Saturday '*•.¸♡ Spree ♡¸.•*'

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Saturday '*•.¸♡ Spree ♡¸.•*'

Postby Harriet » Sat May 25, 2024 7:44 am

What '*•.¸♡ Spree ♡¸.•*' will you go on over this weekend? :)

Is there a trip or long-weekend event, a get-together on your radar? Is there a project (or even tangent!) calling your name?

Mystery Woman will be traveling today on a trip to Toronto - hoping she enjoys the sights and the visit.

Twins' is getting all her gear ready to leave on a beach trip tomorrow.

I'll will be in the "get-together" camp with a graduation cookout this evening.

LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday '*•.¸♡ Spree ♡¸.•*'

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 25, 2024 8:53 am

Good morning!

Harriet - Thank you for the start today and with the cute & decorative fonts.

We don't have travel or entertainment plans for the weekend. I am hoping for some calm and quiet hours so DH brain can continue to heal & regain his memory and abilities.

DD12 is staying at DD47 home. I am not sure how long this stay will be. If DD47 lived in a safe neighborhood, I wouldn't object to DD12 having an extended stay. However, it seems a potentially dangerous environment for a young girl to be alone. The police are called several times a month because DD47 and the next-door neighbor don't like each other and need police intervention to calm their interactions. Across the street are boarded up homes that homeless people are living in without utilities. Those boarded up homes have caught fire a couple times because they are cooking meth in them. I have concerns about DD12 safety especially when DD47 leaves her alone for hours in that neighborhood. I am all for DD47 and DD12 spending as much time as possible together, but I wish it were in a safer environment.

After more consideration, our family doctor decided to put DH on blood thinner. We will go to the city and pick that prescription up today.

I will be making 8 cheeseburgers today. I wish I had a ripe tomato from the garden to slice, but none of my tomatoes have turned red yet. I do have onions ready to harvest so we can have fresh-from-the-garden onion slices.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat May 25, 2024 9:09 am

Hi!

No plans other than reading. There are 3 more books on the "donate" pile since I woke up this morning.

Right now there is a thunder and lightning show going on in our neighbourhood. I was hoping Mystery would have a dry day to drive to Toronto.

Our next door neighbours also have some type of construction going on as I see a truck parked on the road in front of their house and their vehicles are parked across the street in the field. Dh also parks there when he needs to. The business owner knows the vehicles are from both our homes and has no problem with us parking there.

Dh isn't supposed to do safeties on vehicles, something to do with the fact that we aren't in the proper "zoning" area. In other words, if you live in an area that is an "agricultural" zone, instead of a "commercial" zone, you can't write up a safety. Dh is still going to go over the car from bumper to bumper because a close neighbour has asked him to do it. I guess it's a pre safety. If anything is needed, I guess dh will also look after it. Then I think the neighbour will take it to another place to get the actual paperwork done. It's ridiculous, but rules are rules.

Dh wants to take me out for supper. I don't really want to go out.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 25, 2024 9:44 am

Today I was up at 4:30 birds woke me today and it was already getting lite outside.
I have done my journals. Sort of a cleaning spree here bc I'd put it to one type chore a day like vacuum yesterday.
Today is mopping day.

Got the kitchen swept and mopped this CI was my reward.
I need to move the rest of the stuff out of the dining room to sweep and mop in there, swept & mopped the dining room & hall.
The bathrooms are swept & mopped.
Trash is dumped as well.
Shook out rug too.

My step count is good today.
Made deviled eggs.
I Made bfast.
Need to make a call, done.
Put dining room chairs back.

Too wet to mow as it rained last evening.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat May 25, 2024 12:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat May 25, 2024 10:19 am

Morning y’all…

I have several errand to run this morning. Already did all my routines and watered my gardens. Phew, it’s hot out there with 95* plus humidity. Remind me why I moved her from the desert :D:

Life with an engineer with Alzheimer’s …yesterday we needs to place an area rug pad with the rug under my king size wooden bed. After clearing the room and moving furniture we had to take the king size mattress and Bo springs off and put them against the wall. Somehow we managed to get the mattress into our bathroom.

I wanted to take the bed apart but oh no Sweetie just wanted to slide the pad and then the rug under the bed. What a mess! I knew it wasn’t going to work, but I couldn’t get Sweetie to change his mind. It was very frustrating and I had to hold my tongue many times as he was insistent that this would work

Here’s part of the problem … neither the pad nor the rug were square to each other and the pad turned out to be bigger than the rug. After much maneuvering and manpower from both of us we finally got the rug where it needed to be. I knew the pad could be cut because I had recently cut one to fit another rug. However nothing we had …scissors or box uteri’s would do the job so off HD we went.

Bought a new box utter and since it was late afternoon we decided to eat at our favorite fast food place…that turned out to be a blessing

You see Thursday we worked in the attic and came out hot and sweaty… in fact Sweetie was dripping wet and so was his clothes. We had our dgd’s graduation to go to and I notice Sweetie had just rinsed his head off. He stunk! I kindly mentioned that to him and asked if he was planning to change his clothes and take a shower and he went off on me… never done that before.

So I backed off, went into the other room and considered my options. I couldn’t let him go like that and embarrass himself in front of others. Eventually he decided to take a swim in the pool…that worked for me and he did put on fresh clothes. He was still snarly to me.

So last night while we had just finished our meal i mentioned I noticed he was much more frustrated with in in the passing days and asked why… I figure it’s because he is frustrated with what’s going on in his head. He told me he knew he was and said he felt like I was trying to control him. I got that.

He say my concerns and helpfulness towards him as controlling him. We were able to clear the are and have a very positive conversation now that we each understand what’s going on.

Don’t know how long this will last but at least it’s a start. I told him it was difficult for me as it is for him because I don’t intentionally mean to step on his toes :D:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 25, 2024 11:22 am

We've had storms this morning, it was nice to sleep in to the sound of thunder and rain out. Dh is at Torah study and is going to Costco after to stock up.

I've been worn out the last two nights but still having trouble getting to sleep. I'm hoping the beach will break the cycle. I should have figured out my to-do list for today for an early departure tomorrow a.m. for the beach, but I didn't. (Early to me means 8 a.m. Probably dh will say that whatever I want to do is fine...) So I'll wing it!

Oooh, I bet it's a fine line with him, RR. Even w/o dementia, dh gets snarly if I try to direct him too much.

From last night, not completed: Our supper is grilled boneless chicken thighs and asparagus. First time I've taken charge of our dinner since early April. (We left on 3 April.) Yes, I'm just worn out tonight.

And on the subject of riding lawnmowers: The guy who mowed for us, briefly, also scared me. He was tearing around the yard, and he just looked dangerous to me. And I always know when he's in the neighborhood because his weed eater and blowers are the loudest ever!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat May 25, 2024 11:34 am

Poor Mystery. It's absolutely POURING down here. I think I might need to clean out the gutter above the living room window, which is the same wall as the small bedroom window. Both overlook the driveway. Water is coming down like I'm standing under the falls.

I am having a productive day dealing with all of my clothes in the bedroom. I have a large donate pile based on putting things in that pile that don't bring me joy. :lol: 8-) All of the black tops that dh hates are in a hanging suit bag on black hangers and they are at the very back of the closet. (I call this my funeral bag because everything in there is suitable for a funeral.)

I needed to take a short break, so this is it. Time to get back to it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 25, 2024 12:50 pm

I spent a couple hours in the kitchen. I cooked a big breakfast for us. Veggie/bacon/egg omelet, fried potatoes, biscuit & jelly. It felt good to be cooking basic food ingredients again. It seems we have been eating too much processed food all week.

I cleaned the countertop all the way around the kitchen (counters are on all 4 sides of the kitchen). Many items were decluttered and deep cleaned. DH has been doing the dirty dishes for a couple years, so I have mostly been hands-off in cleaning much of the kitchen. This week I have taken back that responsibility. My way of cleaning VS DH way is much different. I found myself enjoying the cleaning process and getting things back into order.

3D's are good to go.
Laundry is caught up
Dishes are caught up
Dinner is planned and prep'd.

Yesterday I asked DH if it was okay with him if I moved cameras and put up new ones. I explained where and why I am doing it. He was okay with it and told me to do whatever would be helpful.
Yesterday after DH forgot to do a couple basic tasks, I asked if he wanted me to set up cards for him (like the kids have). He thought about it for a few minutes and then decided it would be a good idea. Each day I lay the kids cards out on the table. Once completed the cards are tossed into a pile that I will later go through and refile as needed. I need to get DH cards set up today. I am starting with the minimum number of cards and will see how it goes.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 25, 2024 1:11 pm

Well, LadyM, some of the most "together" people I've ever known have used cards! :D ;)

Ramblin', it is true that HRH will really get testy with me if he perceives I've crossed the line from nagging to too much control. So, I agree that I think it's natural and kind of a classic husband/wife dynamic. Still, I can imagine how you felt at that moment when you had somehow (briefly) made him so much more unhappy with you than you'd dreamed you would. Hugs to you.

We have made the soccer team! Happy, happy! Definitely a Spree!

(Of course, it was all me - I'm totally responsible. not!)

Today is a day of secrets. I know all the special things done for various others, all to be revealed at cookout, lol. Keeping secrets from HRH, from ds, from our graduate, from the almost-newlyweds. Best thing for me to do is just have laryngitis for the afternoon, so as not to break any confidences!

Dd25 hung the spring "Baskets" quilt for me on the floor-to-ceiling quilt hangar in the den. Tobias posed there and I got a cute photo of him with dd.

I'm about to curl these "locks" of mine so that I look less like Phyllis Diller. Unlike Phyllis, I can't make money with an image like this.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat May 25, 2024 1:22 pm

LadyM… interesting conversation about your dh and setting up cards for him. One thing Sweetie mentioned I our talk last night is how he has routines that he does every day… this is true he’s done many of them for years. He still does them in the same order most of the time and even when he doesn’t he still gets those things done. He’s always been that way. I usually don’t say anything to him about it, but he told me
If I see him do things out of order I shouldn’t worry. He told me sometimes he has things on his mind he doesn’t want to forget.

The one complaint he has with me is that I seem to plan ahead for the week… not really it just seems that way to him. But he forgets that he asks me what my plans are for the day when we first get up. He keeps a big blotter type calendar in his office where we write everything down like dr appointments. We’ve always done this and for some reason talking about our weekly plans seems to agitate him and he can’t explain why.

Thanks Harriet… the problem is he’s never been like that with me..testy and such … and he a knowledges he’s behaving this way towards me. This is part of the Alzheimer’s and I expected it to get worse as time goes on. When this first started his dr put him on meds to help control the anger and my bet is since Sweetie has declined the meds may need to be upped. We go back in July so I’ll talk to his dr about it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”