Tuesday Child is full of Grace

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday Child is full of Grace

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:25 pm

My view on the plan a happy life is that it has a few steps or exercises to do. But not in depth like some have. I know my purpose so it was just right for me.
I like the simplicity of this book. The big pring bright colored designs on the pages are perfect for me. I am reading it now and will do the exercises later. I got my copy at JoAnn's with a coupon. I am only half way through with this book.

Got the next can of trash ready to go for next week that I had set aside.
Considering donating gloves h. Used to wear they do not fit any of us.

I have voted, ballot went off in the mail like in previous years, one of the few things Wa. State got right in our county anyway. I felt it was the best
Thing for this yr bc of c-19.

I knitted a bit. And did some crocheting.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:33 pm

We are done with school for the day. DD9 didn't get all the assignments done but she has worked so hard all day that I called it quits. If 8 hours a day isn't good enough for a 4th grader to complete her school assignments, then we will just have to take the consequences.

DD9 has a friend here playing now. I am listening to their nonstop chatter and giggles. IMHO, school is important but kids need time to play too. Especially since DD9 is doing school at home the social aspect of spending time with friends is vital.

DS12 is with 2 of his friends riding bikes. The early sunset is cutting into their time to be outside. DS12 has to be home before sundown because I don't want him riding bikes when the visibility is reduced. We don't have bike paths or sidewalks here so the bike riders share the road with vehicles.

I've put a pot roast and potatoes in the Instant pot for DH and the kids' dinner. They can add whatever sides they want to it. This is my 2nd day doing OMAD (one meal a day) so I'm not eating dinner.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:43 pm

Harriet, I am sure that doctors are just worn out these days. Dfriend M is singing the praises of my former doc, who did get her in to get MRI read quickly and then into a surgeon. I wonder if I made a mistake by changing docs, but OTOH the office staff there is awful.

Elizabeth, I've never heard of the concept, I googled and see a book, planners and podcasts. I'm kind of drifting along with my so called bullet journal but a lot of days never write much down beyond appts for the day. I'm keeping that OMM list in the planner (it's a disc type so I can insert it and move it through the week) and hitting it as I can. I'm glad you voted, I meant to tell you yesterday that I loved the pink hair idea!

Enjoyed the visit with dfriend M - she said she needed it because she's worried about surgery tomorrow and recovery and... and... and...

I've done most of p.m. routine, including walking the dog. I might need a few more steps today.

Nancy, it's a mitzvah (a good deed) to bless others with your dh's gloves.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:10 pm

Good evening!

Good to see blessed.
Happy (belated?) anniversary to Lucylee & DH.

Finally got DPC made to get drain/sewer looked at.

Went to Al di for the first time since our local store was remodeled. I don't know where they found the extra space, but it's larger inside than it used to be. I can only think that they must have much less stock space.

Spent lots of time texting with DD20 today. She's got the crud, and she's worried it might be Covid. Her symptoms don't sound like it (lots of phlegm and sinus pressure), but she's worried nonetheless.

Watching the World Series. No offense, Dee, but DH is rooting for the Dodgers because he doesn't think it would be fair for Tampa Bay to have both the Stanley Cup and World Series championships. I just want to see it go 7 games. I need to turn it on up in the bedroom, so I can tuck myself in. I can't sleep in tomorrow because I don't know when the plumber might call.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:01 pm

I have had dinner and need to bag up a few things to declutter that will be my anti Proscanation sp? Task for tomorrow.
I decluttered a few disposable containers this evening.
Got a guage done on my new yarns.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:38 pm

I'm cheering for Tampa Bay because my nephew's attitude about the Dodgers drives me nuts. Plus the Dodgers put the Braves out, of course.

Thank you, Harriet & Sunny, for the anniversary wishes.

Sunny, my dbro and a friend who live in Florida say the same thing -- they miss seeing the seasons change.
IKWYM about feeling chilled. As soon as ds got out of the car tonight, dh turned off the AC. He said, "I have been freezing ever since he got in here. He sure does like it cold."
DH used to like it cold too -- then he got older plus started taking blood thinners. Now our house is always too hot for me.

Today was ds' 37th birthday. We were planning pizza here at home, which was Plan B, you recall, after ddil's weenie roast plans fell apart.
At 11:00 a.m., ddil called to ask, "How set are we for eating tonight?"
:roll: I said, "Well, we're set. Dbil & his dgfriend are coming; it's all 'set.' Why?"
She said ds was complaining about pizza. Didn't want to say anything to us. But she knew he really wished we could go out... he wanted to eat at R ed Lobster... Sheesh.
Y'all know how much more expensive RL is than D omino's pizza... :roll: But of course, he's our only son... if he wants his party at RL, RL it will be.
Came back home to confirm w/dh -- I was already on the way to my teacher meeting and couldn't get dh on the phone.
Called RL to make sure they could seat 8 people together... called dbil to make sure this would work for them... :roll:

In the end we all had a nice time, of course, but dh is not feeling well at all. Told me to call ENT tomorrow and get him set up with them. Still having episodes of vertigo.

I need to get off the computer. Just wanted to check in with y'all. I have no ta-das for today. I went to the meeting, enjoyed seeing everyone, picked up cake at Wmart, picked up dgrands at school, and entertained them till party time. I'm worn out.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”