Friends and Family Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Friends and Family Friday

Postby CathyS » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:21 pm

Happy birthday Blessedw2!!

Dh had no customers today so we went grocery shopping in the Falls earlier today.

Dh is making himself some sort of curry chicken tonight. I am having Butter chicken. I am just putting them in the crock pot for 4 hours.

Just went out and cut the grass. Even though I was taking my time and not racing around the yard, it took less than an hour, including putting gas in and checking the oil.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:30 pm

oh why thank you!!! How nice!!!

thank you for thinking of me!

It's been a very good birthday - dd younger face timed which was so nice. Dd older was so sweet. Dh said Happy birthday at 12:06 am - he even got a cute card. he has been really calm this morning - so nice! He balked at getting boiled eggs at the store - he was going and then he chilled out. no stress. it's been a good one.

I am loving that my family knows that I don't like attention or want expensive gets etc. . It has been wonderful with simple loved filled birthday wishes. I had to convince dd younger that, for me, the phone call was the best best present I could ever want.

I made soup for the freezer and for tonight. I also made a nice salad. I was going to make banana bread again but it's too hot now. I will do that tomorrow morning.

I am working on the follow through... if it's in my hand then put it away where it should go. finish the process... it's slow going but I am going forward. (lol more steady and in place)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:37 pm

good afternoon!
hi d Cathy! great job doing the grass! thank you!!!]

hi d lady rayon cleaning hour with family!!! thank you!!!

thank you d twins!!!
when you find focus - can you send it to me :D

Oh d dee: thank you!!!

I love the name d rose!

hi d Nancy! glad your tummy is feeling better

hello d everyone.

I want to take a nap but the girl should be coming to walk d older dog.

ta ta for now.
dishes washing themselves. soup put away! salad made and in fridge
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:33 pm

Had to skip my favorite taco stand lunch today.
I had gotten Rx & food, & one other errand, plus I stopped by the bass hole to walk the dog on the way home.
Unloaded food & got it put away. Hosed off the rig.
Got a few craft things.

I have moved the last of the planters out of the front yard to the backyard using the wagon and
one other wheeled tote. Yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:50 pm

Happy birthday Blessed. Glad to know it was a happy day for you!

Twins … he will be called Jackson. Long ago my very first love was named Jack. We dated for two years and since I lived in a small town every one knew about us. So when my son was born, as much as I wanted his first name to be Jackson, I knew I could never take him home with that name without causing a stir among people

No matter how I explained it was my husbands family name I knew everyone in my home town would think otherwise and not believe me.

My sons first name was after the uncle who’s farm I lived on. He was an uncle by marriage and treated me like his daughter. I have so many wonderful stories about him teaching me about life on the farm including how to milk a cow, make fresh butter and how to sugar cure country ham from a hog he raised for me and then slaughter.

He was a little gruff old country man by the time I met him, but in his younger years logged in the East Tennessee mountains with his two Belgian horses. It was there he met a man that begged him to take one of his daughters to raise. The man lived in a broken down trailer home with 7 kids and no way to feed them.

Remember we’re talking in hill country back in the 50’s. My uncle had no children of his own and with permission from his wife, raised the little girl as his own. Then when the daughter turned 14, my uncle divorced and his wife turned his daughter against him. He sent birthday and Christmas cards along with presents every year, but the mother never gave them to his daughter.

I came along and I think I reminded him of his daughter and that was the foundation of our relationship. When I would climb the hill to go from my house to his sometimes he would be standing by a tree and would say to me…where’s that boy of yours, to which I would reply… you know I don’t have a boy. He never gave up and convinced me when the time came I would have a boy.

Sometime later I moved away from the farm. My uncle came down with cancer and chose to die at home. Not long before his death there was a knock on his door and there stood his daughter whom he hadn’t seen in almost 30 years. My aunt wouldn’t let her in know how much hurt she had caused my uncle. When my uncle heard all the noise he called my aunt in to ask what was going on

My aunt told him about his daughter and my uncle said … let her in. That angered my aunt and she said to my uncle…after all the hurt and pain she’s caused you? To which he wisely said to her…. I’m not doing this for me, I’m doing this for her so she won’t have any regrets after I die.

I told my son when he was old enough to ask about his name, if he grew up to be as loving, wise and caring as his name sake I would be proud.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:06 pm

Home from delivering crutches to my hard-headed DBro who is barely able to stand & hobble around. He was horseback at a full gallop with both hands up in the air twirling rope as he was in the process of roping a calf. At that moment he has no reins and is controlling the horse with his knees. His young horse switched leads (leg that hits the ground first) which throws the rider off-center. ANYway, it caused both of DBro feet to come out of the stirrups, and at the same time, they came to a fence so the horse came to a full stop. DBro stayed on the horse and didn't fall off but he is hurting in his pelvic area. He said it happened so fast that he doesn't know what he hit but it must have been the saddle horn. I tried my best to get DBro to get checked out but he won't do it. I've called DNeice (DBro daughter) and asked if we need to stage an intervention to get DBro to go to the hospital. She is busy with her life and said she will check on DBro later tonight. I have strongly voiced my concern to DBro about his injuries, but I can't make him go to the hospital. Fine. Why don't you just sit in your recliner and hope you aren't bleeding internally and you didn't break any bones. That sounds like a great idea. NOT. I think I will call him every hour just to ask if he is still alive.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:51 pm

LadyM, I sure hope DBro is going to be ok.

Blessedw2, glad you had a nice happy birthday!

After debating a while, I did go to the class this morning. But I sure didn't waste any time getting home. I'm working on recovering. Soon as I got home I made some chicken broth. Then I made some jello. I'm on a liquid diet. Annoying to do this, but maybe I'll heal quicker.

Slept all afternoon. Ready to sleep again. I did get the kitchen tidied up a bit. Hope tomorrow is better.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:25 am

Running through and waving….

Glad blessed had a happy birthday!

Got one of the things I was supposed to finish today done — and then I couldn’t e-mail it. There is a remote drive that is sort of a shared work space where my document is saved — well, I hope it’s saved; I saved it, then wrote the e-mail to attach it to, but when I went to attach it, it couldn’t find the drive. This isn’t the first time the drive’s flaked out on me, but it was certainly the most inconvenient.

DH is on the first part of his departure; he’s out at the Scout camp overnight. He’ll come back in the morning probably just long enough to grab his already-packed bags and head to the airport to go to Philmont, the big Scout camp, for training. I’ve got the TV on to fall asleep.

Sweet dreams to all of you!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:46 am

(((Harmony)))

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, blessed!!!

Friends and family day… yes.
Constitution Day parade at elementary school. Dgs’ last one. Next year he crosses the street to the middle school. Dgd spent the night with us.

Hope you all have a good weekend!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”