Ta...DA-DA! Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Ta...DA-DA! Tuesday

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:26 pm

Back from my checkup and everything is great. Even though my eye is still slightly dilated I can see 20/20. The reading part of the bi-focal is still blurry, but after testing my ability to read text, my doctor assured me the reading part will come. My eye is still slightly blurry but getting better all the time.

I asked about my weight training since my post-op sheet says not to lift anything over 10 lbs, he told me by this weekend I can start lifting again as long as I do light weights. He works out as well and knows my routines.

AZ is finally out of the red with numbers going down so I am going to contact Jason, my trainer, and let him know I want to start back with him in two weeks.

Dee...I only have two eye drops to use twice a day. I can also use OTC drops if my eye feels dry.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:03 pm

Think your sight is better than mine already, RR. I have one more day for these 2 meds at 4x a day. Then it will be 2x a day for each for the next week. Are you on a prednisone drop? I'm not sure if I have to do any after next Wednesday.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:11 pm

Hello. Don't have too many ta-da's today, some but different. I got dailies done first thing. Then extra pickup around and finally got all that cleaning/dusting in master bedroom. I put a turkey breast in the crockpot for dinner. I just took all the juice out and put that in refrigerator so I can skim off the fat before I make gravy.

Our friend came today to help with the fluorescent light in the shop. Up 10' in the air, and not working, and not an easy job. We had bought some extra ballasts but apparently they were the wrong strength and didn't work. He had another light so took down the old and installed this one. For the first time in a couple years this light works! He did this for us because we did all that welding on his truck, including buying him more steel for his framework. It was a good bargain for us.

He is coming back Thursday to put up our fan which we've been trying to replace for 6 months! We'll pay him for this... and he really needs the job because he's no longer working at our church.

Subs for lunch, glad I had a big one in our refrigerator. He loves to talk, so we sat there chatting for a couple hours before he left. We were not sitting close and out in the shop we were not close either. He had been tested a while back.

While I was out there so I could help, I cleaned off a set of shelves and wiped them down. Looks better there now. We just had a storm come through, nice to have rain.

RRose, glad to hear your eye is doing so well.
Going to go see about the rest of dinner.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:42 pm

Home from the city. The pediatrician said the kids have a virus and didn't give any antibodies since the strep test came back negative. The doc recommended that we get tested for covid so we did that. I had no clue it would be so simple.

I called the health dept from the pediatrician parking lot. They gave me an appointment for 30 minutes later. The drive was only about a mile away so we arrived there within 10 minutes. We parked in a parking lot in front of a number sign and called the phone number shown. A military person came to our vehicle and did the test. We rolled our vehicle windows down and he stood next to our window while doing the test. i signed myself up to be tested since I've been around the kids. I was really dreading having the swab stuck up my nose into the sinus area and was mentally talking myself into being strong and brave. The test was nothing like I expected! The person giving the test said they changed it from the way it used to be. The swab only went about an inch into both sides of the nose. It didn't hurt a bit and my eyes didn't even water. After I had the test then the kids did Rock-paper-scissors to see who would go next (DD9 lost). I was so proud of the kids for being brave and doing it without a battle. ***Big sigh of relief** full disclosure.....I did bribe the kids before the test by promising them a treat if they were brave. The tests were free. The bribe wasnt' free but well worth it IMHO.

12 SHE cards completed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:34 pm

I need a break from screens after doing my self imposed "lesson" to lean the chrome book better.
Good call I had wbat the on li e store did not have for dgd's school shopping list two items I had on hand saved the day yea!
Dgd is here this evening.
We got a walk in.

Return to “Post When You Can”