Begin ... Thursday March 28, 2024 PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Begin ... Thursday March 28, 2024 PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am

How will you begin?
Happy March 28th

“It must be a great disappointment to God if we are not dazzled at least ten times a day.”

― Mary Oliver

"The atmosphere of our homes are set by the tone of our hearts."

may it be a wonderful day for you!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Re: Begin ... Thursday March 28, 2024 PWYC

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

Morning…

It’s an overcast with storm expected at any time. Sweetie and I were planning on an adventure at two of our parks we’ve never been to, but that ain’t gonna happen :D:

I’m just letting my ADD guide me this morning.. if I see something that needs to be do I’m just doing it.

Picked up footprints in an orderly manor, started the laundry and went outside to get my sweatshirt I left out in the lania and noticed a large plant had over turned over last nights storm. It made a mess with dirt all over the pavers.

So I moved the plant outside, Han swept the pavers and then got out my stick vacuum to clean up the rest. Went in to my guest bathroom which is the one I use, and noticed I hadn’t made up the bed I’m sleeping in.

Did that and the. Realized the master bed needed to be made, so got that done only to realize the master bathroom toilet was in need of a good cleaning. Started on that and figure if I was going to spend time in there doing that I might as well clean the rest of the bathroom

All this wandering around has give me over 3k steps and it’s not even 10am. I still can see things I need and want to do, but Sweetie is in desperate need of a hair cut, so that in my future plans.

So my philosophy for today is: see it, do! I’ll let you know how it goes :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am

Just begin! as Dee used to say.

I slept in a bit - until 8 a.m. but have been busy. Won't make crossroads of the day but I'm closer that most days, lol. I'm having breakfast now, then need to finish kitchen clean up (island where I've been working on tax return) and walk ddog. It's nice out - she's been outside in the yard twice so I'm taking my sweet time.

Early yesterday evening I wrote, but didn't post:

LOL, Nancy on the dresser. How wonderful to have the dresser with your FIL's signature and date to pass down to your dd.

bw2, I wouldn't fault you for letting the photos etc. go. To our grandparent and parents, photos were rare and valuable. The camera, film, and developing were expensive so they considered them treasures. In the sixties anyone could take photos and our cache of printed photos exploded. In the nineties were were all "memory keeping" putting the best into scrapbooks. Now we all have guilt that these things that our ancestors valued and treasured are a burden because we have so darn many of them. I have no advice because I have a bookcase and a half of accumulated photos, etc. I need a plan to sort, digitize, and discard but it's too overwhelming. BTW, I watched a webinar the other day that introduced using AI for photo. He demonstrated photo analysis by giving prompts and getting an analysis back. And demonstrated using it for facial recognition. But alas, one must first sort and digitize them. :roll:

I literally "rested on my laurels" this afternoon by taking a nap. I was cold, and had the donwannas. I ordered myself a pizza for supper. We don't do that anymore because of dh's diabetes so I'm enjoying it solo while he's away.

I think we're ending up with a small refund on the tax return. I was anticipating filing an extension and leaving it for after our return but dh mentioned doing an estimate to see where we stood, and I might as well do it, if I'm estimating. I need a couple of things from him, so we'll finalize it this weekend.

Cool and breezy also here, Lucylee. One reason to nap for me is to get my feet and hands warm.

Tomorrow I only have my workout then I'm free of workouts until 23 April, lol. I have at least five errands to run, would be nice to get them done tomorrow too. /end of yesterday's post

So errands:
-Target
-Drugstore
-Lowes: tomato plant, garden soil for raised bed
-Drop off at UPS store

Other things for today:
-strip upstairs bed and wash those sheets for dcleaning lady to make up in the morning
-mail a deposit slip to temple for cemetery check
-email to HOA board
-run roomba
-get house ready for dcleaning lady tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

blessed, this is one area in which some investigation into ancestry, family tree, as Twins' and Ramblin' enjoy, or just the old-fashioned way of memory and asking questions, might help a little. Maybe one of your dds would try solving the mystery. Did your deceased aunt have, for instance, a cousin or second cousin who can be found. After putting the items you feel are most important online for others in the best way you yourself know how (since I think we would all agree you are the one best trusted for that), your family could entrust that person, just by virtue of physical kinship, and feel relieved. Photos including your immediate family wouldn't need to be a part, if you didn't want to continue a relationship.

The storm here last night was so thunderous. I thought dd was opening and closing our rolling closet doors in the night, lol. I was thinking, she's up awfully late. Didn't see any lightning, but we are really wet here.

So, like Ramblin', our plans for going out are waiting until another day. That's fine with me. The only things I really wanted were a few groceries I can substitute.

I got a good start on tedious patchwork last evening and am just getting past the mistake-filled phase into the confidence phase. :) So I'll be keeping on with that and it should become more pleasant as I go.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

just a quick hi

I will say hi individually but know I am cheering you all through out your day

I went through the aunt/uncle's (passed) photos and paperwork - trying to think about honoring them on ancestry
I have a manilla envelope of uncles pictures (I didn't know I had) and am sending those to his dd today.
I had sent her photos etc. before but in his wife's (2nd wife - lovely woman) packages, there were his pictures of he and is daughter.

I will say it's draining to go through one piece at a time.
tossing a bag of our photos without people or uncles/ aunts photos with people we don't know from her side of the family - copies -there is no one to ask any more

waving to you all! we say schmutz schmutz schmutz - Alsatian family would say that bc they would kiss a total of three times or bisous in other words kisses.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am

Good morning!

I am still not feeling my best but continue to put one foot in front of the other as I get through the hours of the day.

This morning I had to SCRAP THICK ICE from my windshield before I could take DD12 to school. I am astonished by the difference in temperature in front of our home compared to the temperature in the protected backyard where the raised beds are located. The bird water wasn't frozen in the garden area and the plants sitting outside do not appear to be affected. I will start planting tomato, peppers and flowers into raised beds today. Hopefully I can plant 10 a day so should be done in a couple weeks.

My project for today is monitoring the painting of cellar. DD47 is going to Australia again in a couple weeks and is seeking ways to make spending money. She was eager to earn money by painting the cellar. I have no false illusions about DD47 quality of work so i intentionally picked a project that doesn't have high requirements or expectations.

The 3x5" hip pad is working well for me. I can instantly write things down as they come to my mind. It allows me to capture my thoughts until I have time to process it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

CI have done some writing and regular am stuff up at 5:30.
Need to get dressed.
Sun just made an appearance
F. 38* /52* today's temp. range.

I have got mopping on my mind.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

LOL, blessed — I scanned all my paternal grandparents’ old pictures and now I have a file titled “People We Don’t Know.”
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

LadyM, the book Getting Things Done refers to your hip pad as the "capture" step. One summary describes as this: Capturing all the things that might need to get done or have usefulness for you - now, later, someday, big, little, or in between - in a logical and trusted system outside your head and off your mind.

bw2, it is draining to take time to go through photos. Do you want to do 25 a day or something? In some ways, finding a relative to take them might just be kicking the issue to someone else. I got rid of a bunch that dcousin gave me - after my older dcousin and I went through them and didn't recognize anyone. Could be from any of her mother's five husbands, too.

I think I've decided not to get a tomato plant in the ground before we go. I can't monitor the ddog's digging instincts and it would be better not to get her started by placing more garden soil in the raised beds or paying any attention to it. So I did the other errands and also recycled glass. Unfortunately, the bin for clear glass was off limits. I left it in the car and will go by tomorrow.

At Target I got us some packaged snacks to take for the plane and some containers for taking smaller amounts of things for face and body. At the drugstore, I need to go back on Monday to see if I can get a "vacation" supply of my med that renews on 3 April. I don't have enough to pack for through 19 or 20 April.

So tomorrow, after dcleaning lady is working I'll go for a pedicure and try to drop off clear glass.

They just texted me from workout place that both 1 p.m. clients cancelled and would I like to come in at one, but I was just finishing a rather heavy pizza lunch and didn't think I should workout so soon on that tummy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

I have now swept & mopped! :mrgreen:
I did checked oil in the rig I can reach & the mower.
Then I mowed in back & cleaned underneath the mower deck.

Glad I did that it looks like more rain is coming later & I can sweep and mop inside then.
Have not walked still need to but might have to use and umbrella. Got my steps in walked the ddoggo around the
block to finish out my step goal for today plus some extra.

Waiting on my phone to charge bc I want it to count my steps when I do. x
Read a chapter. x

Got some stuff from Amz. that was fun. Yea!
A pad folio in touq. color for my writing.
A book A journal & replacement watch that I broke a while back some fun colored pens too.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”