Well-Spent Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Well-Spent Wednesday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Wed May 08, 2024 4:39 pm

CI after noon :
Lunch was excellent shredded pork wrap parchment paper worked great to wrap my home made one it!
Weeded two iris beds.
Lawn it good bc LH got a 80 lb. bag of fertilizer formulated for our area I use.
After having hens it took me a summer to fill in all the holes they left
for dust baths. Plenty of weeds I should deal with in the grass sigh not today however.
We just had a bunch of rain last weekend.
Walked ddoggo around the block.
Learned what a flag represented and I met new neighbors.
The flag is for 1st responders and blue armed force for get the specific one he was in.
Anyway I have been wondering.
Made a homemade plant kill mix for the honeysuckle vine and that has been applied.
Made a mess and has to wash the window over the kit. sink.
Picked up what I weeded out and got it ready to go in the trash pick up next week.
Did one other smaller patch by the deck steps, picked up an area I weeded but missed on the pick up yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 08, 2024 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 08, 2024 5:25 pm

((((Twins))))
One of the independent meteorologists that I listen to is Ryan Hall Ya'll. He is live on utube right now covering the storms over several states with storm chasers showing live video on the bad storms. Ryans voice seems calm, very informed and just gives the facts without hyped up drama.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 08, 2024 8:55 pm

Home from yearly fish fry with church family followed by the spring musical play. The kids did amazing! DH and I stayed in the nursery with 2 toddlers but we had a big screen TV in nursery so we could watch the play live.

One of DS15 friends has started a mobile detail car cleaning service. She just turned 15 years old and her business is booming. We got on her waiting list for DH pickup. It took almost 3 weeks for our name to come to the top of her waiting list. She worked in our driveway today for over 6 hours on DH pickup. It now looks amazing inside and out. She charges $140 which includes deep cleaning & shampooing everything inside and waxing the outside. If weather allows she can make over $1k a week doing this. She homeschools and does her schooling around work and play. I am so proud of her and hopes that she keeps on keeping on. Her dad is in prison for life and her mom works long hours, so she has plenty of opportunity to make poor decisions if that is what she wanted to do. Instead, she is doing incredible things, especially for her age.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 08, 2024 10:55 pm

I completely "shined my sink" today. A bit more to it than it sounds, when it's a 1958 sink. :) HRH teased, "Oh, I'm blinded by the shining sink!" :roll:

Tomorrow the dish drainer and tray as I go along on rotation.

Laundry was potholders/hot pads, so they are hanging over the tub/shower after a half-drying fluff in the dryer.

Dd25 complemented the LR when she got home.

Dd44 has her last EOG trip tomorrow, and will have the two younger boys with her, older two at home and probably won't need their grandfolks at all. She's also happy to be going to the easier testing venue, where she is able to set up computer and work from there in quiet. Much better than car like today, she says.

I got a hug from WonderBoy when I took their package today. Just appreciating the teenage hugs - not taking that for granted. Today was DangerBoy's final - no more tests left in his high school life.

Twins', a storm finally came here, brief but grand. We didn't lose any limbs, we don't think. I was on the phone with dd44 when a big flash happened and we both gasped at the same second, so it was really lighting up a lot of sky. And that was "daylight", except the dark clouds denied it. Dd44 had just enough time to muster the boys after she got home and they got the yard mowed, getting back into the house before any storm problems. She's relieved.

LadyM, what an amount of energy for that young girl - oh, to have that much energy again, lol.

Cathy, did all the new soil get moved to the spot you need it? Hope you have fun with your gardening plans.

Return to “Post When You Can”