Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 am

it is Friday, right?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Friday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:16 am

Yep it is !
I have done my first of the day qt stuff
starting on the Weekly stuff I did not get to sheets in the wash.
My bathroom done.
My plan is to start in the back of the house and work towards that front.
------
Dressed before 7:00 a.m. x
Bwp Progress happened;
My bathroom swished x
sheets back on the bed. x
Bfast. x
Next two loads going x
Vac. 3 rooms done upstairs x
I have a plan for meals & meat is thawing for sloppy joes.
Rx. x
8:00 now...
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:40 am

I had a very vivid dream regarding finding some paperwork in the middle of an huge, unexpected party that our neighbours were having, and a lot of their guests didn't realize that our backyard wasn't where the party was. Very weird.

I have been working on getting rid of smells this morning. Garbage is out of bathroom and both litter boxes have been deep cleaned. I also discovered that I really, really need to clean the oven. It has been sprayed and I've been wiping it inside from the top down. Nasty job and it needed to be done. There was a lot of smoke last night when I heated up part of a chicken. Tonight I will be heating tortillas and I don't want all that smelly smoke again.

We are having chicken fajitas for supper.

It's drizzling rain here today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:48 am

((Twins')), we are cheerleading for you, Rah, Rah, Rah! Healing hopes. And hoping it doesn't hurt too much!

Nancy, how nice to get a compliment on your yard.

Cathy
, I do NOT like the oven cleaning chore, but it's sure helpful when it is finished.

Back from the vet. Dd25 and I stopped for breakfast fast food and it is such a disappointment - all three of us wish we hadn't, lol.

She was texting with her boss in NY the whole time. She has a dedicated work phone and it is just constant. I think they know when the other one brushes their teeth.

At 10 we expect HRH's friend. Have got to remember to ask if he's coming to the wedding and would like to bring wife or not. I've been cleaning some. HRH did some in kitchen while we were gone.

I may allow them to hang out together while I go back to sewing room. I did the largest part of the 4 areas of applique yesterday. Have the smaller part to go today, then designing the two top and bottom appliques which I haven't fully brainstormed yet, then time to wash and iron the backing! Yea, so close.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:39 am

it is Friday, right?

I had to chuckle when I read this because I had JUST asked DH.....today is Friday, right?

I just received a phone call from counseling scheduler asking if we could move DD12 apprt from 6:30 to 3:30. It caught me off guard because I thought DD12 appt was on Monday, but the scheduler made it sound like it was today. After I questioned the date the scheduler confirmed that she was asking to change appt on Monday. Confused yet? Yes, today is Friday and the appt in question is Monday.
Not that it matters....but I couldn't make the appt time change because of public school state testing. The scheduler is going to switch others around and call back with options that don't require DD12 to miss school.

I just added 29 calendar events for the weekly mowing of the church covering April 18th through Oct 31st. Six of the fellas are teaming up to do the mowing on a weekly rotation this year instead of paying to have it done. Each person will mow and weedeat on their assigned week. It is about 3 acreas so not a lot but it will take a couple hours to accomplish with a riding mower.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:11 am

Good morning! It had better be Friday — otherwise, I should have been out of the house hours ago! As it is, I’ve been dragging my butt avoiding the work I have to do. But I told the guy doing the lesson plans and tests that I would have his stuff checked over by this morning, and I’m running out of morning!

DH has a camping trip with the Scouts this weekend that he forgot to put on the calendar, so I am ticked. I had plans to finally hang the shelves we got and to do maneuverability practice with the kids and to get some highway driving in with DD. So much for those. We can maybe squeeze one of them in on Sunday between the family Zoom call and dinner, but that’s it. :evil: I’m not looking forward to the day the current Scoutmaster hangs it up. There’s no parent who looks like a likely prospect, and DH has been continuously registered with the troop for over 50 years; there is no way he will let the troop die.

Anyhow, I’d better get to work!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:38 pm

Did another couple of rounds; Got dust bunnies out from under appliances & china hutch.
I picked up and got the floors mopped in my bathroom,
the hall, main bathroom, more on rest of hallway, dining room, & kitchen yea!
plus ....
last load of laundry is in the dryer taa daa!
Folded & put away the clothes.

I still need to spiff the counters and do the dishes.
Taking a breather.
Got pages in my faith planner that I located yesterday glad to get them where I can I want to have each day.

Getting that ready for when I do it outside on the deck when temps are not freezing over nite.
Walked got my step goal met for the day yea! by 10:30 a.m.
Cooked my lunch - yum with enough left over for dinner.
Got my dishes done yea!
Watered in front yard.
Watering in the back will need shut off in 2 min.
I rested and napped this afternoon go to see the last 30 min. of the movie I've been watching.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:35 pm

Just got back from an afternoon at the community pool. It’s been nice as several of my friends were there and had invited me to join them.

I was up and attem this morning. Had all the beds made and foot prints picked up before I went to class. Came home, watered my sunnies and then went to my coffee gathering. We had a guest speaker and during his talk every other word out of his mouth was …ya know. This from a grown 65+ year old man who had been president of this city club for over 3 years.

It got so bad I said to my friend… if he says ya know one more time I’m gonna puke. She said she wasn’t gonna wait for that to happen and gathered up her things and left. I waited a few more minutes and when I saw my other friend getting ready to leave I did the same and walked out the door after her.

Can’t remember the last time I’ve done something like that but decided I was too old to sit and listen to the speaker to continue.

I had fun at the pool and even joined my friends as they went down the pool slide. Most people just use a pool noodle or stand around in the pool and talk. Turns out I met the people that just bought the house across the street from me while there
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:15 pm

Home from a trip to the city to restock freezer and pantry. We also stopped by tractor supply for 4 big bags of pine shavings. Thankfully DS15 was home to help unload everything.

The HVAC repair fella showed up at our door at 8:30 this morning. DS15 and I were both dressed so it was easy to welcome the repairman inside. I had forgotten he was coming to check why the new unit was making a chirpy noise.

DS15 is enjoying the Rattlesnake Festival being held in town 15 miles away. He went last night with some friends and spent his whole paycheck on carnival rides and booths. He wants to go again tonight and tomorrow night but his ability to spend money exceeds his ability to earn it. I don't feel the desire to provide unlimited money to ride the same carnival rides night after night. The huge crowds and festivals with multiple vendors and carnival rides are entertainment that DS15 enjoys. The question is.....will he still enjoy going if he isn't spending $$$ each night? Hum....

DD12 thinks the crowds of people and noise are near torture and begs to not have to go.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:54 pm

quiet day here. i've read and napped and iced the wrist. trying to get swelling down. received a little flower arrangement from the Amsterdam museum in which i fell.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”