Friday in the Focus Footprints Conga Line

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Friday in the Focus Footprints Conga Line

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:45 pm

LadyM… I say listen to you gut. You e lived this long by doing so. Your son may good intentions but bad things can turn on a dime. I taught my “kids” to listen to their gut.. we talked about it often and many times
They came back to me saying thank you.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:23 pm

Yes, LadyM, if this were a movie or show, it would be the moment in which the parent starts looking for family members in other places that a child can go visit for a while, until the much older, more sophisticated acquaintances find other friends! lol I'm sure it's not that bad, though. As far as the young man whose crime stories are so impressive, well, at least he's highly intelligent ... .. :? Other than that, I'd hate to be known just by certain cousins. Perhaps that young man's antics have served as a warning to other youthful family. They should have remembered that they were with another person whose time for being home is not what theirs is. Sleep time lost is no different than hours given to the family in any other way - it is a big deal and there should be gratitude for it.

Ramblin', is this your birthING day???? :D

The dr's appt was very good. More to say about that, but I must be brief right now.

Plant-shopping trip was a little concerning in that I couldn't find some of my staple, go-to plants. I did find some I couldn't find last year, which is nice, but I do feel some urgency to maybe go to another place even over this weekend and see what they have. I was pleased that I navigated the drive plus the driving of the plant-barrow thingie very well and managed all the unusual terrain at the nursery.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:49 pm

I'd worry too, LadyM, and keep a sharp eye on things. tw

I watched a genealogy webinar at 2 p.m. Dh came home after a Costco trip, then went to grocery while i napped.

My house looks much better. I feel like I'm coming back to life.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:29 pm

Has anyone seen my focus??

I made supper. I put it in the oven that I preheated.

I used a timer so it would bake for 25 minutes. I put supper on the table. I looked at the casserole. Something seemed to be missing. :oops:

I forgot to add the salmon. :lol: Dh suggested I open the can of salmon and stir it into the casserole.

The salmon was warmed in the hot casserole with bubbling sauce and perfectly cooked pasta.

Good save, but where was my mind when I prepped. :shock: I kind of thought something was missing when I was stirring the cooked pasta into the casserole dish.

Oh well... just a reminder that nobody on this earth is perfect.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:35 pm

I was here and prepared for the young man and his errands with our household. Lots of things going on for him. He will have driven a long way today, from one side of our usual (or even unusual) "beaten paths" to another, then to our house and now to his Mom's work to help her with moving things, too. He left one box here I wish he had taken, but it can sit on my den couch a while longer, I guess.

I danced with mop and broom before he arrived and am nevertheless certain he didn't notice at all, lol!

I feel like I'm coming back to life.

Happy news.

HRH had good numbers at the dr. Will be starting a new branded supplement of basically B vitamins plus another common ingredient, although I can't help but think I can replicate its "mix" with simpler, plainer purchases at drug store vitamin aisle and save money. (lucylee, this reminds me of you saying that ending a named monthly supplement was good news for your budget.) At one point, I was saying I thought more servings of greens in HRH's diet would be good for his hip pain and explaining why, and dr grinned at HRH and agreed with me. HRH was moaning, "don't agree with her, I'll never hear the end". They are funny.

A little research reassures me that I can find the plants I want, either locally or delivered free by Home Despot (does anyone else use that silly name for HD? It is all HRH ever calls it, but for all I know he made it up.)

Cathy, we were getting ready to leave for the appt this morning and I had forgotten to dress in clothes that would be presentable. I was still in houseclothes and the ones I'd laid out to wear to appt were still on the bed. We do these things so that others won't feel inadequate, you know. 8-)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 pm

Yes Harriet it is my birthing day!

LadyM … are you near the path of the storms. Thinking of you
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:56 pm

Happy BirthING day, Ramblin'

Hmmm... .. above, I had meant that Twins' had happy news, not the dr. :|

Tracking tells me that the quilt top package was delivered yesterday morning (so, a day earlier than PO expected) and left at "door or porch".

Am I wrong to feel a little irritated that the lady didn't inform me? I had insured, and I myself know that inside the box it is all further enclosed in a plastic bag to guard against any rain/moisture. But still, I would just like to have heard it was safe and sound and taken into the house.

Confident dd25 says I worry too much - the lady has it. On the other hand, suspicious HRH says there are such people as "porch pirates". Sigh. To contact her again, I'd feel like a broken record, a worry-wart. She doesn't live in a "porch pirate" kind of place, and she gets quilt top packages all the time. Should have asked for a signature.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:14 pm

are you near the path of the storms.

Not today. Last night a storm came through but wasn't as damaging as the mainstream media predicted. We got a little over 2" of rain in 3 hours.

>>>>talking through raising teenage boy - totally skippable.
DS15 almost seemed relieved when DH and I talked to him about the 19 year old friends. We discussed that they are legal adults and DS15 is a juvenile. I did a little research and one of the 19 year old was in trouble with law in another state before he moved here. DS15 has a good group of lifelong friends and we can see no benefit in encouraging these 19 year olds to spoil the dynamics. We are not going to prevent the 19 year olds from coming to our home but DS15 won't be allowed to go with them on their adventures. It is our hope they lose interest in coming here and fade away.

On good news side of what seems like never ending teenage antics. Last week DS15 bought a ram dodge with a 12 valve diesel motor that had been sitting in a field for a couple years. The motor was good but the truck needed to be salvaged. DS15 borrowed a car hauler and loaded the truck so he could bring it to our home. The boys worked on it for several evenings. Today DS15 sold it for double what he paid for it. They loaded it back up on car hauler and delivered it to its new owner.

During their lunch hour today DS15 and friend crawled under his daily drive pickup and discovered the drive shaft bearing was causing problems. They announced it would only take them 30 minutes to replace it. That time estimate turned out to be a dream and the reality was they spent several hours replacing it. I suspect an experienced person could do it in 30 minutes but they are definitely not experienced. What they lack in experience they compensate for with determination and effort. They were excited as they figured it out and got it done. They are so proud of themselves.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:23 pm

Tracking package delivery in our area is almost a futile effort. The package status will show delivered when the package arrives at small town post office. But that post office then sends the package out to multiple rural carriers. It could be a day or two later when the package arrives at the actual final address. It is a common discussion explaining to newcomers as they expect rural package tracking to work like it does in urban areas.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:09 pm

I feel renewed after a nap.
Got my bs back up it was a roll coaster day.
Then went out and used the hoe for a manual operated type of weed whacking the tops of some dandy weeds that have yellow blooms. :roll:
It did not need mowed the rains helped over nite too.
I've had food & ddoggo is happy to help me with that if needed ! LOL!
Some of my journaling got over looked this morning that I did as reflections.
Weekly review is done as well.

Return to “Post When You Can”