Sunday Sabbath PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Sunday Sabbath PWYC

Postby Sunny » Sun May 31, 2020 5:29 pm

Hi everyone! I decided to look now in while I had time. It is a really nice day here, sunny and 72*.

(((Dee))).

(((Kathryn))).

(((Harmony))).

(((Cathy))).

I was up in time to see church online t 9 a.m. A little after 10 dson and ddil went out somewhere. Ate my breakfast - cereal and coffee. I started to putter around a bit doing little things. I changed the water and cut the stems of the cut lilies in the vase on the front porch; there are still a couple of blooms ready to open so I didn't want to discard them all. I wiped the fronts of the ovens and fridge and washed the windows in the den and breakfast room. I got the trash and recycling out to the big bins and the floor swept.

Dgrson left for work at 11:30; ddil called about 15 minutes ago asking if I could move my car from the driveway to the parking pad of the neighbor's next door. It seems that dgrson was just about at work when the front right axle of his truck broke. She sent me a picture; the whole wheel assembly is lying flat on the ground! Anyway, they called a tow truck and wanted the driveway free, so I moved the car and talked to the man next door. Oh, here they are now...

So this sat here since 1:15 p.m. when dson and ddil came home. Shortly after them the tow truck pulled in. They managed to get the wheel and joint together enough to get the truck on and off the flatbed back into the driveway. When they got home ddil told me that her dmom texted her just as they pulled into the neighborhood that her dmom's brother just passed away. I did post about him yesterday in J & C. We all just sat around for a little while talking while we had left over pizza and donuts for lunch. Dson has gone to the auto parts store to get what he needs to fix the truck and ddil and her dmom have gone to her dbrother's apartment here in the neighborhood to bring back his important papers and whatever valuable stuff he had.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun May 31, 2020 5:50 pm

(Sunny) so sorry for all this happening. A truck broken down, a relative passed on. So much stuff at once, there just aren't words.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 31, 2020 6:54 pm

(((Sunny and family)))) How is your DGSon handling this? Did he get hurt when the axle broke? it sounds like a scary thing for anyone to experience but especially a young driver. I'm sorry your DSon DMIL lost her brother. (((Hugs to those hurting and grieving))))

The instant pot ribs experiment was a total success. Everyone voted double thumbs up.

Meeting with the new preacher went very smoothly. I think we all were in agreement on every subject discussed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 31, 2020 7:45 pm

The "husband" in this case has been charged with 1st Degree Murder. She and another of dh/dd's crew were both on the same hockey team & one of the responding officers was the captain of their team. Said it was pretty awful & that this 'guy' had emptied his magazine. So, all the more reason for dd to share what she has as evidence -also has a picture of him waving the gun.

Yes, hugs to all of you needing them today.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun May 31, 2020 8:39 pm

(((Dee's DD))) on death of her friend. Escape sometimes needs to be far beyond a friend's house. I think.

That said I have the same thoughts and regrets, though not as a result of a murder.
- a friend asked to stay overnight. Overweight, disabled w ? chronic fatigue? and whatever. Allowing someone to stay can be more open ended than we think, and my spare room had not been cleaned for a long while.
She never spoke to me again, cut me out of her life as she did many other friends who cared.
She died. In time. A funeral with many regrets of many. At the funeral I saw her former lives, knowing she was an abused and rescued toddler once.
My why didn't I push my way back in there thoughts go nowhere. I can only hope and believe her old life is done now.

Another day, another month, there are possibilities here.
Started a chart? page with tiny hearts to apply when a basic job is done.
Look the way , focus follows, action will take me places.

to eat. breakfast is cooked today. my olde seed, dried fruit and nut, with ginger, cereal ready to dispatch.

Praying for peace, everywhere, living in harmony with all.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 31, 2020 9:36 pm

Thank you all for the happy thoughts for me. It was a quiet day. I got home yesterday afternoon. I missed my church service to watch for the second week in a row. Just too much to think about. I had called ds thinking we could have a quick conversation and instead it went on too long as we processed. I may go back and try to find the recorded service later.

Along with Kathryn, I saw 3 o'clock a.m. come and go. Dd and I stayed up until 2 so that she could talk out and process much. Then HRH seemed to toss and turn a lot. I'm sure it was also because I napped too long after arriving home yesterday. I had felt sleepy on the road and so decided to nap right away.

You will know when I got home because as I pulled into the driveway dd21 came out waving for me to rush inside. HRH was calling out "you have 18 seconds!" as I came through the door. He had called all the grands and insisted that we watch the liftoff "together". That was very educational and interesting.

Dd had done some touch-up painting while I was gone, finishing that wall project. She'd also built a rolling cart for our pantry-style under-counter storage, which was my present. HRH bought me a 6-inch old-fashioned sewing machine matched in size to some chairs I display. They look cute together.

Ds' children brought over foamy do-it-yourself pump-soap they say makes hand-washing more interesting - sign of the times.

But dd40 had sent home with me the most coveted present : a canister of Lysol wipes. Dd21 was thrilled.

I just got off the phone with DCousinMary, which was good for me as always. She had honestly forgotten it was my birthday, which was quite nice. lol

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 31, 2020 10:19 pm

Why does it show "Lucylee and 1 guest" at the bottom of the MO page? Hmmmm....
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 31, 2020 10:54 pm

Lucylee, could be bots or more likely, someone reading without signing in. For a moment my phone wasn't signed in as I loaded up the page. Remember, Nancy can't sign in, we've never solved her problem.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun May 31, 2020 11:09 pm

Thank you Harmony. And thank you Lady M. Dgrson was not hurt, though I'm sure he was very shook up when it happened. He seems ok now. He knew something was wrong because of the way it was driving and making noise so he had called dson and was talking with him. He had made it to the parking lot at his store when the axle broke. The speed limit on this section of road is 35 mph because it is all businesses, restaurants and shopping centers. Had he been off work today he probably would have gone to see his dgfriend and been traveling on I95 at the time. The outcome would have been a lot different.

We had heard about all the protests happening; ddil heard rumors that this weekend our area was to experience this. When she and her dmom went out to her dmom's brothers' apartment and when dson went out to the auto parts store I looked up the traffic cameras near us. There is a couple of cameras at the intersection right outside our neighborhood and I watched as a large group of people got out of their trucks and vans, crossed over the median barrier and proceeded to block the roadway, which is the overpass over I95. Dgrson said there was also another large group of people marching through the shopping center where he works. He called home and said for his dad to come early to pick him up, that the swat teams had been called in and was closing down the shopping center and sending everyone home early. They were going to barricade most of the bigger stores in the shopping center to try to stop break ins. Ddil said that the protesters were supposed to be down by the Courthouse tomorrow. I'm wondering what else can happen next!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 31, 2020 11:33 pm

I thought maybe a bot -- when I have been unable to sign in, I've not been able to read certain pages, like MO.

Anyway -- I feel like I've been out of the loop here lately. DGD Friday night, DGS Saturday night, busy day today getting groceries, etc.
DH hasn't felt well (but has taken a nap and then rode the exercise bike for 15 minutes and reports he feels better now.)
He suspects he has pleurisy again and is CONSIDERING seeing the family doctor this week. So... we shall see...

Made some adjustments to my daily checklist... updated calendars... (ha! Not much to write, aside from ddil's school schedule.)

Just watching the news. * sigh *

Hope you all feel safe and secure in your homes tonight and have a good week ahead. Difficult days for our country here...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”