Fab Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Fab Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 24, 2024 9:07 am

Today is a fabulous Friday! What are you doing today that makes it so fabulous?

Do share those wondering happenings!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Fab Friday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Fri May 24, 2024 9:46 am

Luv this topic twins!
I am working on my journals etc.
Boiled eggs are cooling to devil later.
Finished pages in one journal... deciding on the next ones.
made & drank coffee you know the important stuff LOL!
Slept well up on time sunny out so good things to think on!

Dishes are done. Some counter spiff happened yea!
I picked out clothes for today.
Egg tray is refilled.
Boiled eggs are now cooling in the fridge.

Next round:
Lunch
Peeled them.
Got the mower filled with fuel & checked oil in it.
Walked around the yard pulled a few weeds.
Watered the beds in front.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 24, 2024 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 24, 2024 10:01 am

My day is fab, in part, because the cast is off. Of course, I found out last night that my wrist aches from use, or perhaps overuse? Anyway, I took ibuprofen and a "sleep aid" ahem, benydryl, and had some respectable sleep.

This a.m. is also fab because dcleaning lady is here doing her magic, and I have straightened up and prepped for her. She will make up the upstairs bed for the dog sitter too - sheets in the dryer now.

I have thawed chicken thighs to grill for our dinner, I'm not sure about veggies yet.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri May 24, 2024 10:21 am

I had a wonderful hot shower and then I sat outside for less than 30 minutes and my hair is almost dry. In the winter it takes close to 3 hours if I don't use a hair dryer.

I've been going through more books and there are already quite a few in my car. It's so fab to walk into my library and see how tidy it's getting with each passing day.

Dh went and got some fruit this morning. Now he's cutting the grass because our neighbour is cutting his grass. :lol: Like I said to him as he is sitting at the patio table earlier... "It will give you something to do." I've been hearing that he's "bored" lately.

We are having cabbage rolls and perogies for supper tonight.

The sky is blue and the birds are chirping. No wind today. I did some burning while dh was getting groceries. I might be extremely bored by Sunday if I keep tidying up.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 24, 2024 11:08 am

Good morning

I have every intention of having a fabulous Friday. Thank you Twins for the start today.

The storms last night were strong but no tornados by the time they passed over us. Many friends and family are without electricity now because the tornadoes tore up miles of electrical lines. Two tornadoes were estimated to be EF3 or EF4 and on the ground for 50 minutes 1/2 mile to 2 miles wide. Thankfully, they happened in the open country with only a couple homes being destroyed. If they had happened in urban area it would have been much worse.

I am trying to grasp how much DH can mentally do. He has good hours and confused hours. I haven't figured out when and why that happens. So far DH only task he has resumed is putting tea bags and hot water into our daily tea jars. I have had to start doing all the normal daily tasks in home care and kid care that DH used to do before this happened. I remain cautiously hopeful about his future mental status. I don't know what our new normal looks like yet.

I had 3 doctor appointments on the calendar for this week that I had to cancel. Two appointments were with the dermatologist and one appointment with the periodontist. As soon as I feel more comfortable with the stability of DH mental status then i will need to reschedule those appointments.

This morning, I took DS15 on an errand and then dropped him off at his boss's home. DS15 has a sore jaw. I suspect he has a wisdom tooth coming in. He doesn't want to go to the dentist. We have 3 medical appointments next week, so I am not eager to add another one. But I will if his jaw pain doesn't go away.

I woke up at 3am this morning to go to bathroom. In the quiet of the house I heard water running. I tracked down the sound which took me outside to find that I left the water running in the garden. The last time I was in the garden was Wednesday morning. I remember that DS15 came to the garden and asked me to give him a ride to work. I intended on turning the water off but apparently, I was talking with DS15 and walked off without doing it. Ugh. Our water bill is not going to be pleasant this month. Ohs well.

Next up - Laundry. Load transferred to dryer. Load into the washer.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 24, 2024 12:04 pm

I have moved the camera from the garden area to the fun room where DH spends most of his time during the day now. I also ordered another camera to observe DH during the night. I am truly not trying to stalk DH, but just need to know he is okay when I can't be with him. If the need arrives, I can talk to DH through the cameras.

Laundry is being squished and twirled.
Dishes are caught up.
Dinner is planned and in progress.
3D's are on track.

I've asked DS15 to mow our front yard during his lunch hour today. I don't know if DH remembers how to operate the mower but even if he does, I'm not comfortable with DH driving the zero-turn mower because it is so quick and powerful.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri May 24, 2024 12:16 pm

Hello girls…

LadyM…wise to install extra cameras. It will give you peace of mind.

Had a dead battery this morning so AAA came out and installed a new one. Happy for that

Went to my coffee gathering and am now home …after a quick change of clothes will start working on my MBR. Need to strip the bed because we are going to install our area rug in there.

Twins… enjoy your trip. Cathy.. how was your first sleep on your new mattress. I plan on buy on for my guest bedroom…my guess is the one I have in there is over 30 years old. Still
Sleeps well but I think it’s time for a new one.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 24, 2024 1:05 pm

Have done a quick errand
put some things in mail
walked ddoggo
hydration underway now.
:idea: Tried to get going with one the other day but it did not work no spout on the top so I ...
Got out my refillable hydration container from Woman of Faith. :mrgreen:
This one unscrews so I can more easily fill & or put ice in it and it has a smaller sippy spout.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 24, 2024 2:04 pm

Wise to take precautions, LadyM. Must be hard to be worried about him like this.

Dcleaning lady has done her thing.

I did research and responded to an HOA email, and wrote an HOA check and a cemetery check to mail tomorrow. I actually wrote two cemetery checks but think I figured out that I had already paid one. :shock: I also checked on balance in HOA account and emailed temple that I don't have the April bank statement, which she scans and emails to me. I bet I deleted it. This a.m. I sent off the DAR check for the upcoming year and renewed their little magazine.

I emptied our beach bag and rinsed off the sunscreen left in there from last year to get the sand off. Rinsed out the beach bag too and left to dry on the porch. And I got the mail.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 24, 2024 3:44 pm

I went out and ran errands. Mailed a package and dropped off two returns from my recuperation retail therapy online. Also went in and out a grocery (first time in over 1.5 months) and got eggs and a veggie for our supper, and I gassed up the car.

I have over 8K steps. I'm going to sit for awhile and just read.

Return to “Post When You Can”