Thoughtful Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Thoughtful Thursday PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:27 pm

Thanks, Kathryn & LucyLee -I'll pass on those suggestions to dd.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:55 pm

East fence line is done raking leaves next to what I could reach any way
in the back yard, and some in the front yard yea for progress!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:32 pm

I checked in with vet on Muffin. Ds had reported that he thought she had a slight limp and I agree, almost imperceptible. We are increasing her meds for a few days to see if she seems to feel better, before we stress her out by a trip to the vet and probing for anything else.

Thinking of Harmony and sister Sunny (J&C comments) today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:30 pm

I did get dressed and then went for a walk, about a mile. It was probably a bad idea but in the woods next to us it was beautiful. Unfortunately, the wind swirls around the buildings and I couldn't find a breeze free way home (leaving my back was to the wind so I circled right around the building and came home from the other direction, to no avail.)

I then rested for a bit, the dh and I watched The Terminal (with Tom Hanks, old movie we've never seen) and then a Grace and Frankie while we ate. Dinner is cleaned up but I'm exhausted and ready to turn in for the night. Unfortunately, I need my phone to charge some before I can do so. So I'm having a cup of decaf tea to try and keep from coughing too much.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:38 pm

Thank you everybody for kind thoughts.

You know, we plan and we plan and we figure stuff out ahead of time, but sometimes you just cannot foresee all the stuff that might happen. I could write a book about what things are wrong down at that hospital, but you'd need another whole page. I've been in hospitals before where the staff from the top down is very concerned and conciliatory toward everybody including family and friends visiting. In a nut shell, this hospital is not one of those.

It was so cold there that I was uncomfortable for 12 hours... and the way they do things did not give me liberty to go off and do anything about it like buy a blanket, sweatshirts, etc. etc. The cold was so bad my shoulder ached really badly and I had to take pain killers just to be able to sit there. DH's room, when he finally got there about 10 hours later, (they had no rooms available) was so tiny there was either room for an end table or a chair, not both to be usable. He has no phone in his room either though his roommate has one. I couldn't leave his cell because he's unable to manage it... no electric plug to recharge his hearing aides so I brought them home...

Cafeteria was hard to find with no signs right at the door... and couldn't find where they had dishes for the salads (in the cubby underneath) so I was criticized for putting both types of food hot and cold in the same tray...

When I was just about an icicle and leaving in frustration, they had either scrubbed carpeting in the hallways on the 2 floors I used or something and had huge floor fans set up blowing the cold air around right on anybody walking by.

It was a very trying day. I have a bunch of things I brought home to sort out. Too many to mention. And I'm super tired so I better get to it.

Dee, I 2nd Cats idea about the laundry baskets. Course, I'd probably have been using a laundromat all this time, even though that's inconvenient.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:05 pm

I got leaves out of another bed, and put boards up to contain leaves to compost in the plant cage. Then grilled burgers and veggie pouches
for our dinner, while that cooked I did a bit more clean up so glad for that progress I thought it was going to be more of a job than it was.
Got dishes done, and folded laundry.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:14 am

(((((0H, DHARMONY!!!)))))

I'm up with a low BS -72-. So am having a bit of chocolate and obviously peering in here.

I knew there was a large laundry basket filled with junk/odds & ends sitting in the laundry room sink. I had dh bring that to the dining room. Went through it and discarded most of it. I used that for all of dsonil's clothes. There were towels & washcloths in there too which I put in another box and when I went to bed they were all sitting on the table. Where they go from there is anyone's guess. Hopefully dd will take them into their bedroom tonight. But if not, they'll still be there at dinner time on Friday & I KNOW they'll move then. :lol: Dh also put up a 5-hole hanger in the laundry room where dsonil can hang his work uniforms. So we'll see if he will.

Dh and I have hair appointments at 11 on Friday -him for a cut & me a perm -finally. Called yesterday to make sure we were on for today.

Keeping Harmony & Sunny in my thoughts & prayers as I head back to bed. Niters......
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:32 am

Oh, (((Harmony))) — that is just awful. Hope Dh is released SOON!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”