a smiley face here but... .. not feelin' it.

Dear kind pharmacist says it takes 5 days for a caregiver ( ! ) to return to normal from a hospital stay. (She has decided I'm a caregiver! Don't tell HRH! ) Anyway, she says she has read this little factoid, plus it aligns with her experience and what she hears from customers.

Return to “Post When You Can”