Write it down Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Write it down Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 01, 2024 8:59 am

Today is Write it down Wednesday!

Getting Things Done, or GTD for short, is a popular task management system created by productivity consultant David Allen. The methodology is based on a simple truth: The more information bouncing around inside your head, the harder it is to decide what needs attention. As a result, you spend more time thinking about your tasks than actually doing them. When information piles up in your head, it leads to stress, overwhelm, and uncertainty.
frpm https://todoist.com/productivity-method ... hings-done

The capture system is an important cog inthe proce ss of Getting Things Done.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Write it down Wednesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 01, 2024 9:20 am

Good morning!

What an evening we had. The storms last night were weird. Just flat out unpredictable. The tornadoes were turning both ways - some were clockwise and some counterclockwise. Tornados here usually come from the southwest and travel northeast, but not last night. Some were going straight east, some north and some south. There was one tornado that did a U turn! Absolutely unpredictable. We had at least 5 tornados over a two-hour period that were headed toward us but thankfully their energy fell apart before they reached us. I stayed up a couple hours past my normal bedtime to watch the storms because they were so unpredictable. I woke up this morning with an apology from meteorologist because it is supposed to happen again tonight. #SpringTimeOnThePlains

After wild weather it is easy to be grateful for the simple things. I am grateful to have a roof over my head. I am grateful to have floors to clean. I am grateful to have a kitchen and food to prepare. Let's do this!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 01, 2024 9:46 am

I woke up with left hand aching - must have slept on it wrong - and I'm icing it now.

I really really need to do some HOA bills today. And a check to a genealogy association. And I am keeping a running list of things i need dh to do for me.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 01, 2024 10:13 am

Yes, Twins', the struggle is real. And for those of us who live with List Allergy Syndrome :| having a method of corralling the To-Dos, sorting into manageable visuals, is so much help!!! Yay cards, planner, etc. I have not explored Todoist, but that link is interesting.

((LadyM and community))

Hurray for LadyM's dd12's fun and talent! Of course she needs a new dress and I hope that makes for a happy afternoon, LadyM. Ah, remembering mother-daughter shopping trips. Only the good parts remembered, of course, lol.

New dress chat - dgdC is getting her dress for the wedding, but it is still not decided between flower girl and junior bridesmaid. I believe I would vote for flower girl because it would make her more special. IF (a big if) it can be outdoors, how sweet to scatter petals there.

Was interrupted posting by call from a delivery lady who was confused but we got together, and I have my basket liners and some of those small water reservoirs I was talking about the other day, for the inner bottoms of baskets.

I started to say if they work well, I will recommend, but how would I know anytime soon if they do. One reviewer had said that a missing element was a wick of some kind to guide the extra water to the roots or vice-versa. I certainly have some cotton cloth scraps, I'd thought. I almost just made one out of disposable things I have here, but realized the price was really small per item and the work of punching through plastic over and over and over to make an upper "rack" part wasn't a happy thought. Also having just one basket that was thriving or not thriving differently didn't seem helpful.

Hope the ache goes away soon, Twins'.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 01, 2024 11:40 am

I got those two checks out to the mailbox so I can breath. I need to write other HOA cks and a cemetery check but don't know if I'll do today. I'm going down a DAR rabbit hole for a friend but need her to decide if she wants to join or not. If so, the DAR registrar will help too.

I'm going to run the roomba, I know Millie doesn't like it but too bad. Dcleaning lady comes again tomorrow.

Whoops I have 5K steps already. I'm going to get my ice pack and sit for awhile and read.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 01, 2024 11:43 am

Opportunities Abound :D for challenges, encouragement and inspiration in our Monthly threads. New ones popping up today, or ongoing, under these forums:

Getting healthy? Do tell, in May Health and Fitness.

Waging the Clutter Battle? Comrades in Arms are in May Declutter Strategy thread.

Having creative brainstorms? Track progress in Arts, Craft and Needlework for May.

Are you getting your hands into the dirt? The January to June Productive Backyard thread!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 01, 2024 11:55 am

CI ~Up 6 ish
I have been doing paper stuff desk was a fright.
Worked on that and planner pages reset thought I had accomplished that but not the ones for the calendar.
Journal pages yes.
Done basket is empty now to figure out where the April ones go.
Did my mo. review.

I still need to get to the meat market.
38* / 59* today's temps. & cloudy.
We had rain in the nite here I slept through that.
Strange dreams the last to nites.

Writing day has some good ideas and ways to accomplish my goals for prayer planner progress this month.

Dove

Postby Dove » Wed May 01, 2024 11:59 am

Thanks for the link to the GTD article, Twins. Good information there. Hope icing your hand has relieved the ache in it.

Glad all the tornadoes missed you again, LadyM, & sorry you lost so much sleep monitoring them. Will pray that they all miss you tonight, too. 

I enjoy reading about your gardening adventures & plans for the upcoming wedding, Harriet. Thanks for posting the new threads :)

A Happy (belated) Birthday to Rose!

Laundry has been happening here this morning. Sheets, towels, & our winter coats & fleece coats. I'll throw a load of bras in last so that I can hang them up to drip dry. Shredding has started, mostly old tax files from seven years ago. Procrastinated on this task. Have half a bag full so far. I don't want to burn out the motor so am doing a little at a time. That's easier on my ears, too.

I have chicken salad for lunch today, either as a sandwich or a salad. Haven't decided yet. Dh mentioned last night that he would like General Tso's chicken & rice so we'll have that for dinner tonight. 

~~~Waving to everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful day.  :)

Dove

Postby Dove » Wed May 01, 2024 12:00 pm

Hi Nancy! :)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 01, 2024 1:38 pm

YAY it's May!!

Windows are open. I cut the grass this morning. I also burned some stuff in the fire pit, including an old door that was removed for the hallway last fall.

Dh is planting 5 tomato plants. All beefsteak today. He hasn't bought any heirloom plants yet. Neighbour across the street has plants for sale this year, so dh figured he should buy local. Across the street is about as local as we can get.

Left over veggies from last night and some ground meat I cooked the night before will become supper with a large can of tomatoes tossed in. Never tried this, but dh thinks it would be good.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”