Prayers all around wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Prayers all around wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:12 am

starting the day with a prayer for lucy and her family. also for me.

We returned home on Monday instead of 19th because I fell in Amsterdam on Sunday and crushed my left wrist. I'm having a first surgery today to start repairing it. it's late today, not at hospital until 11 30. i'll try to get dh to post something here late

i'm almost ill for lucylee. saw the news yesterday am but exhausted here.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Re: Prayers all around wednesday

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:34 am

((((Twins')))) Sending up a prayer your wrist's injury will respond well, and your recuperation will be swift. So sorry you are hurting. You are our intrepid walker and workout-er, so we know you are strong and remarkably tough! Looking forward to a further report when you can chat. Hello to Twins' Dad. I am stomping my foot with you in indignation that your fun was interrupted.

Yes, lucylee and her family are on our hearts.

We have not seen blessed in a while and hope everything is okay with her home, husband and family.

Better get more fully dressed - delivery expected and dd25 has left for work so can't be here to acknowledge it. I don't want to alarm anyone!

There is some housework I want to get handled a little early so that when HRH's friend comes tomorrow I won't have to think about it.

Dreaded Phone Call today. Not so bad.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:08 am

Thinking of you today Twins' Mom! Also thinking about LucyLee, Blessedw2 and Kathryn and Elizabeth.

One of the ladies that I knit with on Monday mornings was in a 3 vehicle crash yesterday with her husband. He's okay, she broke her sternum and some ribs due to air bags going off.

I think I might stay home today. It's raining and it's windy and coder than yesterday.

I made one phone call this morning to cancel dh's appointment to get his toenails done. I still have another call to make.

Tonight will be the leftover pork. Dh is insisting because he has missed out for the past 2 nights.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:03 am

Winning Wed. see in h&f thread.

I did something to my finger not serious but it is sore will soak it. MIght have got it between the pruners when I was working yesterday.
I was just writing to remember to put myself on my prayer list. I forget to do that so yes prayers all around.

Up at five had good dreams of hen house surprising me with chicks when I opened the door! :mrgreen:

I did a bit with planners pulled pages to write on from various ones with prompts on them and I put
them together in one for my writer Wed.

I have a few branches to pick up. It is calm out today yea!
I can mow later in front & then clean under the mower later.
My 5 things in the yard alternate with inside stuff is working and I can see the progress made out my list last nite.

Praying for all.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:23 am

Good morning!

Twins, it is nice to have you back starting the daily thread, but not this way! May the surgeon’s hands be skillful and your recovery swift!

Continuing to keep lucylee in my thoughts and prayers.

Dragging my feet here — if I drag them long enough, it will be time to take DC to school. They had a rough day of it yesterday. They discovered that I had misread the withdraw date when I put it on the family calendar, and thus, they missed it, not having checked for themselves. (Makes me grateful for Professor Eck back in the day, who took the time to call me and remind me to withdraw when his physics class proved to be beyond me.) Meanwhile, DC and their GF, who had been going through a rough patch, decided to break up. Poor kid.

Dfriend has found me another project to work on, so I should be doing that. This is going on simultaneously with the copy editing, but that’s been going in fits and starts, so this gives me something to fill in. But it is, in fact, time to take DC to school, so I will say goodbye to you and attack the work when I get home.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:36 am

I am back from my morning class and a trip to Starbucks with my friends

Twins… I’m so sorry your wonderful trip ended that way. Broken arms are no fun! When I broke mine I still had to teach but luckily I broke my left arm, not wrist, and I am right handed! I hope your surgery goes well.

Thinking of Lucylee and her family now that all the events are done. Sending hugs and prayers as well

Next up is working with my sunnies and then I need to do a load of towels. This makes me think of Lucylee as well.

Nancy… you sure are getting a lot accomplished these days. I am limiting my time on my phone as well as my computer which I’m doing research for my DAR application. I keep running into the information I need and have become frustrated with the process. Just need to take a break and breath

Waving to yall…Blessed, where are you?
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:36 am

Good morning

((((Twins)))) Argh! I hope your surgery goes well and recovery is as easy as possible. Is this your first broken bone?

I am declaring Homeschool is done for DS15 10th grade. He finished up the history book yesterday, so he officially met the state requirements in that subject for graduation. Although in our state there are no requirements for homeschoolers to match the public school core curriculum, I am still using it to decide what subjects DS15 does. One by one we are meeting the state requirements. He is now officially in 11th grade.
Public schools start state testing next week. Once the testing is done then they will hand in their textbooks and coast through the rest of the school year (15 days). They will be focused on doing things that are not in subject curriculums.

Do you know what this means? I AM DONE WITH HOMESCHOOLING until August. *****Big sigh of relief****
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:31 pm

LM yea for your so happy to see that accomplishment for ds15 too.

I am glad to say I did the 10 min. round of picking up branches. I broke my pitch fork it was on the last legs any way.
Came in and had bfast.
Got a thorn out of my finger & put iodine on it. Keeping it limber & taped is helping.
Pausing moving any more thorny branches for a bit till finger is better & I locate where my
leather gloves are, branches are out of sight for now.

I had bfast.
Step count is up to the steps needed for this part of my day.
Soaked my finger & it is feeling less painful.
Mowed in front and walked still need more steps sigh.
Got my steps in yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:55 pm

I have been busy adjusting some of our very little storage space. Moved a Costco rack a few inches. Thankfully it had wheels on it. Now all off my bottles for pickling beets and cucumber pickles are all on the bottom rack and I can see them all. Therefore dh can also see them and not panic about needing to go buy more bottles. We have 10 full boxes of them. I use the boxes they came in to store them in.

Dh changed tires and did an oil change on a friend's van this morning.

I think we might both nap this afternoon.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:20 pm

I am hoping ((((LucyLee)))) is finally getting some rest.

(((Twins))) assuming you are at the hospital preparing for surgery.

I used this Shepherds Pie recipe as inspiration. I tweaked it to use some ingredients I had on hand. It turned our awesome (IMHO)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”