Saturday Season-ing IV

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Saturday Season-ing IV

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:41 pm

d twins
It's nice to almost feel I'm going out.
love it!!!

d cathy
most growers have lock boxes and they trust that you will pay.
that's so cool

good palm sunday to you d lynlee!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:45 pm

dishes emptied
a few put in there
sink clean
counters cleaned
the chicken was a small one but its gone i am shocked! i still have french beans left for tomorrow.
i still need to sweep the kitchen again

take care
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:47 pm

Managing another day here... lazy lazy all morning, napped and watched The Lone Ranger.
DGS is here with us now; we went out for (drive-thru) hamburgers at Krystal, and then I went into Dunkin Donuts for ice cream and donuts. Listening to the Opry now.
DGD is sick -- but we truly suspect only a sinus/ear infection. She is running fever, and has had runny nose for a long while -- but no breathing difficulty, no coughing to mention. Remember, last weekend, she had one day with some fever. The next day, none, so they never called the doctor. I just think all that sinus crud has turned into an infection, and if it remains till Monday, I know ddil will call the doctor.

DS thinks he may have some work ahead, doing some recording. Good, might provide good exposure for their group, BUT... it won't pay. And the grocery store DOES pay. :roll: So, I know I'm borrowing trouble, but I'm already worried about how this can all be worked out so the grocery store doesn't let him go before the music business picks up again.

I just have NOTHING else to tell. I admire all y'all with your gardens and all your accomplishments. Just not much happening here...

Except -- I did make myself a mask. First used a scarf & the ponytail holders like some of you mentioned. Worked great, looked beautiful :lol: BUT then I realized the scarf wasn't machine washable. So that was out.
Then I remembered the shirt that I ruined with too much spot remover. So I cut the sleeves off of it and did the same with them. DGS said, "I like your creativity."
It sorta sounded like when the teacher tells a student her drawing is "very interesting..." * sigh *
I didn't wear it out today, and saw no one anywhere with one on -- but tomorrow at Wmart, I'm not going to be the only one in there without one. Don't want people giving me dirty looks. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:54 pm

So I cut the sleeves off of it and did the same with them. DGS said, "I like your creativity."
It sorta sounded like when the teacher tells a student her drawing is "very interesting..." * sigh *

That made me laugh, Lucylee!

I don't have pretty material except my wax prints. Oooh, and a baby wrap carrier from Tanzania that I'll never use. That will have yards and yards of material! I wonder what dh would think. I'll see if I have a big enough scrap of the other material to start with. I was going to sew but was getting paralyzed and then saw the bandana one. I'm not sure I have pony tail holders like that though.

Off to bed now. Late and not much except the shopping managed today. We all got another Emergency Alert telling us to go inside and not come out except for medical appointments, essential groceries and pharmacies. No mention of being able to go for a walk. I predict privilege will be gone within a week or two unless our graph flattens within that time period.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:58 pm

Kathryn... you can always use rubber bands... I save mine that come off of my asparagus... instead of pony holders.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:01 pm

I've seen some say wearing mask hurts ears so they sew buttons on headbands and hook the mask to the button.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”