Monday Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Monday Monday

Postby lucylee » Mon May 06, 2024 4:05 am

I haven’t been here much this weekend, but I wanted to start Monday by letting Twins and LadyM know I will be praying for good results from surgery and safety from storms.
Thinking of you all.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Re: Monday Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon May 06, 2024 6:59 am

Good morning, lucylee.

Hear I am way late at 6:50 or so - smile. You said that very well.

Twins' and LadyM on our minds today, through all the hours of the day and continuing. Grateful for the knowledge and experience of surgeon and team.

((LadyM and family)), I guess there is a sort of determination by the pros to get the negativity out there - the possibilities, the "better safe thans". The sense of overwhelm and overkill with it all, though, has got to be draining for all.

I have a lot of reminders today. A zoom, I think - hope.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon May 06, 2024 8:25 am

Thank you for opening the village this morning LucyLee!

Thinking about Twins' Mom as she deals with surgery this morning.

I foolishly decided to play a game on the computer late last night. My brain had a hard time shutting down from the frantic movements and noise of that darn game. Good reminder of why I stopped playing so many games. It's much nicer to read, even the type of books I enjoy that include murder scenes and autopsies described in vivid detail.

We are having sausages, onions, peppers and potatoes for supper. It looks like it's going to be a nice day.

LadyM I had to try to shut out all the hype leading up to the eclipse. Because Niagara was expecting massive crowds, there were warning on the tv and radio and social media for weeks leading up to what became an event that seemed to fizzle out to nothing on the day of the eclipse. The expected crowds must have gotten scared off because the hype on social media because there wasn't even 25% of what they were expecting. It ended up being so tiring and emotionally wearing. Even though we get tornadoes up here, there isn't much warning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 06, 2024 9:41 am

I'm not due at hospital until noon so makes for a long, hungry morning. I think that last time I was too exhausted and in pain to think about being hungry, lol. There's a first.

We have a T storm and rain right now. IKWYM LadyM about the weather prognosticators. I think they're damned if they predict bad weather and it doesn't happen, but I guess it would be worse if they didn't predict it and people were caught totally off guard.

I left some things to do this a.m. to keep me busy. I've written the two cemetery checks and will get them to the mailbox when it's not so wet! I'm about to do the HOA checks too. And a shower, and a.m. routine.

DH will post for me here when we're home again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 06, 2024 10:22 am

Good morning

My day started well after sleeping soundly for 8 hours. I am thankful.

27 cards completed
1379 steps.

There is a change happening with the meteorologists. They used to just work for the weather stations and mainstream news stations but now they are on their own and they are becoming an individual brand, an influencer, a celebrity. They have their own crew with storm chasers, they have their own websites, and they sell their merchandise. The competition between them seems fierce to get the most views and clicks. I think that is what is causing the over hype and doom drama predictions. IMHO we just need the weather facts instead of their drama. I know it sounds crazy that I trust the guy who owns a local pizza place to tell how bad the storms are. He has a passion for storms and knows how to sort through the drama to just tell the facts. I am starting to see change in how some of the meteorologistt are calming their predictions down to reduce panic. This was just posted by the top rated meteorologistt -We do not know exactly where these storms will fire, but the ingredients for severe weather are maxing out the scales. Stay alert, have a plan, and don't be scared. If you are prepared for the worst, you won't be caught off guard. Another famous meteorologist just posted - Be in your safe place by 4pm!!! Ugh.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 06, 2024 11:24 am

I was up by 5:55 today.
QT & most a.m. stuff done except a journal page.
We had rain all day yesterday that is heading east we needed it.

I took trash out.
s2s & wash hair happened got dressed.
sheets In the dryer done & now back on the bed.
Bfast at some point x.
I mixed up dough for rolls later that is rising now.
Dishes x
Sweep main bathroom x
Inside stuff needs attn. here
Rolls are baking.
Did some desk stuff.

Next
Finish Home Home Blessing.

Dd called and we had a good talk.
Dgson is graduating collage this weekend.
Dd is going to met future possible in - laws afterwards.

Prayers for Twins LM & all who need it.
I woke up feeling a bit rough but am doing some better now.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 06, 2024 2:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 06, 2024 11:52 am

** Planted sweet potato that is sprouting. I tried this method last year and had a bumper crop. Sweet potatoes and asparagus are the easiest and most prolific vegetables I grow. They require almost no hands on and have no bugs.
** Breakfast = One of the pint jars that were fixed assembly line method a couple days ago. I would call it a smoothie, but I think of smoothies as being prepared with a blender. Since I didn't use a blender to prepare them, I will just call them drinkable, high nutrients & satiety as well as so so tasty.

48 cards completed
2509 steps
1. Know what you want.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 06, 2024 12:03 pm

Thinking of Twins in her new card making career and wish her well with her surgery

LadyM… I hate all the hype when it comes to hurricanes and news stations. Ian caught many off guard because by the time the forecasters realized what was about to happen too late. Then there are all the other times the well… yelling…the sky if falling, the sky is falling then little happens with the storm. I use my NOAA app and a fellow who lives close by. They too are most accurate.

The tooth that was recently capped with a temporary is bothering me so the dentist checked it. My gums from the tooth area has recessed and that is why it’s become so sensitive. Came up
With a plan and I’ll be monitoring it for the next few days.

I’m hungry, but nothing sounds good to me at the moment. May make my muffin for lunch. I’ve been feeling off for a few days but know it’s because of my mouth.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 06, 2024 2:10 pm

** 3 boxes of pantry restock supplies delivered on front porch. I still struggle to believe they deliver for free and don't raise the price over buying in the store. As long as they will do this I will continue to ship to my door. The only downside is I can't have fresh or cold things delivered.
** DH and I went to local grocery store to buy salad ingredients. We like different types of vegetables in our salads so we each select the things we like.
Driving home I made a conscious effort to observe the livestock in the pastures. They were all grazing in the middle of the pasture like normal. To me, that is a huge sign that we won't be getting bad weather this afternoon.

It is a good thing that being stupid isn't against the law.. I just saw a meteorologist post - "Leave work now. Get the kids from school. Start driving west to get out of the way of the storm. You will not survive above ground if you stay." REALLY?! Surely no one believes that.

Next up - Prep the fresh vegetables for this week and make a huge salad for my lunch.
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 06, 2024 2:38 pm

LadyM - editors needed, for sure. This is why, IMO, editorial oversight is an important part of broadcasts or published content. There needs to be a standard. If your family knows a reputable expert, that's a relief. Of course, others may not. Honestly, your description of the rise of celebrity weatherfolk... .. I haven't heard of that.

Dd is coming home from work early - unheard of. She has had a fidgety tummy for about 24 hours now, but says she's just sure it is from spending so much of yesterday without eating. She had virtually no breakfast, then worked a hard day, straight through on all the projects at the house, keeping up with the young man and his father. Then with the young man driving, they got to a restaurant they'd planned at mid-afternoon, but it was closed and car-sickness to which she's prone had already started. In the parking lot, she actually vomited (although not much), and has felt drained ever since.

Thinking of Twins'. Encouraged to know that Twins' Dad will probably let us know how the day has gone, if it works out for him to do that.

Odds and ends being tied up around here. Multiple small things.

Return to “Post When You Can”