Tuesday PWYC Ta Da!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Tuesday PWYC Ta Da!

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:06 pm

Happy Birthday, Ramblin'

Great step count, Twins'. I am achy from gardening moves - squats, hefts, etc., but the step count is unimpressive.

Speaking of which - My Gar min smart-ish watch has a new frustration in that Gar min has changed itself with a new "look" and new opinion on what information it shares with you quickly, or expects you to search for. Hmmm... .. i have my preferences that were possibly shaped by the way they used to do it, but they are still preferences. Now there's a photo/title page for it - how is that anything but delay every day in checking the info I want to monitor? Oh, well.

Working outside since early. Mixed lots of little batches of amendments in my trusty tub with my small shovel. Have finished planting everything that is available to me to plant out front - a few others come Friday. Ready to start at back of house. Especially pleased with having taken the plants in 2 bowl-shaped pots from HD, which were inexpensive but liberally seeded, and gently separating roots to pot up 3 plants from one, 4 from the other. :idea: I love thriftiness! Also love that these are more "mine" now, as in my decisions, my follow-through to grow them properly.

Smoothie brunch was very filling then but wearing off now. Time to think sandwich, then back to dirt.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:10 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROSE! :D :D :D

CI:
[x] phone interview with social security
-- Can y'all believe this -- they say I don't have to send them ANYTHING. That hour and $21 I wasted last week getting a marriage certificate was not necessary at all. SMH...
[x] bug lady comes and sprays --I look forward to seeing her; she has become a good friend
-- She insisted on doing today's treatment for free. She is so sweet.
[x] TRY to straighten up the house BEFORE the bug lady comes
-- Did that before bed last night.
[ ] WHB?
-- Ha... tomorrow is another day...
[x] Ballgame
-- We WON! First win of the season, except for a forfeit. AND dgd got a hit and an RBI. It was a good day.

I came home and took a nap. I had just been up as long as I could be. Now... watching The Good Doctor and writing thank you notes.
Last edited by lucylee on Wed May 01, 2024 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:48 pm

I have weeded 3/4 of the driveway now. Walked a shorter walk to get my steps in for today.
Up date I have 99% of the driveway done.
Have one side of the edge next to the concrete, and 1/4 of another side still to do not today.
Sunny for a bit we've had clouds, wind, and two drops of rain most it going South of us.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:37 pm

Called on account of rain, I guess. But got a lot done before that. The largest planter at the back porch entrance is amended, watered, fertilized and planted in my favorite way from two years ago.

Then it was a race to get things under cover before rain. Extremely heavy raised-bed mixture just has to stay out, but I've covered it with plastic.

Dd44 called and we had a nice chat. I got caught up on all the boys' doin's.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:58 pm

DD12 was selected to be in the talent show. She requested a new dress to wear so we loaded up to go shopping in the city. About 3 miles from the house I realized that I didn't check the weather so pulled off the road and looked at radar. Yup. A thunderstorm will be here in about an hour. I do not want to be caught without protection so we turned around and came back home. The talent show is on Thursday so we can shop tomorrow after school.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:55 pm

Happy birthday RRose!!

After supper I laid down with dh and we both had a short nap. I now have a load of laundry going.

I turned of the boiler earlier after I decided it was nice enough to open a few windows. Dh actually closed one of them! :shock:

Dh took both urine samples and went to the blood appt by himself. There are limited chairs there, so I don't think it's a good idea to go. Maybe I will in future, depends on dh's health and memory.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed May 01, 2024 12:10 am

Congrats to LadyM's dd!!! Big WTG!!!
The talent show at our high school was always one of my favorite events.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”