Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Saturday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:24 pm

waving at you d lady as well!
hope all works out d lady!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:28 pm

I worked outside (not heavy work -very frustrating to be limited but I did work outside for 1-1/2 hours)
I am going to take a short break and hopefully go outside to open the compost bags and start weeding the flower bed.
I did put back the hose sprayer after I was done.
now just waiting for the bad weather :D that we are supposed to have Tuesday. dh said we had 17" of snow on April 12 one year - I don't remember that one - I remembered the snowstorm from April 4th in the 70's when I was 13.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:36 pm

Dh has had a constant parade of customers all keeping physically distanced. Masks, etc., plus they are all outside. Tires off, tires on, check this, order that, do this, that and another thing... lather rinse and repeat.

He is finally having a nap.

I am going to get started on the Shepherd's pie.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:26 pm

Had lunch & walked.
Weeded in back. 72* & sunny.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:40 pm

I like seeing people being responsible for others d Cathy. very thoughtful

hi d Nancy - glad you were able to walk.

I am going to head outside again. my bones hurt from sitting again. forcing myself outdoors

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:13 pm

((Nancy)) thinking of you today.

I did very little earlier and then napped. Then dh and I went out to a patio shop to look at adirondak chairs. The ones I want for around the firepit are backordered forever, and I think he thought we could probably buy them locally. Since we were across town, we stopped for a late lunch/supper at an interesting place and ate outside. Lots of dogs on the patio, a spectrum of people, very pleasant.

Of course, by the time we were done I was all but frantic to get home to see about the dog. Her temp is down, still above normal but not like it was. (Apparently, 101-102.5 is normal for a dog - I used to know the normal temp of a cat and could usually tell by the temp of the ears if one was feverish.) I'm cooking up some white rice and chicken to tempt her appetite now. She's still pretty lethargic tho.

I'm going to try to straighten/clean a little. Dh keeps telling me to wait until we're done but it is driving me wild for everything to be out of place and dusty too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:19 pm

I will continue praying for your sweet dog d twins!!! no more fever!
hope you find the chairs you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:25 pm

worked outside (sitting on my aunt franny while I worked) weeds being pulled, cosmos seedlings being pulled as I don't want them there this year.
4 bags of compost put down.

played with d dog again.

spoke to a neighbor

Making a mental note of what perennials to add this year - to build what I already have.
I also need to move the 2 roses forward as they are too short for the back of the picket fence. The package said 4 feet but they are falling over roses so 21/2-3 ft. is what you get.

bummed a bit because some perennials did not come back even though they should have. my 2 foxglove that were supposed to flower this year were scratched away by the landscape men who took off the leaf mulch I put on it last year. too bad.

time to make dinner -

ta ta!!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:29 pm

I am going to try naming five tasks and getting them done. Hard to focus...

-sweep breakfast room area
-make the bed
-clear kitchen counters
-clear breakfast bar and wipe
-start a load of laundry

One reason everything is so dusty (in addition to the construction dust) is pollen. The construction people have left back doors open going back and forth so pollen has gotten in too. We still have one of the "plastic curtains" but I think the pollen gets everywhere too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:37 pm

Blessed, too bad you lost those plants. One year we had the yard sprayed and told them to be careful next to the veggies, and they oversprayed anyway and killed my tomato seedlings just getting started. I was not amused.

Aw, Twins, I am sorry your furbaby is ill. The lethargy might be from her meds?

Have a zoom meeting in half an hour. DGS is showing some sort of presentation, and we are supporting, even though we've told him we have no need of this product. And we've already had someone come present the same... but you know, it's DGS.

I've just been puttering around, putting things away, writing and figuring things out in my reading journal. Finished my first book last night. My brain is still in that time period, thinking, thinking. There are lots of life lessons in her books. Good examples. Good characters.

I got all of my fabrics put away, all except the pile of the ones I want to use for the table runner. I'm still figuring out the pattern.

(Nancy).

Got a letter from my DCousin today. We get a couple letters back and forth each month. We've been having problems with our letters taking long times to get to us... and my Easter card to her was a week late. One of my letters was lost and never arrived. This is my cousin who broke her hip and her shoulder a few months back. She is getting better.

Return to “Post When You Can”