Smilin' Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Smilin' Friday

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:50 pm

You've got to appreciate dhs who won't give up. HRH saved us $200 by continuing to repair that printer until he got it right, so things are now A-OK without purchasing a new one. I'm tickled about the money savings, and dd will be very relieved that we are not waiting on a delivery while she continues to hand-write reports, although HRH says he is not getting the hourly pay he is worth!

Elizabeth, I love Cracker Barrel! We don't have one close to us.

Very happy to hear the dry areas of the country are expecting rain - I hope OKay, Sadie and helia's extended family are blessed with some precip!!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Finished reconciling some credit card accounts and shredded the chits. I'm not sure that was a high priority action item. We should have left 40 minutes ago and I'm still fussing over papers. Sigh...

See you all tomorrow (or from a wifi hotspot along the way.)

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:28 pm

I am now printing the stuff that is due on Monday. It is possible that there may yet be some modifications, but getting printing done will speed things along. Today has been a really hard day because I have a deadline Monday and last night I didn't sleep well. Why not? I found out that the woman I suspected my XDH of being in love with is getting a divorce too. Our children are favorite friends.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:14 pm

HRH made spaghetti this evening and I'm just hoping it doesn't spoil our careful eating over the rest of the week. It was delicious!

Dd just wanted to chill in her room with Tobias and we decided to let her have a "wasted" evening after a hard school week.

Ddil is trying working from home as an RN - a lot of her work had already been in the form of case-worker type RN assignments and it turns out she may be able to turn that into exclusively at-home work while the baby is little. I hope it works out for her. It would certainly simplify their lives.

Indiana, I hope you feel more like yourself soon and able to get more done, enjoying some cooking.

Evening dailies done well here. Time for shut-eye.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Dd's flight was delayed. We were 90 minutes late leaving home, her flight is delayed 70 minutes and we had no travel slow-downs at all along the way so we have just over an hour to wait for her. Are currently at a McDonalds near the airport.

Dh drove from home to the Seaway (we had our fish and chips dinner there), then to the rest stop and finally to the gas stop. That was about 3/4 of the trip. I did the hard part from gas stop to the airport. Since there was 'no' traffic (i.e. the highway was running at full speed) we were able to cut about 20 miles off our route and just go straight through Toronto. I don't like driving it, but it was worthwhile to do it just so I know I can. There are places where it is 20 - 24 lanes across but I just picked a lane and stayed in it, 5 car lengths behind the car in front (whatever one it happened to be) until I had to switch to the highway to the airport.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Back from town, had a lovely day, got the kitchen picked up after dinner leftovers were great with spagitti squash just like I knew they would be.

Got some yarn a cone of white cotton, so I can work on a pouch for my diabetic supplies, and a cute mid-drift top, and dish cloth scrubbie.

Smoothie with peanut butter & cocoa & milk hum to be a smoothie does it have to have fruit in it? :idea: ROFLOL! Might be yummy! :mrgreen:

Return to “Post When You Can”