Happy Saturday pwyc.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Happy Saturday pwyc.

Postby CathyS » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:53 pm

Spent some time consolidating what used to be a thick photo album. Now that all of the empty sheets are out of it, it seems very thin. Just goes to show how many pictures there used to be of my ex, his parents and other things I had no interest in keeping. If my ex saw me holding a camera, he would brush his hair, grab a cigar and tell me to take his picture here, now over here, take one with me standing with this in the background, now take another one with a close up of my face, so you can see my hair on this trip, ... etc. etc.

I removed the pictures last year or the year before that and it's taken me this long to fill in the blank spaces.

It's going very nicely.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:34 pm

Way to go Cathy!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:57 pm

Oh my goodness, Cathy... and I thought my dgd loved the camera. :lol: :lol: WTG on decluttering all THAT!

I've had a pretty happy Saturday.

Dgrands are here -- yes -- both of them -- but we're managing okay so far. We went for our normal Saturday night ride, and dgd fell asleep. So she is sleeping in the recliner and dgs is having a very noisy football game with himself. Wearing his Sunday pants. Sheesh. Their laundry is in the washer, and he says these are the only pants he could find. :roll: Ohmygoodness will their life EVER become any sort of normal at all??? I just asked him if he wore these pants to church yesterday, and he said no, but he wore khakis and his mommy made him change into these to play outside. :roll:
I'm going to see how many pairs of jeans are in the laundry, and if he does not have a week's worth of school pants that fit, I'm doing some shopping tomorrow at Wmart! * sheesh *

Anyway -- he's having fun. We did not mean to have them both of course, but the other grandmother "didn't sleep well last night," and they are skipping this weekend with her.

DDIL is working, and ds went with us to eat supper, then we took him home and the dgrands came back with us. I'm taking dgd home earlier tomorrow, because dgs has his piano lesson via FaceTime, and we will let him stick around and go to Wmart with us.

I have also reconciled the checkbook statement today.

We have quite a busy week ahead of us. Y'all say a prayer for us.
Monday -- just ordinary stuff, but I will need to do our laundry.
Tuesday
-- dmom has eye appt in Next Town at 10:00 a.m. This is about 25-30 minutes away. They could only tell me she would be there "an hour or two."
-- dh plans to pick up dgs at 1:00 p.m. and the three of us will go to College Town.
-- Y'all see the problem, right? If she is in that eye doctor's office past noon, I am going to be burning rubber to get back home on time.
Wednesday
-- I'll have to get dgs to school, but I'm not going to worry too much about that; if he has to check in late, that will be fine.
-- I'll have to pick him up also, because ddil is working all week, day shift, and will have to get a babysitter for dgd T-W-Th, because her class is out of school for Covid quarantine. DH is NOT going to want to have both of them all day Tuesday and Wednesday, because --
Thursday -- dh has cardiologist appt, and he will be a nervous wreck & think he has to have some time to rest and make sure his bp doesn't go sky high with all the drama of these two underfoot; ddil will need babysitter to pick dgs up.
Friday -- we can breathe again. "If they don't put me in the hospital," dh will say -- there is no reason to expect to they would, that is just his constant fear.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:02 am

I am just jumping in here; it will take me a while to catch up.

House is messy with boxes and bags and paperwork and just stuff all over. I am frantically trying to keep things straight in my head. I have 4 things to take back 3 places, equipment things we found we did not need... and I'm still not sure I totally believe all that has happened to our original equipment. Battery place tested our backup stuff and it was getting ready to be replaced, but not there yet and still usable. It only lasted 1 year and 10 days, I have the original paperwork. The computer lasted 3 years and 1 month. :cry: Stimulus check all spent trying to fix all this. I have as much set up as possible as neatly as I could and all the modular furniture pushed back into place.

We're way in over our heads with all this...

I would give something big to know someone who would come and configure this computer for me. I don't have a clue who to ask or where to go. I have no computer smart friends etc., I guess I will get a newspaper and look for ads. I hate doing that, will I get someone reliable and honest?

I have lots of work needing done but without a printer that responds I'm dead in the water. Some stuff is getting critical.

Seems like all the things I'd do when I was stressed to alleviate that I either can't do now or they don't work. When chocolate doesn't work, I know I'm in trouble!

Ok, excuse my moaning about all this... I'll go back and read a bit and try to get a grip. Hello to everyone.
Last edited by Harmony on Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:24 am

LadyM, good for you letting dgd go shopping -- I bet she was so excited! (I understand your worries, but it is unlikely there will be any consequences anyway. Just keep a positive thought.)
So glad you had some quiet time to relax today!
When things go wrong just smile smile smile and it will be okay in a little while

I must remember this!

I remember once when I was about 13 or so, my ddad gave me his credit card and let me go shopping with my next door neighbor and her mom. I was so excited! He had NEVER let me have the credit card for ANYTHING before. My dmom was probably at school -- she started back to college sometime around then -- and so he just said he didn't want to go with them and not have any options to buy something if I saw something I wanted. I know I knew not to buy anything to extravagant, and I can't remember if I got anything, but I still remember being so glad he gave me that privilege.

WTG with "biting the bullet," Dee.
IKWYM about the piano. I have heard pianos are almost impossible to sell. The three people who helped us price dmil's furiture/etc ALL said that, and my dfriend who had an estate sell of her parents' household items is stuck with a piano. I think she said it is even hard to give them away to churches now. I do not understand it. But I'm glad we ending up keeping dinlaws' piano -- I'm sure it needs tuning terribly, but dgs will enjoy it and at least he can practice at his own house AND ours now.

* He is NOT practicing the "required" 20 minutes per day, I am sure, but ds said, "Right now he loves it, and he's playing everything fine, so I don't want to make a big deal about forcing him to go over and over something just so I can say he sat there 20 minutes."
We do try to keep him at it 20 minutes when he's here at our house, though.

Mystery, does your dh wear dress shirts every day to school? We never had any sort of real dress code for teachers, except of course we were expected to abide by the student dress code, and I think a coach got sent home to change once because he was wearing gym shorts all day in his academic classes. We had a substitute once whose dress was only one thing that was questionable about her, LOL. She would wear running pants and tight athletic tank tops. The principal came around to each of our rooms and we had to (very quietly) sign a paper that we would not be calling her to sub anymore.

Cathy -- I bet your window looks amazing!!! I love that idea of the jars with glass beads.

* Oh -- there's Harmony -- and she needs a (((BIG HUGS))). I'm sure there are people, independent stores, who advertise in newspapers and Yellow Page ads -- just google it. The last time I had the problem, I had a couple of former students who were running an independent store here in Tiny Town, and one of them talked me through EVERYTHING over the course of several hours, and maybe a couple nights. Then he let me pay him via PayPal and only charged * I think * about $25.
Could you try the Geek Squad at... where are they? I've used them once or twice. Or Office Depot or Staples? If they will not set up a computer they didn't sell, they might possibly know the names of independent techs that you could call. OR... could you call your local high school tech school? They might be able to give you names of people -- possibly students who could do this for you, or a teacher who loves messing around with all this technology stuff in his/her off-hours? I'm just thinking aloud.
Oh -- and your dh could ask with his church kids and contacts there! Anywhere there are teenagers, there is bound to be someone who could set up a computer. Of course, you have to have someone you trust, or at least be able to sit there with them, but you should be able to find someone.

This is my dmom's problem too -- she desperately needs a new computer and her old guy has passed away. She is procrastinating calling someone now. But she said she might just buy a new Dell and have them set it up plug-in ready, which they did for her years ago.

Waving to EVERYONE -- this is as far as topic review takes me.

Hope you all have a great Sunday and the next week goes well for each and every one of you!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”