Talk it over Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Talk it over Tuesday

Postby Harriet » Tue May 07, 2024 8:45 am

This was a topic from Twins' Mom, first of the year as we thought about goals and resolutions.

"Let's talk it over today! What's on your mind?"

:)

LadyMaverick

Re: Talk it over Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 07, 2024 9:45 am

Good morning!

I had a shorter sleep than normal due to the storm drama. Nothing bad happened within about 200 miles of me.

I have my food prepared for today. I have been watching Terri Leist on utube that lost 180lbs and documented most of it. She continues to do daily food prep in maintenance mode. Although we have many differences in our life, I have learned several things from watching her process.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 07, 2024 12:02 pm

Idea Factory is my you tube channel name If you want to see what I"m up to
check it out.

Morning All ~
Got sucked into a live stream on some current event stuff.
Have done my regular a m stuff.
blustery day for us trying to decide what day to mow but got it ready after dinner yesterday.
Trash is out at the curb.
Crock pot is going for my meals today.
Pork ribs.
Mopping is Done.
Delt with dpc dang it human* does tella marketing had to have them unclick that box as I do not give out info. in case it's not them
but could be a spoofer calling me.
Mowing back yard is done!
Can is back from the curb.
Mail has been fetched.
Step count is progressing as I like over half done before noon! YEA!
ON a break.
Mowed the front yard.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 07, 2024 4:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 07, 2024 12:24 pm

Just looking in. I’m reading today in bed w ice on wrist. It hurts a lot, maybe more than last time, but that was all a blur now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 07, 2024 12:27 pm

(((((Twins))))))

Home from grocery store. I needed fritos for the walking taco meal that I will make later today. I will prepare 2 types of chili. Some like canned chili (Wolf) and some like chili cooked from scratch. I won't be eating either of these chili's today but will put some in a container for me to eat tomorrow.

I found some red begonias plants that I thought needed to come home with me. My garden is lacking in flowers. I planted over 100 of several different kinds of flowers but they are not doing well. Zinnas, sunflowers, marigolds, rose moss, mums are all being bashful about growing this year. IMHO they need sunshine. Maybe they will start doing better since the next 5 days is full sunshine in the 80's.
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 07, 2024 1:07 pm

LadyM, yes, my first thought was that that is a variety of different types of flowers with different requirements, so it does make sense that it's a general thing like just more sun needed. You've probably put your finger on it. If I were "expert" on any of those, it might be marigolds, and I can at least say they are so forgiving and will start thriving after many types of detours. But, for instance, I never get zinnias to do as much as Twins' can get hers to do, bringing bouquets into her vases in the house, even. (mine would be lovely, then get mildew - something to do with my area, but I still blamed me) And Ramblin' is our sunflower pro - I've never grown them. Stubborn mums become predictable and happy later in the year, at least sometimes! Rose moss, grown once, but so long ago that I don't trust my memory, except that I liked the photo in the seed catalog. :roll:

(I used to believe with all my heart every photograph in the seed catalogs, so I would grow flowers whether I'd ever seen a real human have any success with them, then be sad about flowers that didn't stand a chance in my climate, soil, conditions, etc. )

Until I got my reassurance last evening, I couldn't even start my weekly planner pages because I couldn't choose a sticker "mascot" for the top. Was I really thinking happy thoughts, or would I be irritated with a smiling face? Now I have a grinning caterpillar, lol. Feeling much better about life.

I need to take mail to box, perhaps some trash out, although I will have more to do later. We keep having deliveries (dd). I'm working on cleaning the small bath today.

Twins', I hope you'll improve, have less pain, and then maybe the two times will seem more like each other. Whatever pain relief they/you have chosen, do stay ahead of the pain with it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 07, 2024 4:19 pm

After Lunch CI ~
I finished reading a book. I still have some journal prompts to work through.
I read the work book Chapter for this week. Have questions written into my notebook to work with.
Pondering some ideas on those now.

Dishes are soaking lunch was great pork ribs green beans on slice home made bread. Low carb cran juice.
Too ddoggo out for a potty break to windy for a walk.
Got my steps in with mopping , mowing and other tasks today.
Had yummy dinner and did up the dishes got them put away too.

It is still pretty windy but the good news is I did not let it effect my plans & it gets
the seeds out of the trees faster.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 07, 2024 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 07, 2024 5:51 pm

Well, I probably "talk it over" too much... but thank you all for giving me space to do that.
I've been fairly productive today, and I'm doing a little better than I was last night... but still feel it won't take much take much to start tears again.

I double checked the one day camp thing for dgrands...
got credit card site straightened out... (just a problem with log in)
talked to dfriend and agreed to let her and her husband take me to the reunion with them Saturday... (MMN -- makes me nervous)
talked to duncle...
talked to dmom...
talked to dfriend (widower of my dfriend who passed away in 2022)
finished laundry (last load in washer now -- towels -- week's worth, not a month's worth)
vacuumed hard floors of main area of house
did Daily Bible reading, s2s, did morning stretches

Glad Twins and LadyM are both safe and sound at home... WHERE IS BLESSED??? We need to hear from her.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 07, 2024 6:12 pm

I was perhaps a little naive about this surgery. The surgeon didn’t’t have to deal with the open cut on the side of my wrist, and the plate was small. This is a larger plate that spans from perhaps six inches below the elbow to the back of the hand. And I had forgotten that he said I was receiving a one graft as well. Perhaps not surprising that there is so much pain. I’m alternating ibuprofen with the oxycodone with Tylenol every three hours, and keeping wrist elevated. Someone from doc office called to check in this afternoon.

Dh came through and walked the dog. I’m going to microwave eggplant parm from the freezer for my supper.

Dfriend M came by earlier and took dmillie for a walk. Not much is happening here.

Lucylee, grief isn’t a straight line. It’s more like a spiral that circles itself, sometimes repeating or moving to another plane and coming back through on you.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 07, 2024 9:38 pm

(((Twins))) The surgery sounds intense and complicated. Not just a simple broken bone!

My day has been slower paced than normal. I did the essentials and kept everyone on track and fed. My energy level is lower than normal because I am tired from last night and I am dreading tomorrow.

I think I am dreading the 3 hours of 15 year old driving more than the periodontist surgery. Today I laid out clear expectations to DS15 and told him if he couldn't meet those expectations then he would not be driving me. I would rather drive myself than be stressed by his driving. He is eager to drive in the big city and promised that he would be a good driver. My expectations -
** No speeding. 80mph is fast enough IMHO.
** Hands on the steering wheel. I have seen him driving with one finger or a knee.
** No music with explicit words. I don't wanna hear it.
He is a good driver but sometimes gets overconfident and distracted.

51 years ago today I gave birth to our first child. WOW! Time flies.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”