Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:38 pm

I certainly hope masks are not required for our elementary age students -- dgs will have a fit if he is told he has to wear one. (He will probably just beg his dparents to put him on the online option at that point, and then You Know Who will be "homeschooling" him. DDIL says dgd won't mind wearing one, if she is asked to.)

I haven't accomplished much today, but...
* s2s, morning routine
* the laundry is almost done (dh's last load in the washer now. It takes a while to fold it because it is basically all the underwear he owns. He folds, very precisely, and I just have to help him put away.)
* I've talked to dmom on the phone and
* called/left message with dfriend whom I try to stay in touch with, but haven't talked to since Mother's Day (she is the mother of my dfriend who left her family)
* called and confirmed dentist appt Wednesday * ugh * I HATE to go to the dentist.
* dgs has been here since 11:00 a.m. and will likely be spending the night
* paid phone bill

Waving to all!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:59 pm

I got the kit. & dining room swept and the living room pupa done.
Watching a u pay to pick blueberry vid on u tube.
Sipping diet soda as my reward.
Wrote an e-mail to my dsis.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:02 pm

Yay!! Both banks we deal with are open!! I was able to get complete statements from both of them for all accounts. It's good to know where we stand. Apparently a LOT of "seniors" have been asking for printouts today from both banks for the same reason. None of us do online banking. As of today, all bills are paid fully.

Dh really wants to go swimming at a local public pool. As of today we can book a 45 minute time slot and PAY ONLINE. It's less than $2 for seniors. That's a little bit silly. Dh and I have discussed having some sort of above ground pool here by this time next year. "Just something we can get into and get wet." as dh says. I think I will look for a large plastic "baby" pool. LOL!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:59 pm

Hi everyone! This has definitely NOT been a good holiday weekend! It is about 90 degrees in my house because I have a swamp cooler leak. There is ceiling damage that I reported to insurance company. There are supposed to be links to contractors on the insurance page, but I cannot find them. I have emailed and called my agent twice to get references but no callback yet. My grandmother in Georgia had no AC or central heat in her 8 bedroom house and we survived all the summer visits, so I am ok. I ate out twice this weekend simply because the kitchen is the hottest room in my house. I had Friday off, but what is the point if you can't do anything? I would LOVE to go to a pool and just sit in it. I think even the cats might join me, it is that hot.

Things I got done: car cleanout, bills and budget, made tool cabinet in kitchen more usable, progress on UFO. Despite the heat, I registered for dance class this week. At payroll, I have just completed the month end tasks. I also wrote a synopsis and links to the documentation on our team site. DD18 gets her wisdom teeth out the 13th.

The Chief Troublemaker for the animal org is back again. This time, he has enlisted the aid of a local celebrity. Her letter contains some of his favorite phrases. She ends with an offer to serve on our board IF we invite Chief Troublemaker to take over our program. Um ... nope.

Tonight, I have dinner at xBFF's and will see a mutual friend who is visiting her. She has not mentioned that the x and the other woman are coming, so I assume they are not. When her boyfriend of 3 years dumped her and was seen immediately with another woman and at their singles group, I asked her if she could now understand why my x is not part of my social life. I think she MAY finally get it, but I am not entirely certain, because she sees the adulterers as Romeo and Juliet types whose families (those pesky spouses and children) tried to keep them apart. Whatever happens, I can behave with class.

Dance time, gotta go!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:32 pm

Finally finished the furniture polishing. I then reworked the time estimate from 20 minutes to 40. That probably isn't enough either but is closer.

The laundry is all finished and put away except for the items on the drying rack although they are probably dry now.

I have also dusted the bedrooms. So that's 2 chores done. The kitchen has been cleaned up (dh cooked, my turn to clean) and the dishwasher is running.

So there's been progress, just not enough for the day.

In 30 minutes, dh and I will go for a walk.

Dsil and I talked and made up a plan for tomorrow's strawberry picking. Due to the heat/humidity (that's coming, right now it is just hot) we were heading out around 7:30 (which means I'm leaving here by 7 at the latest, preferably 6:45.) I asked if he had called for the picking conditions and got a text a few minutes later moving it to Wednesday since tomorrow the farm is closed!

So I need to focus tomorrow on finishing up most if not all of the WHB and zone work. Some of it lends itself well to having a movie on in the background so I will try and pick something brain dead but entertaining to watch.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:41 pm

Elizabeth...
I feel for you and hope that you get your swamp cooler fixed before next weekend. The temps are suppose to reach 116* here at the desert by Sat and Sunday and I’m sure it will follow to you.

Btw, you might want to explains how a swamp cooler works for those who are wondering here in the village. I would try to do it, but you are much better with this kind of science stuff :D

When the temps reached record highs in April, something that usually doesn’t occur, I thought this might be a record high temp summer. The record is 31 days with temps over 110* within a year and I think we are already at 16... and you can add at least 7 more by next Monday.. we’re at 111 today. T-112, W-111, Th-112, F-112, Sa- 115, S-116

I’d take below freezing temp any day. And I’m stuck here too with no where to go to get out of the heat. I had a 2-3 week vacation planned for Aug at the beach but that’s not gonna happen. Can’t fly at the moment and many states won’t let me in anyway.

Elizabeth you do have some great places to camp in NM where you can get out of the heat. No need to head this way because even the Grand Caynon is experiencing 110*+ temps... on the other hand you can always head to your camper and crank up the ac without even leaving your property.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:17 pm

Dh and I went for a walk. It is still mid-80s but dry so quite a nice temp.

I've opened every window in the apartment because it will drop to the high 60's tonight and I need to air it out. Even through my mask, I could smell the furniture polish when I came in. I remembered that is why I don't polish the furniture much any more.

I have to do my psych study report and then I'm heading to bed. Dh is already there.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:27 pm

Had dinner.
Dug out two sm. walnut trees in the garden.
The dog made me get outside rolling my eyes.
I was looking for a sketch book and cover then remembered I had one of each in my book case did a couple pages.
Feels like post holiday let down. Sigh.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:18 pm

Sorry you had a tough morning, Ramblin'.

Have LadyM's family on my mind.

I found some great lectures today and took notes. Post-its. I was unprepared. :oops:

Tied up the tomatoes with strips from a gray-green old tee shirt dd21 didn't want any more. At first I resisted but then saw that it was from a restaurant that has a pirate's theme and their logo was skull and crossbones. She said, really, don't want it, so we cut it up. Nice soft tee material and it holds the vines well, mimics the color of the fence and greenery both. We used to do this with knit pantyhose for soft stretch - anyone else remember that?

Had more tomato thoughts for Lynlee's thread.

Speaking of tees, dd40 sent a lot of dsonil's tees to a place that makes tee-shirt quilts and is really looking forward to getting those back.

Dd40 sent a photo of all the staining she's been doing on her deck. I think she's been sweltering getting that done but it's quite attractive.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:18 pm

Sorry for Elizabeth's swamp cooler problems. I don't actually know how they work. I do know in humid states like ours, the main function of our A/C is to remove humidity from our air. People who go away and don't run their a/c much install a humidistat which will turn on their A/C if it's not hot enough to trip it to come on and their humidity is rising too high in their house. Outside cafe's often have fans with tiny misters going which really does help one feel cooler. But that's outside. If the humidity gets too high in the house we begin to get spots of mold on things. Yuck. Yes, sleep with your cats in the camper with the a/c going.

Harriet, sure remember using my pantyhose cut up to tie up the tomatoes. Never used string, it would cut through the stems as they grew.

Much news tonight about the development - or not - of a vaccine and herd immunity etc. etc. with speakers on both sides of the issue. Too many facts we just do not know. Getting frustrated. Has something to do with the way the virus is progressing (mutating? and the spiking numbers) and how so many more people are recovering. I'm positive now medicine is not an exact science.

I just puttered around the rest of the day, a computer project, brought laundry in to fold, made dinner, cleaned up... Just normal everyday living so as not to evolve into a mess around here...keeps me a little busy most days. I did get a nice walk in while a breeze was going and we did get some rain (too short) later.

Return to “Post When You Can”