Friday in the Focus Footprints Conga Line

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Friday in the Focus Footprints Conga Line

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:56 pm

I would not hesitate to double check with the quilting lady, Harriet. That is something that is irreplaceable and priceless, and you deserve to have peace of mind about it!

Yes, re: dropping some of the supplements... today's "busy work" involved changing several accounts. I have a better deal on satellite radio (in the car) and will save about $80-$85 a year on that... I subscribed to the weekly paper, saving myself about $15-$20 compared to the cost of buying it at the store... updated credit card # on a few other things that did not need price changes... confirmed with credit card company that no more charges will come through on old card.
Got some things together that need to be notarized and I will try to see dbil next week -- maybe Tues. or Wed., after the online appt with Social Security office.
Dbil's girlfriend called...

You know, I feel bad in a way, because I told her I'm doing okay, and maybe I shouldn't be doing so well, but that I think our pastor was right -- I'd kinda been preparing for this for some time now. Dpastor said she could tell that dh didn't feel like he did even a couple years ago, and that she knew I was taking on more of a "caregiver" role -- but it wasn't that, I mean, dh was still managing all self-care for himself -- but I was doing a lot of the household stuff that HE used to be responsible for. I guess in a way, I was gradually slipping into the role I am now in. But like dfriend said, it's a lot harder than I expected. Right now, I'm still so busy that I can't really sit and feel sorry for myself.
OTOH, I also told her that I can't wash the last shirt he was wearing. She totally understood. I told her it's kinda like I tell that shirt good night every night, and then I started crying on the phone. She was fine, she's walked this path before.

Boys and their friends. DGS has a play date tomorrow... probably his first ever! One of the boys on his team invited him over for a while tomorrow. They live just around the road from us and ds and ddil had already told his mom this would be fine at that the last game -- they just hadn't set a specific date. I've cleared it with both of them now and everyone is fine with it... but of course... MMN. ;)
You are DEFINITELY doing the right thing to "nip it in the bud" with the time ds15 spends with these older guys, LadyM. We just can't be too careful anymore. His reaction confirms that this was a good thing for you to listen to your gut and step in.

I'm going to play Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego with dgs now... BBL.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”