Smilin' Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Smilin' Friday

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:57 pm

Indiana, do take care! We love you much and are all pulling for you -sorry you're having to go through this again though.

Speaking of 'resonating', Kathryn. I can't go shopping except I remember our dpastor at the time (now not too far from Indiana) saying how he'd noted that all the shoppers (this was at Christmas time) seemed to be devoid of smiles. I have remembered that for over 30 years and try to have a smiling face WHENEVER I'm out and about.

Got a letter from our medical insurance today. AT LONG LAST!!!! Beginning January 1st we will have ONE number for both medical and pharmical insurances. Perhaps only then our problems with the MED CO will go away. They won't be able to confuse the numbers, RIGHT? I couldn't be happier to see that note! May even send an email to our insurance company to let them know how happy that makes me! :D :D

How IS that leg, Harriet? Reminds me of my right one -started having a shooting pain in the thigh years ago. Ever since it has remained numb. Feeling was it came from the syatic nerve. It's a very weird feeling actually.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:15 pm

I have several things to :mrgreen: smile about! :arrow: The stew I made in the crock pot yesterday was great and we have left overs for dinner tonight!
I rested yesterday after getting the house spiffed up.
We had a dreary drissly day here yesterday so today I can really appreciate & anticipate brighter weather I see blue sky coming.
Today I've slept in went back to bed joining the ranks of you that had broken sleep last night.
Got on the scales my wt. is about the same I'm glad they are not up.
B.S. is great today yea!
Some errands to tackle later and Rx to pick up glad I got that called in!
s2s is done!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dove

Postby Dove » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Quick post & run ...

I love smiling at people who aren't smiling & see them smile back :) .

((Indi))

Have a good day, everyone! :D

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Oh, I'm better. Tender, but I'm all here now. :roll:

You go along for, say, 55 years or so, pretty much used to your thigh. And then off it goes, on some out-of-body experience, leaving you behind to wonder if it was something you said. Or maybe it's just mad and not speaking to you anymore because you treated it roughly. It's saying, "Be that way, then. See how you do without me." It's a study. :?

I believe I definitely injured myself, with muscles from ankle to derriere on the left side pulled but not yet protesting with full pain. But I was determined to get to the church on time, then to get a parking space, to get inside and make as nice an appearance/condolences as I could in a short time, to hurry back to ds in case there was any trouble for my ddad. I literally told myself I didn't have time to think about it, buck up! And then continued the marathon plan :arrow: with a long trip through Wally W to get as much shopping done as possible on concrete floors. It makes you question your thought processes, for sure. HRH says he'll find the hole and fill it.

I wonder, does a dog always remember where it dug a hole in a lawn, or does the dog trip right into it just like everybody else, and feel foolish. Like Ellen DeGeneres' sketch about tripping... ... "I meant to do that" and peers around to see if anybody saw him looking so un-canine-like.

Norma

Postby Norma » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Good Morning All! I have a big smile :D on my face today because I just received our "Picture of the Day" from DD. It is dggd in her "hello kitty" pink suit and the hello kitty necklace I gave her around her neck. She is smiling "big". I love it. I think she was on her way to storytime at the local Starbucks. She loves it. She is sooo funny. I have to share this....the other morning she got on the phone and said "I have a question. Gramma Norma, Papa forgot my M and M's and I haven't had any for a year"!! :lol: We just totally crack up.

Our little town is very friendly and most people smile when you are meeting them coming in and out of stores, restaurants, etc. I love it! Strangers, but yet not so strange. :D

Kathryn, getting ready for your Thanksgiving brings a smile and a memory to my face. Many years ago my Dad flew his little Luscombe airplane to Central B.C. to have Canadian Thanksgiving with our dear (long departed) friends. Mother was working and didn't go. In her seat all strapped in sat a 25 lb. turkey ready for the oven. It is a story still being told in our family. Now that my folks cabin was burned down last winter it is a bittersweet memory. But, I am dealing better with that now. There are too many good memories to treasure about the cabin.

Great weekend for you all. :D
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

OKay

Postby OKay » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:48 pm

(((Indiana)))) Hang in there GF!! You are in my thoughts and prayers while going through this rough patch.

B = Bacon, eggs, salsa, green chilies, hot cheese (DH has pita bread too). LO had cheerios, applesauce and milk
L = Pizza! YUM!
D = Chicken Breast & vegetable sides
Fruit of the day = Pineapple
Vegetable of the day = fresh green onions

During our outside time this morning, I was busy doing this and that and felt rain drops hitting me!! It stopped me in my tracks and I looked up at the sky in expectation. *VBSigh* Not yet. The water drops I felt was from the 30 mph wind blowing the sprinkler water. HOWEVER, it was fun for a moment. Anticipation continues!! :lol:

I am thinking about tracking how many days a year I eat from our vegetable garden. I don't think I ever eat JUST from the garden, but I wonder how many days a year I eat SOME thing fresh. Curiosity has me intrigued at the idea.

On the way home from morning MPB chores I saw a garage sale just opening up. I almost didn't stop because it would put me behind schedule, however they were in process of setting out some toys for LO age group so i pulled over. I am soooo glad I stopped!! It was a wonderful garage sale (high quality items at rock bottom prices). I'm still sorting through the items bought. I need to spend 15 minutes in LO closet and pulled out some of the cooler summer clothes and put them in GW bag so there will be room to hang up light weight winter clothes.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Harriet if squirrels are any indication they leave nuts that grow up to be trees in the back yard so I guess dogs would do the same forget where they burried / "planted" a bone.
Some folks carry job stress in lower back and I've had my lower back go out and caused a pinched nerve before.

Okay I've been looking at our veg. patch and thinking I should go look at the tomato situation.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:53 pm

I've managed to wrap the two presents for our hostess' 1 year-old daughter. It is a Mega-blocks train and then another 100 assorted pieces. Mega-blocks are much larger than Duplo but, if I recall, the smallest piece will connect to the largest Duplo, just like the smallest Duplo connects to the largest Lego. Anyway, together the gifts form a 30" by 12" triangle and represented a massive wrapping challenge.

I decided upon a sheet, but then found a body-pillow case in the drawer and the items fit inside together. Yay! Went to zip it up and the zipper was broken. That took 40 minutes to fix (dh was helping and wouldn't give up.) The present is now wrapped and the bow and some ribbon is all of the wrapping that will end up in landfill. And if no-one wants either of those, I'll bring them home and reuse them!

I've had my lunch and packed my stuff. Still have to pack the food I'm taking (if any) and the platter on which to serve the fruit plate I'm to bring.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Hmm.... I need to smile. I've spent today having coffee with dh, on the phone with various friends, had lunch with dfriend on campus per our usual Friday lunch routine, and then making travel arrangements for daunt's funeral which is Monday afternoon. Actually, that is a very serendipitous; I get to spend tomorrow at home - nothing on the calendar since we were intending to be out of town. I fly out Sunday and return Tuesday - and don't miss Hebrew class Wed. nor my teaching the moms group on Thursday. I will need to focus and study and prepare on the flights, though.

Weather here is unbelievable! Highs are to be up to 79 today, 81 tomorrow. Sunny and clear! I'm loving it! :) Ironically, it may be cooler and rainy when I travel to KS, which dfamily in KS would really like. I wonder if their weather is similar to OK's. They have been having a bad drought.

I'm skimming and thinking of you all.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:27 pm

I'm so tired again and my deadline extension is only until Monday. This project is so kludgy. I just want to sleep, but I have DD tonight. I jut realized I have her Thanksgiving, how am I to entertain her on a holiday? I am hoping Cracker Barrel will have Thanksgiving dinner for me. Tomorrow, maybe we will go to Explora (a children's museum). If I do that I will take lots of fabric for their craft area. I reupped our membership last week. I've got to get some energy. I'm having trouble functioning.

Return to “Post When You Can”