Have a stress free Saturday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Have a stress free Saturday!

Postby CathyS » Sat May 11, 2024 9:06 am

LucyLee has 2 reunions to go to today! Recently we have been seeing "MMN" (Makes Me Nervous)

What makes you nervous?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Re: Have a stress free Saturday!

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 11, 2024 9:41 am

Good morning

Cathy - Thank you for the start today.

I get stressed by not having enough time in the garden. There is something about watching the birds and hands in the soil that resets my stress meter.

DH is at mens breakfast this morning. The kids are still sleeping. I expect DS15 will wake himself up and be out the door before 9am for work.

I was a little shocked by the price doubling for bag of pea gravel in our little town store. I found some in the city at the normal price so will be making a trip to get a dozen bags.

There is a cake sized cookie decorating event at the vo-tech in the city. I want to take DD12 to it this afternoon.

While in the city I will fill up the vehicle and do list buying to keep pantry stocked.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 11, 2024 9:49 am

LOL, Lucylee and Cathy, I don't even go to reunions!

I wish typing were easier. I know it will come, I could use both hands on keyboard reasonably well before this last surgery.

Dh got home earlier than expected last night and I was still up. Lucy, I could see pink in the sky to the north although there is a lot of light pollution here. It shows up in photographs. although not strikingly. Leaving lights off outside and letting eyes adjust to the darkness helped.

I just received flowers for mother's day from my children. called dd to thank her, will call ds later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 11, 2024 10:04 am

Good morning, Cathy. Are you and dh planting this weekend?

lucylee
, this may be as much legend as truth, but the quote, "Don't wash yourself, I'm coming." is attributed to a letter from Napoleon to Josephine. It may actually have been from a letter Henri IV wrote to his mistress but considered more interesting (a juicier story) when told about Napoleon.

What MMN? Well, for one thing, surprise visitors. Like exiting the bedroom in lounge-ish clothes after changing from the long lunch out with dd44 yesterday, and realizing I heard HRH's voice talking to two people in the den, plus our bathroom was in use - door closed with light coming from under the door. We do have a half-bath, but on the other side of the den, no toiletries. Had to rush to change into something socially acceptable again, wondering who 3 visitors could be. I did emerge properly dressed, greeted his company, but sat waiting for the person obviously in our bathroom for the longest time, until one of them needed to go, and apologized for closing the door the last time. :roll:

I think we can either be ready to go out, or ready to have someone in, perhaps not both, without MMN (me, not HRH). HRH did very gently say maybe call next time. One insisted that there had been a fb conversation about coming over today, but HRH shook his head, saying that must have been with someone else. Are we becoming hermits? Or do we just need a butler?

Dd25's day has slowed because the young man's tux fitting is taking much longer than he understood. So, she's just now in the shower. (She's fussing over her appearance before meeting him to mow their lawn. :) That'll change, lol.)

I have a calm day, I think, unless dstepson stops in. Dd44's family is away and ds' family is at a ballgame.

When the young man brings his truck, I'll help again get many boxes in it.

This evening, ds' family wants to come over, but not for supper.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 11, 2024 10:08 am

Twins', I am proud of you for mastering that keyboard, anyway. (also appreciate hearing from you) Enjoy those flowers. Take a photo.

Oh, shoot, LadyM, I need to buy some pea gravel, too. I knew it might be expensive.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat May 11, 2024 11:02 am

Other than dh watering the garden, nothing will be planted today. (As far as I know) Dh planted cucumbers, zucchini, green beans, snow peas and sweet peppers the other day. Potatoes and tomatoes were planted before that.

Neither one of us seem to want to get going to do anything this morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 11, 2024 11:25 am

Dh is in a mood about the screened porch. As I said here, the rug is sopping wet. I can't help him with it. Might go upstairs for a bit.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Sat May 11, 2024 12:29 pm

Good… afternoon! (Well, there went the morning!) I managed to see the northern lights as well last night. It was sort of hard to be sure that’s what I was seeing, as they were mostly close to the horizon, mostly bluish, and did not do much of the curtaining thing, so I had to tell myself it wasn’t just the lake giving off some sort of unusual reflection. And then I saw two shafts of pink light that took away all doubt. They were fairly faint this close to the city; they must have really been gorgeous further out. Lots of folks were saying (we had not quite a crowd at the beach club, but plenty of folks) to look through your phone’s camera using the night settings. Sadly, I have an old phone with no such thing. The moon itself was putting on a show; a perfect crescent reflecting out over the lake.

It is cold and rainy here today — or was rainy; the sun is coming out now, but it’s still cold! I might ask DH to lay a fire.

Our AHL team is in the playoffs, and DH and I went on Wednesday. I thought of Dee and her family and her daughter’s “fun job.”

I have laundry and tidying to do, and DH is attacking Mt. Dishmore at the moment; I should go help dry.

Continue healing, Twins!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 11, 2024 12:44 pm

CI At 9:45 Nighbors lite interfered with seeing the N. lites.
51* 81* F. temp. range here today sunny 8-)
I did a lot of journaling started a new book of prompts from a book I finished and the work book so this is pretty easy.
One more session or two to finish up the last 10 or so prompts up now.
I did get out and weeded for 20-30 min. to get the last of the west fence line done & back corner, next is to prune a rose next week for that.
Yea for this progress.
I did take the post office food drive donations out for picked up 1st thing to get it out of the way I'd put it by the door so I
would not forget it that worked yea!
Walked & got laundry upstairs folded & put away.
200 more steps to do before noon for my 1st half of them for the day is done yea! 1/2 way done with today's steps now yea!
I have moved the weeds I pulled and were in the containers.
Made a call.
I have a load of laundry in the washer wanted to wait till I was done weeding to wash those items I was wearing.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat May 11, 2024 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat May 11, 2024 4:51 pm

I'm in between reunions... judging from my appearance at dh's, I should probably just stay home tonight. sigh. I was just fine... Just Fine... until I went in and started talking to people, and then I had a hard time keeping from crying. I only stayed a few minutes, actually, talked to a couple men and maybe a half dozen women... introduced myself to his first "date" -- LOL! They were FIVE YEARS OLD. Dh's mom told him he could invite someone to go to a Walt Disney movie with him, yes, anyone he wanted to ask, and he wanted to ask this little girl in his class. She remembered it well, although neither of us could remember what the movie was. It may not have been Walt Disney; I'm thinking it was the Wizard of Oz. Anyway. I took the thank you note, and they put it on their sign in table. They also had little candles for each member of their class who has passed away. 25 of them. Wait -- I bet it's 25 total for three classes! They ended up inviting the classes above and below them, so there are three classes together today. I know a lot of these people, on my own, not just as dh's wife, but I just didn't want to stay and cry all afternoon.

Since I was already on something of a crying jag, I rode out to the cemetery and measured dh's parents' stone. They are right next to him, and I'm thinking I want to get the same size as theirs. It's probably just a standard size. Five foot stone on a seven foot base. I think I want vases on each side, and other than that, I don't know. DS would like something a little more "old fashioned" I think, but I know variations from the basic traditional stone will run into variations on the money, too. ;)

I hope I can be better company at my own reunion tonight...
and I hope I get to see the Northern Lights later.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”