Make the Most out of Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Make the Most out of Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:03 am

Away we go, the start of a new week!

Make the most out of enjoying the weekend's memories.

Make the most out of getting week off to a good start.

Make the most out of making healthy choices, so a burst of energy today will carry on into the week.

Make the most out of building in pauses to reflect on what makes you feel happy or competent.

Make the most out of today's opportunities.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Make the Most out of Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:12 am

I'm up and dressed.

It is a low dose day for the meds to see if I can stay focused. I fully expect after such a full 3 days, even if I took 2 pills, I'd still be pretty unproductive today. So why waste a pill?

I tried having the pills by my bed (the bottle was in the room because I was refilling from the stock in the safe) and was up to the bathroom at 6:30 but crawled back into bed and didn't take the pill until 7:20.

The only difference to having them in the kitchen is I take the pill, have tea and chocolate, then, maybe, get dressed. Since I was still in the bedroom and it wasn't a shower day, I got dressed while listening to the radio then came into the kitchen for tea and chocolate.

While the kettle was boiling, I got my senior friend's newsletter ready to mail, and while the tea was steeping, I went downstairs to mail it so it will be our first one in the mail. Dh worked on what looks like all of them yesterday. If not all, at least 80%, leaving me a very manageable number to do this morning. With any luck, I'll get those and the non-Canadian cards finished today and will take them over to the post office. If I mail the the Intl & US ones at the post office when I buy the stamps, I save the 13% tax on the stamps. Just 5 more years until I can go back to mailing those from upstate NY and save even more money (US international postage is must cheaper and much quicker than here so it is worth a border run.)

Mainly, today's focus is housework. The apartment needs a good vacuum and dust, and the floors desperately need mopping. Dh is out for breakfast mid-morning with a neighbour so I'll get the vacuuming done while he's gone (and off the phone, he has 3 calls this morning.)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:35 am

I'm still sitting here. Haven't moved from my seat except to refill my tea and grab two Lindt chocolates. (Cathy: I was at the chicken coop on Friday for the Festive Special!)

I have read the whole paper, though. On the weekend I managed to get Quicken updated and that reminded me I'm paying $7 a month for a subscription to the paper. It is easy to read on my new computer if my computer is at the table because I can swipe my way through the paper quickly. But I tend to keep my computer at my work desk so haven't read it for about a month.

Dh will be off the phone soon so I should get moving. First up, put fresh sheets on the bed and line up the laundry baskets for the day. At least three loads to do.

Then breakfast.

Then I'll do vacuuming and dusting while still feeding the machines.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:54 am

Kathryn - WOW! You are a rock star at being a productive, organized, motivated, inspiring person today. YGG!

My day started with me turning the alarm off. EEEK! I woke the kids up 25 minutes later than normal so we all had to double-time it. DGD8 and I quickly got dressed and I wanted to burst into tears with happiness when I walked out of the bathroom to find DS11 making DGD8 breakfast. ANYway, I got DGD8 to school just before the bell rang so she wasn't tardy.

I have the first dozen homeschool assignments set up for DS11 to work on by himself. He has worked on them for 45 minutes and is now taking a 15-minute break.

DH goes to the doctor this morning for a check-up on the kidney stone status.

I've made one pass through the SHE cards for today and marked the ones I have done (24). I still have another 54 or so waiting for some time/focus.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:00 am

Thinking of CathyS today as she goes to the cancer hospital appointment.

LucyLee - I am so happy for your family trip to the ball game and Disney World! You are making life long memories. YGG!

People in my IRL world are super excited about our state college football. Since football isn't my thing, I just cheer when appropriate and ignore the rest. There was a huge rush to buy hats and shirts this weekend. Something about 5th time winning big 12? I'm too clueless to know or care. I just try my best to not be a wet rag during their excitement. I have blocked off Dec 28th on the calendar to ensure DH can watch the games.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:52 am

I need to figure out today, and the week. Being away meant that, even though we got home in the afternoon yesterday, I didn't do any planning for today or for the week. I didn't even get my journal out last night.

While just getting started, here, M came by to walk with R uby so Muffin and I went. I did several laps so now have half my steps for today in. We caught up on all the neighborhood news... :D
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:55 am

I am praying for Cathy too!
praying very hard.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:59 am

happy planning d twins
happy full of energy d kathryn (go girl go)
happy day to you d lady and yay on getting to school before the bell! praying for your dh
happy day to all of you!!!!

we have a vet appointment for d kitten this afternoon.
It's weird not having dd younger here any more. it was a very nice time!
it was great getting the tree with both girls - always fun. I didn't have cookies made or christmas music on but it is okay. We didn't put lights on it or ornaments but I am hopping to do a half hour each day.

today is supposed to be Home blessing.

wishing you all blessings during your day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:55 pm

so far:
animal food prep for today and tomorrow am
meds as well
flip flopped laundry
folded towels
took dog out again
picked up dog stuff and cat stuff
cleaned out kitten litter box
ordered a few last minute presents

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:57 pm

This post is mainly for LucyLee but Harmony might want to chime in.
We will be on a tight schedule -- some of you may be able to help me here -- (Dee?) --
Has anyone been to the new Toy Story Land thing in the Disney Hollywood theme park? Our plan looks like this:
Monday, we will arrive sometime mid-afternoon and have till 9:00 pm (8:00 pm, our time) at Epcot...
This is probably a good plan for Monday. We have not seen the Toy Story part though. As much as you can you should be able to book 'fast passes' ahead online.
Tuesday, we have all day long, till 1:00 a.m. (midnight our time) for the Magic Kingdom...and Wednesday, New Year's Day, we will be going to the ballgame in Tampa, then back to Disney to do what we can at the Hollywood park. We will only have a few hours there, because the ballgame will not be over till 4:00 pm, by dh's estimate, and they will close at 8:00 pm (our time).
I've already bought tickets, 3 days, 3 parks, and have not added the Park Hopper option, but apparently I would be able to do that upon arrival, based on what I'm reading in the ticket confirmation I just received. I'm thinking I might need to do that and split Tuesday between the two parks? But then, ugh... the third days seems a total waste of time, LOL... to go all the way back there for just a few hours, if we had already seen it the day before?
Not sure how valuable your time will be at HS after the game. You'd have to figure at least 2 1/2 to 3 hours from the stadium to Hollywood Studios. It's going to take a while to get out of Tampa & if I-4 is tied up like it usually is then it could take any amount of time to get there. Park hoppers we've found were not worth our time -especially with limited. But maybe on Tuesday from MK to Hollywood Studios? Not sure I'd try to go back there after the football game, but that certainly is your call and maybe Harmony will have a different take on it. At least as far as traffic goes.

I guess the best thing to do would be to get the Fast Passes for Hollywood, and put ourselves on a stricter agenda there than we would have to have the day before.

LOL -- dh is just concerned about being able to "hold up" for the trip. I am sooo glad it worked out to do this now. Who knows how long his health will be strong enough to do a big trip like this... and oh my goodness... dgd is sooo excited! And if it's possible, ddil is more excited than she is! (DGS, of course, never registers big emotions, but he says he is excited. And not disappointed that he won't get to visit the oldest European settlement in North America.)
Sure you'll get it all ironed out before you go. And Fast Passes as much as you can. Regardless of what your plan ends up being you will love it. Do know that you're going the busiest time of the year and lines will most probably be long. If your dh is too concerned about being able to make it through each day, you might want to consider renting a wheel chair or a motorized cart? Or would he not 'go' for that. It used to be $12/day for a wheelchair but it's been at least a couple of years since we've gone. Sure hope I haven't added any anxiety, LucyLee.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”