Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 09, 2024 8:41 am

It's morning, we had ferocious storms here but no tornados that i am aware of. Apparently a lot of trees down. On with the day!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 09, 2024 9:34 am

Good morning

This week is the last full week of public school. WHOOOHOOO! The schedule shows they will have school all next week but there are field trips and incentive trips so not much schoolwork will be done. Yesterday afternoon the 7th-12th grades spent the entire afternoon playing dodge ball.....except for kids like DD12 who prefer to remain in classroom instead of watching or participating in sports.

I have prepared my food for the day. It feels good to have a food plan and be ready for the day. I went to the garden this morning and harvested fresh greens and strawberries to combine with other ingredients into a big green salad. I will be boiling eggs and making a bowl of chicken salad for the family later today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 09, 2024 10:13 am

I am up was up by 5 ish.
did qt and got quite a bit done on another planner project. YEA!
Watching a squirrel get seeds out or the neighbors tree that hangs over the back fence.
My kit. needs a spiff.
I have left overs to eat and a plan for that today.
It's my writing day.
More beds to weed out making good progress and I think I'm over the half what point now.
Have a great day, Twins glad you are okay.

-----
Mid morning CI
Got my journal work book q's entered in my smaller planner to work with for later & master prayer list on the calendar.
So considering that great progress for my writing day.
Lovely weather and enjoying driving my stick shift jeep Wrangler!
Did a Rx errand
Do you believe it got 2 more planers I want to set up one for prayer and the other for personal use I want to design one that works for me now.
Got salsa as I dropped a jar in the store and did not have umph to go back to fetch another.
Ddoggo was super pumped when I got home so we went on a walk already ,she is sunning on the deck now.
Had most of my lunch.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 09, 2024 2:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 09, 2024 10:16 am

I'd be with LadyM's dd on dodge ball. Never a fan.

Rain rules here, along with recovery from minimal storm problems.

It was our scheduled annual bug-spray day and that's cancelled. I've texted dd44 to let her know, too, since both houses are on the same schedule.

Dd25 sent photos of the large branch she had to move on our driveway this a.m. She's strong and doesn't shy from lifting, but she admits this took her awhile. If she'd asked for help, she'd have been late to work, but as it turns out she was just on time. And was the one who opened the office, lol, so several may have had a problem this a.m.

There's some worry here, too, because the Uncle who didn't get to come yesterday, when by all accounts he felt well, is suddenly in hospital today! wwhhaaattt? They just say "infection" at this point, so... .. UTI? worse? not sure at all. HRH and I were sad yesterday and, in a way, frustrated today that dmil wouldn't bring him or consent to him coming because of her misunderstanding of weather timing. But also, we would not have wanted him to have a more tiring day, knowing now he was headed for this situation.

I have some complicated Desk Day to do today. Probably DPC.
Possibly must drive out to bank if DPC won't do it.
Pharmacy errand if I'm out - gee, I hope it stops raining.
Extra laundry.
Vinegar wash of sink drainer/tray.

Time for brunch.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu May 09, 2024 11:07 am

I will do almost anything to get out of paperwork.

I will water all the houseplants.
I will burn stuff in the firepit. 5 bags worth of crumpled paperwork and a cardboard box from the fan I bought a while ago.
I will sit outside and read a book. (A bio of Elvis P.)
I will eat breakfast, which is always a good thing.
I will take all the recycling and compost and garbage bags to the end of the driveway.
I will also deep clean both litter boxes.
I will get dressed to shoes, because it's garbage day and clothes are preferable. I have had to take some recycling to the end of the driveway in my nightie and housecoat in the winter time, and it wasn't fun but the truck was next door. :oops:

I even called dh's nail trimmer. She has a spot available this afternoon.

All the dirt got moved into the 3 garden beds that dh needed. Amazingly he didn't have too much or too little. Neighbour with tractor refused payment. Said that the parts from the old compressor that we gave him a couple of years ago was payment enough.

Supper tonight will be pork chops in gravy.

It was extremely windy here yesterday. I kept my eyes on the sky for most of the day because I was worried about what might happen. Today is so still. Crazy to have the 2 extremes, but yesterday wasn't a nice wind at all.

dh will be on the quest for pepper plants later today.

I still have paperwork to do. I need to take it to accountant tomorrow. :shock:
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 09, 2024 2:09 pm

I took a major nap while rain was still coming down this morning , and woke to some blue skies, thankfully. Neighborhood teen is giving Millie a walk now.

I was awake watching and listening to local weather reports until things settled down around midnight and then I was up and down in the night. We had a couple more big storms around 5 and maybe 7 am. Our screen porch has standing water on one edge and the rug is soaking wet. there are several trees down in our little neighborhood.

Think I'm going to read a bit.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 09, 2024 5:50 pm

Afternoon CI
I filled a garbage can of weeds then had to come in and wash my hands & arms they were stinging from the sticky weed.
I had on a 3/4 length sleeve. They are better now, not to self next time wear long sleeves shirt. That bed is pretty much weeded now.
So that is the good news.
I swept the patio and got a pail full of seeds off of it more seeds are coming down not a few.
Did up the dishes spiffed the counters some.
Weeded another section used long handled hula hoe & pitchfork so did not actually touch any of it this time.
It was a wheel burrow full.
Work smarter not harder!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 09, 2024 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu May 09, 2024 7:53 pm

All the storms passed north and east of me -- we were under a tornado warning for a little while, but the storm was on the far side of the county. I still did not sleep well last night, just felt I "should" be watching the weather a little more closely -- we stayed under a watch until 10:00 a.m., and the second round of storms arrived just before daylight. Schools were delayed two hours.

But I did manage to finish all my thank you notes, and got them in the mail this afternoon...
(Also finished WHB vacuuming and watched a movie last night)...
Did the school pick-up for dgrands this afternoon...
Went to local restaurant with ds & family for "spirit night" -- restaurant I never eat at, but I figured it was for a good cause, supporting the football team...
So now I'm home for the night. DGD's ballgame was rained out. It's good to have a night at home.

I'm not a fan of dodge ball, either, LadyM. I'd much prefer to be in the classroom, reading, when things like that are going on.
Waving to you ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 09, 2024 9:38 pm

A variety of things got done today.

I did not have to go out to the bank, which was nice. Technology simplified my day to handle Desk Day from home and get more done.

Cathy, lol about your funny list of anything to get out of paperwork. Good job on all that. Nice to have the new soil fit into your plans well.

Twins', I am looking forward to that - blue skies hopefully heading my way now. My broccoli sprouts need sun tomorrow to turn green and maybe I could venture outside without galoshes!

A present for HRH arrived and I gave it to him instantly to open and make sure it is okay, although that is part of Daddy's Day for him. It's exactly as expected. 2 of his Scottish clan's badges, vintage from e bay. I don't really know if those knowledgeable would say the vintage ones are more desirable, but it makes sense to me - if we happened to have old ones in the family, which we don't, I'd never think new ones were better. The box is satisfyingly worn, lol.

Return to “Post When You Can”