Tuesday at Tara

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday at Tara

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Good night, Sunny. I hope you and dh rest well tonight. I'm glad he's back in his own bed now.

Dh worked on the international business cards and I finished up all the family international and US. We've done 62 cards/newsletters so far. I'll need to print more newsletters so that's why I focused on only the US ones for tonight.

Speaking of US, ds came in with NotTheGirlFriend to drop off baked Ruffles for me. They were on their way back from a border run. Had a nice visit with her. She's already been invited to our Christmas Eve brunch. Hmmmmm, that was a family event but she's welcome. On the other hand, if she's NTGF, why did he invite her?!

Off to bed now, late. But a lot was accomplished tonight. Still a lot to be done, but we are at least half way now.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Oh, I am so glad you have all enjoyed your visit to Tara today!

I've gotta agree w/Kathryn... postwar Tara would DEFINITELY be too much work. Postwar lucylee house is apparently too much for me. * sigh * I don't know when I -- or if -- I will ever GMAT. I've just about given up hope of managing daily routines and weekly/seasonal cleaning until I retire. And then... who knows what will happen then. Between dh & I being together 24/7 and having a grandbaby to help with... well, I guess I'll have plenty excuses then, too. :( :oops: :roll:

Today was a fairly calm day at school, and I am giving a test tomorrow, so that will hold them for a little while. ;) But it's a very short test.
We're also facing a very SLIGHT possibility of some snow by Thurs. morning... possibly delayed start... and as I mentioned yesterday, I do NOT have time for any more interruptions.

We just got back from eating dinner w/my parents & ds & ddil. Ddad seemed to be very satisfied w/his birthday celebration.

Last night I fell asleep on the couch before 11:00, and I woke up @ 2:00 a.m. Went to bed and slept very well for the remainder of the night. I'd like to spend the night in one place tonight, however.

Sooo glad to hear Mr. Sunny is back home! Hope you both rest well tonight, Sunny! (((HUGS)))

Very interesting, Kathryn, about NTGF. Keep us posted. ;)

My post appears very disjointed and rambling. More so than usual, I mean. I guess I better sign off and try to get something done before I do fall asleep.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Well the carpet was cleaned today. I had to leave before they were done and told them to turn on the dehumidifier but they didn't. When I walked in my glasses fogged over. Later dh and I took over 4 fans and I put them in the basement. We had 4 ceiling fans going upstairs plus the bathroom exhaust fans. We also jacked up the temp on the furnace. Tomorrow morning I will go over and turn the fans and dehumidifier on again. I am determined that no one will walk on it until it is dry. I put on clean white socks when I was on it. Dh wouldn't take off his boots but he was amazed at how clean what he could see was.

My plan for tomorrow was to stay home and get a lot of things packed so that I can really hit the moving on Thursday and Friday. Then dd2 calls to see if I had time to watch the girls while she gets her hair cut and highlighted some time this week. Oh no, I don't have a thing to do! Grr! When I wasn't just jumping up and down, she said that she guessed her dh and I didn't really have 3 hours or so to spare, but would I be willing to split the time with him. I finally agreed. About 3 or 4 times a year, she decides her hair needed highlighted yesterday and something big is coming up and it just has to be done. It never fails that it is always at a time when I am extra busy.

Dd2 has never given us keys to the house. I already had one, several times she has mentioned that she should bring them. I am going to go have one made for dh tomorrow. I am too stubborn to ask for them.

I will be glad when this move is over. If we didn't need the space so bad, I sure wouldn't be moving.

Today I went to the flooring store and bought a remnant of vinyl. I am going to use it to line the kitchen shelves, plus put it under the washer and dryer. Otherwise they would be sitting on concrete. I bought a thicker kind, so that it will lay flat and not move around. I used the vinyl leftover from this house on these shelves and it is so easy to take care of and looks nice.

It is good to see that Mr. Sunny is home.

Guess I better start getting ready for bed. Tomorrow is another busy day.............

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:02 am

Welcome home to Mr. Sunny! Good planning wishes to Sunny.

Have spent the evening marathoning cards, with little breaks for 15 mins of exercise and first aid when dd cut her toe (it's 1001 times now that I've told that girl to wear shoes in the house).

Finally a call-back from the spay-neuter clinic and we have an elaborate appt for the 22nd and are $85 dollars poorer (incl rabies vac). There will be a 30-minute group lesson on aftercare when we pick him up. Who knew. Traveling to that town/city about 30-40 mins away makes me think of mamapiano. Last time she visited family there we were able to meet for lunch, a few years back. I hope she is happy and well, enjoying a fun and musical Christmas season. Does anyone ever "see" her at other world wide web locales?

I am late to bed. Nitey-nite!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:13 am

Well.....if we're at Tara and there's all those servants can I get them to do the waiting jobs?

Went for a short walk while dh did his. I was sensing 'grumpiness' from him this morning -an unusual state for him. Prayed that he'd come back from his walk feeling a little more chipper and he did! :D Wondering if he's not feeling up to snuff -that's usually when he's a little out of sorts -when he's not feeling well.

DH talked to dcampowner and he won't be getting his check this week. His dsecretary fell and broke her leg and he wasn't aware dh still had time coming. Not a big deal here -we'll get it when we get it. He should be about done with his extra checks anyway.

Cleaned out the fridge today -dd had done it (somewhat) before we arrived, but there was something smelling. Found a sald with ONION in the crisper drawer in a take-home box and that was deemed the culprit. Good time to clean out the fridge however with the holidays coming.

DD's dr. was very pleased with her yesterday. She's lost 18 pounds since we got here. The Dr. had upped her thyroid medicine and suggested dd might want to try a diet without potatoes, bread, (white stuff). She's been doing that and feeling good and not deprived. Not sure what she'll eat tonight as we're having mashed potatoes, beef tips and broccoli. Broccoli and meat she'll eat. My weight is slowly creeping down (VERY slowly), but my blood sugar is fantastic for the past few weeks -the only time it wasn't I finally realized I hadn't put the Vitamin D in my daily pill box. :roll:

Well, it's Wednesday morning now and I just realized this has set here since yesterday morning! :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”