Friday in the Focus Footprints Conga Line

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Friday in the Focus Footprints Conga Line

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:58 am

What dance are you doing today? :)

Are you Focus-ing as you waltz around one particular area?

Following someone's "footprints" left behind, like learning a new step?

Are you jumping in the Conga line to ♪ ♫ swish and swipe all through the house? ♪ ♫

CathyS

Re: Friday in the Focus Footprints Conga Line

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:07 am

Thank you for starting us on this Frosty Friday morning Harriet.

I haven't decided what I am doing other than joining a bunch of women at Fibre Friday this afternoon for some knitting or cross stitching. I really have to get back to the cross stitching. I've made way too many scarves.

I also need to water some inside plants. I also need to pick up a prescription for dh and one of us needs to go to the bank.

Absolutely no idea what is for supper. Possibly pasta shells with salmon, AKA salmon casserole.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:14 am

Love that "Fibre Friday", Cathy. Scarves can be so lovely, though. Around here, "way too much" sewing that was a need, but has really got to give way to garden-time now, and catching up around the house. Have fun with your group. Brrrr, frost.

Weather has also been the factor that directed my eventual plan for this day. I need to stay in through the a.m. after all. Oh, well. This afternoon will be the best time for plant shopping or perhaps both plant and irrigation-supply shopping.

I'll be in the Conga Line cleaning, for sure. Mopping is needed.

Declutter, too. The mud room shelves need attention.

Need to give my full attention and maybe be ready to take notes when I attend appt with HRH and gen prac doctor. It's really a blessing to have one doctor who see the overview of kidney, eye, etc. as advice is given. Plus, he's a really good dr. We want to see what he says about the classes at the foot place, too.

Then flowers!

Then, the young man has an agenda when he arrives, so I'll be ready to help with that, but don't need to be supervisor, which is nice. That will be closer to 5, so I should be finished with most responsibility of my own day by then.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:53 am

Dcleaning lady is here to do her magic. Dh walked millie and she is fed.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 am

I was up in the nite and am heading back to bed for a nap.
Did my QT journaling and morning stuff.
chores like floors can wait.
Oh dang just remembered I have to take Rx in just over an hour will have to wait.
It has been raining.
Waving to all!

-----
top three done
dump trash skipped out to dump this & to and from mail box to mail a letter and then to
fetch mail. That bill got current is due again Tues. but I will wait till phone is off the charger.
Danced with vac. liv rm.
& " with broom as I swept main part of the house & bathrooms.
-----
Next after phone charges a bit
vac. back of the house
Mop
walk doggo
I have a new recipe to try out for lunch sausage cheese dogs sliced up in corn bread!
Doing that instead of getting a corn dog.
There is a parade on Sat. 5 mi. away.
----
CI /
have dances & mopped Done
Did a bid of the dose do with vacuumed Done
Next up lunch prep. accomplishes.
walked

Lunch was a hit.
[cold sore is gone. ]
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am

I’m beginning to think of putting Fitbit back on when the week begins on Sunday, and at least try for a consistent low no of steps. I also got back on the scale and weight was maybe about where it was pre trip. Cast does not feel very heavy, it’s solid around about 1/2 of wrist/arm, with the rest wrapped w cotton, gauze and ace wrap.

My back hurts when I walk even a lap now, so I need to build back up walking.

I meant to put this in health and fitness but whatever. We’re having Costco eggplant parm for our supper.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:08 am

Good morning!

I am doing my hourly steps but not all my other normal doings. I woke up at 12:10am to find DS15 wasn't home. There were some text and phone calls made along with some praying. ANYway, I went back to bed at 3am with the knowledge that DS15 was safely snoozing in his bed. His late night/early morning adventure didn't seem to affect him much because he was up and left for work at 8am. Ahhhhh - the challenges of raising teenagers. I consider it a great privilege and brings much joy, but it can also be a PITA sometimes. I was planning to have a slow-paced day because of yesterday's dental surgery but now I'm doubling down on my determination to rest because I am also recovering from interrupted sleep.

Having a slow-paced day is giving me opportunities to do things that I have been procrastinating on. We signed up with a yearly program the local American Legion Post is doing. It includes putting out a flag on designated yearly dates. I have taken the time to create events for each of those 18 days on the calendar.

Twins - are you walking in different shoes than before the surgery? Maybe that or walking differently because the cast could have an effect on your back
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:40 pm

Good afternoon (here, anyhow)! I suppose you could say I have been waltzing — doing paid work for :20 and housework for :10.

LadyM, I remember going out with friends once when I was that age (I was the youngest of the crowd). We ended up going for pizza after skating, and my friend (whose boyfriend was driving) didn’t want to leave until her songs came up on the the jukebox. I had to go to the lounge a few doors down to call my mom on the pay phone. I told her I was afraid I was going to be late — and she told me it was already after midnight! I wasn’t planning on staying out so late. But I think your DS had easier access to a phone. :)

My lunch break is over, and I’ve made this my next :10, so I need to be getting back. My next 10-minute “break” will be dishes.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:06 pm

I did my dancing in my exercise class this morning…went to my coffee gathering and made a quick stop at the grocery store. My footprints were picked up before I left the house this morning and both beds were made.

I’m going to treat myself with some sun and read a magazine . Birthing for 47.30 hours was hard work 43 years ago. I’m told you forget the process after a while… they lied :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:29 pm

I am normally not too concerned about DS15 and his friends. They are full of teenage hormones and over confidence, so they without a doubt do plenty of stupid. Most of the time I just roll my eyes at their antics and give thanks they are kindhearted and respectful.
However, DS15 has a couple new 19 year old friends that started hanging around here. I try my best to not judge but these kids make my gut spin and warning bells go off in my head. They are respectful to me and carry on conversations without a problem. However, my gut says something is not right.
** Why are 19 year olds hanging at a 15 year old home? Four years age difference matters when you are young.
** Why aren't they in school or working?
** How do they have money to drive nice pickups and go out to eat all the time. Both of them come from broken homes with their parents struggling financially. I can only assume their parents are not providing their spending money and paying for their multiple vehicles. Teenagers and their toys are expensive!
** One of them is the cousin to a local family who has made the news with their poor decisions. Poor decision of Catch me if you Can seems to be a lifestyle with them.
DS15 was with them last night. DS15 assures me they are amazing, awesome young men that aren't doing anything wrong. I might be an old fogey seeing danger when there isn't any. I just don't want DS15 caught up in their shenanigans. Even if they aren't doing anything "wrong" I see no reason for DS15 to be with them in the middle of the night in the city. I try to carefully pick my battles, and this is one that I am picking.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”