Suddenly Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Suddenly Sunday

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:37 pm

LadyM....
You hit the nail on the head with your comments and Harmony’s concerns are valid as well. I could be making a pile of money offering my services to those students who are at home and working online while their parents are at work. No way Jose! Way too many problems with parents and teachers expectations not to mention dealing with kids working from home

I really feel for the kids. I’m glad at least there they are able to go to school two days a week.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:07 pm

Good evening! I stayed home from church this morning. There were just too many people last week for my liking. I watched a livestream from a church where a friend's cousin is the pastor, I think. Or maybe he used to be the pastor and isn't there any more; at any rate, this guy was a good preacher. That parish is going to have its first in-person Masses next week, but they're still going to continue the livestream. My parish has been posting Sunday Mass online, but they've been inconsistent as to which Mass they've posted (and, therefore, when they've been able to post it). It generally is not up there before Sunday afternoon (they post a recording, not a livestream), and it's on FB, so I have just not been dealing with it. DH brought home Communion for me, bless him.

Other than that, spent some time working with DC on their room, joined DH & his sibs in their weekly Zoom call, and listened to the Indians ballgame. We won -- now we get to host the Yankees on Tuesday, the same night Trump and Biden are debating here. Thankfully, the stadium and the debate site are nowhere near each other, although they may be on the same street -- I'm not sure where in the Cleveland Clinic complex the debate is being held, but Carnegie Avenue runs past both Progressive Field and the Cleveland Clinic. But, of course, there won't be any spectators at the ballgame. Anyhow, since the baseball game ended, it's been a slow evening, but I think I am headed off to bed, and I hope to see you tomorrow.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:40 pm

Had a good day, I think.

We went over to see the grands and ate our lunch with them. After, we played for a bit, then I tried to put dgd down for her nap (no dice) but she was 'out' in under 5 minutes of nursing with mom and I stayed in the room while that happened because that's what she had asked.

Then I played with dgs for a bit (while I was upstairs, dh did a craft with him, making a tree and having dgs glue on paper leaves) and then we went outside to play. We gathered leaves and I brought most home with me but the smaller ones we glued onto the tree that dh had done with him. While outside he mentioned his teacher a couple of times and talked about how she did a painting out of leaves. He won't answer questions about school so that's why I wanted some unstructured time with him to talk.

Dd is frustrated with it because there's so much screen time for school and activities for home that are suggested as also all screen based. Dd has tried to make up non-screen learning materials covering the same themes (such as ordering the days of the week) but dgs doesn't want to play with those, he wants to play on the computer. He's not 4 yet and already he's losing his love of manipulating things to learn. I can see the difference just 6 days of school have had on his learning style.

I visited a bit online with his Nonna while he had his snack and then my timer went off. It was to tell us to go home so dgs could have some quiet time (I didn't know there was a snack time scheduled as well in his day.) He was attending an online birthday party at 3:30 and I thought some time on his own might be good since they had done a hike in the morning.

Once home, I worked on music a bit with dh and then cooked a very nice dinner. Caramelized apples and onion smothered pork chops, baked potatoes, salad and apple crisp for dessert. Then dh and I had a good walk ending up at the store where I picked up some of the ingredients for dgs' cake next week. He asked for carrot cake so I needed more crushed pineapple and cream cheese for the icing. That also means that I can't put fondant on the cake so I'm actively reconsidering that part of the decorating.

Dd has slipped the Shuttle into my bag so now I have it for scale of the rocket and boosters. Dh and I figured that tomato paste tins were perfect diameter for the boosters so I bought more tomato paste (I need 3 tins for each booster) and I think I'll just wrap them in foil instead of icing them. My tupperware spaghetti holder is the right scale for the rocket so that's what I'll pack the rice krispie squares into. But I think I might just use butter cream frosting on the booster instead of fondant. That's still up in the air. I need to see if I have any food colouring. The rocket is orange.

Tomorrow we take the Tesla in for paint protection. Writing that sentence reminded me the Prius was still in the guest parking lot and had to be moved to the street (no overnight parking in the guest lot without a prior pass.) <In the middle of typing this post I went downstairs and moved the car.>

I'm glad I stayed up way too late, typing out my day to you guys. Else we could have had a parking ticket.

See you all tomorrow!

Return to “Post When You Can”