Simple Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Simple Saturday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:09 pm

Delighted to see Kathryn ❤️ and sorry she can't stick around.

Out garden-shopping for a second time, this time to HD, and did find one more of the must-have plants, lol. A reasonable price, so I got 8. (also lol) Dd25 is getting my extras, as I told the young man yesterday. Also found 25-foot irrigation hose but they have nothing smaller, so I must make some kind of purchase so that HRH can re-make one to fit a small place that needs about 15. I'll look up on A-River what we've used previously.

(Still had one unrequited love ( :D ) and found THROUGH their store, very kindly, that it could be delivered from our close-ish greenhouse business. They only deliver in 5s, so that's the number I chose online as soon as I got home. Don't care - just glad to find it.)

Tomatoes - 2 varieties, kinda disappointing, bought nothing. But dstepdil has planted 5 kinds, :D , so I'm not obsessing over that - I'll find a favorite elsewhere, knowing there's no panic. She and I almost went together today, but her mother's little dog is sick and she is caring for it, had to be up through the night with it.

But one significant thing is that I am making these trips driving all by myself and HRH is still breathing normally as far as I can tell, able to exhale and everything. ;) (He worries about me because his eyesight is actually better than mine. I shouldn't complain. He cares, it's a good thing.)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:34 pm

We had rotis for supper. The type we had have cornmeal in the outer shell and potatoes and meat on the inside. Dh had a goat one when he picked up the food and another goat one for our earlier than usual supper. Mine was chicken and I requested "no heat" but even so, there was a teeny tiny bit of heat which was okay. My lips aren't numb.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 pm

Nancy, wow so sorry about your sister's difficult night.

Twins', those freezer bags of peas or other small produce that you already heard about might help. Cathy I think suggested that. I saved the packs from my outpatient time last year and the reason was the small size, thin. Wish I could transporter them to you. What a good idea. Hmmm...

Dstepson and dd44 have both been here today. Dstepson cleaned out our gutters. He stayed until HRH bored him in conversation and put him to sleep, lol.

Roti - we enjoy the similar Naan bread but I've never tried to make this type on my own. That would be a smart thing to learn, wouldn't it? :idea:

Btw, we are enjoying Golden Crust brand Jamaican hand pies, which they also call "patties". They have both meat and plant-based ones. HRH and I like the mild, because we are looking for the Jamaican flavors, not the heat. Frozen section. The instructions are, "open one edge, microwave 2 mins, let cool a little", so, after doing all that I'm really tired but it's worth it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:28 pm

I have been having 1-2 T. pace medium salsa strait from the jar to help clear out my sinus issues this week.
Works for a bit in the mornings.
I just filled the water in birds bath.
did some surfing then rinsed my dishes.
I have a plan for my dinner.
Cannot plant annuals for 2 weeks here but I have some fun ones that came up from seed in bloom!
Gotta luv volunteer Money plants!
I finished cutting and punched some dotted pages for my 5 x 7" journal today from another journal I had here and was not using yea been trying to get to that task for a bit.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 pm

Just back from church

Good to see Kathryn

Harriet… I bought one of those hoses that shrink up after you use them from Amazon. It’s heavy duty and 200’ long. I used it for two years in AZ and the last two years here. I weave it behind my shrubs so I can use it to water my sunnies. I leave it out and just make sure all the water has drained out after I use it. It stays out year round here which has been two years and it’s still in perfect shape.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:27 pm

Program at temple was improv. A group has been meeting for several months. It was about an hour. I answered questions re: fall, etc. had a good time. Some very funny scenes.

Dneighbors invited us out, they have other neighbors over to visit. I’m already in pajamas and in bed. I woke dh up (in front of tv) and he’s going over. I’m very much a lightweight right now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”