Monday Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Monday Monday

Postby lucylee » Mon May 06, 2024 3:54 pm

After that 2:00 am post, y'all will be glad to know I did actually go to sleep, eventually. Still have to have the tv on all night, but the great thing about this was -- I woke up and there was Tom Selleck right there in the bedroom, LOL! He was being interviewed on the CBS morning show, this morning around 8:30/9:00. so that was a pleasant surprise. He is DEFINITELY one of my favorites. I will be so sad when Blue Bloods ends with this final season, although he said something that made me wonder if it is actually settled that it IS the final season.

Anyway -- got up, s2s, went to dgd's "violin recital." That is in quotes because our elementary school had one of those things where I think they receive a grant, and someone comes in for a few weeks and teaches group violin lessons to second graders. I mean, it was a REALLY basic thing. They learned the parts of the violin, how to handle it, the notes, how to use the bow -- but it was VERY basic. Each homeroom did a little recital this morning, however, and it was fun to watch. DS said dgd was so nervous this morning she said she was sick and didn't want to go to school! You couldn't tell though, when she came in with her class and they did their part. I mean, no one had a solo or anything. There was really no way she could mess up.

Afterwards, ds and ddil took me and ddil's mom to the Mexican restaurant, an early Mother's Day celebration since ds will be out of town this weekend and ddil will be working.

I came home and renewed AAA membership with new card...
made two phone calls, had to leave voice messages...
dbil returned my call and I am going to meet with him Friday to go over some of the papers I've been receiving, how to handle misc...
I'm waiting for the people to call for a one-day camp thing local hospice group puts on every year for children who have lost loved ones (ddil asked me to call since their website wasn't working.)
stripped bed, washing all bedding...
will have dgd here in about an hour. Her ballgame isn't till 6:45; dgs' is at 5:30, and he has to be there at 4:30 -- so she's staying with me to pass the time till his game starts.
I may need a nap.

IKWYM about weather stations over-hyping the storms, LadyM. DH used to quote someone in his family who said, "I wasn't scared of all these storms until they started advertising them all the time."

Hope things are going well for Twins.

(((Harriet's dd)))

Waving to Cathy, Nancy, and Rose!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 06, 2024 4:46 pm

We have walked it's a blustery day here today.
Seeds are coming down some but not all yet.
A couple small dead branches came out of the tree
Hoping they were the ones I saw earlier this year up in the tree out front.

The rolls were delish. for lunch!
Winds have settled down a bit.
I swiffered hall kit. & dining room.
ddoggo went out and is back in again.

Waiting a bit to run the vacuum. Done
Swept seeds up too

-----
After dinner CI
dishes are done.
I have rolled up the hoses & moved the lawn furniture and filled the mower so it's ready
for mowing this week.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 06, 2024 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 06, 2024 5:34 pm

Looking around for an update on Twins....... Keeping her, DH and medical team in my thoughts and prayers.

I filled the instant pot with country ribs and 2 types of potatoes (russet & sweet potatoes). It turned out wonderful. I love the quick simplicity of cooking in an instant pot.

The school called this afternoon to let me know that DD12 squished her hand and they were putting ice on it. She wasn't crying and they thought it would be fine. However, I appreciate them calling to let me know. I texted with DD12 to confirm she was okay and not hurt.

DD12 came home with half a dozen papers that I need to fill out to enroll her for next school year. The repetition of giving the same information year after year seems like a waste of time. However, I can understand that not everyone keeps the same address, phone number, etc. DD12 is about to be in the 8th grade!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 06, 2024 7:39 pm

Twins Mom is home and doing well....DH
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 06, 2024 8:08 pm

Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop, Twins' Dad.

Twins', feel better soon. Rest, rest.

A bit of mending today. Some work on the floors. Some Desk Day.

When dd got home, we sat and watched an Agatha - 4:50 from Paddington - a favorite of mine because there are just enough characters to keep you on your toes, clues hidden in several completely separate venues. Because several different casts/directors have done it, you can't quite remember who's who. Dd caught a future-clue at the very end that I had completely missed. She feels better.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 06, 2024 8:20 pm

Glad to see CI about Twins. #Thankful

It is completely boring in my little corner of the world (weather wise). Business, library, schools closed early in anticipation of bad weather so their employees and students could get home before it hit. Hours later........we don't even have one drop of rain.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 06, 2024 9:46 pm

What an average, normal, ordinary, mundane report, LadyM. (I'm so happy for you!)

I'm so happy for me because I've just had a text from the lady doing the machine quilting and I know the top is safe and sound, began today the process of being made into the quilt layers. She says she's excited to finish it. HRH is relieved like me - he was sweating this, knowing how valuable to his wife's mental health the well-being of that cardboard box really was, lol. Skirting the edge of some frantic twilight zone paranoia, lemetellya. I know I didn't say it here, really - trying to spare ya'll! but inside, I've been a little :shock:

Tomorrow (shake it off) I plan
Trash day
Mudroom and little-bath spif
Potting up Petunias if Possible
Potting up a couple indoor violets, too

And I'm literally just getting this down and he says he wants me to go with him to home imp store tomorrow. Hmmm... ..

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 07, 2024 12:31 am

So glad to get good report from Twins -- thank you, Twins Dad -- and so glad to hear of calm weather in LadyM's corner of the world.

Still missing BLESSED and KATHRYN... and HARMONY, but at least we know WHY she isn't posting and we know what's going on with her. I'm worried about BLESSED and her family, and KATHRYN. And I MISS Y'ALL!!!

Both grands had rough nights at the plate, and both their teams lost. DGD's team never scored except once, and the other team had them by 10 runs early on. DGS's team lost a good lead, like 8-3 or something, and then they blew it and ended up losing 11-9.

Going to J&C... just having a hard night...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”