What it is Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: What it is Wednesday

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:52 am

Morning....

Oh Harriet I hate it when one looses a tree that is tied to so many memories. It's like losing a dear friend.

I am having a bit of a "this and that" day. House needs to have a major footprint removal moment.

I also have Wimbledon going on. I love to watch it and work my "things to do" around it.
I never feel bad about it because it only happens once a year. My mom was a great tennis player late in life... She started when she was 55... And enjoys watching. it as well. Watching the matches even though we are far from each other gives us something to talk about. We both like the same players so we have fun knowing the other is watching.

Dinner for tonight is cooked. Kitchen is clean, just need to empty the dishwasher a sky bed needs to be made. I will dust as I watch and ride my gazelle a litter later on.

Dee.... A tablespoon of mustard or a swallow of pickle juice will ease foot and leg cramps. When I'm having a bad night I keep my mustard on my night stand. Athletes use mustard all the time and keep restaurant size packs with them when they run races.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:11 pm

Interesting, RR. Have heard of athletes drinking pickle juice but have never heard of mustard. Hard to think of swallowing a whole tablespoon of mustard. Guess you would have to really like mustard. I can take it in small doses on sandwiches -occasionally.

Have dh's sandwich for lunch almost put together. I'm just waiting to see if possibly he brings down my new skillet. Making toasted cheese with sandwich pepperoni and a little pizza sauce. Yummy.

DD and dgs11 have gone to DS-A's house to go swimming. This was a win-win situation for DS-R and ddil-R. They had this pool for several years -it really has lasted very well- for her 2 girls. Don't think dgs11 got to use it much at all as they were here most all summers. They gave it to DS-A a few years ago and it is well used by all of them, as well as this dgs. And DS-R doesn't have to maintain it. 8-)

Dh is really rather late for lunch. He's usually here just about the stroke of noon. Expect him any minute now. I'll just wait.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:15 pm

Good morning! I have checked the data loads and updated the enrollment database. Next up is finish the new field research. Really want to get that off my desk today.

Last night, I did get the last things done that I listed: final two daily chores + fold LOL. Having a clean MBR makes me want to get the LOL off the bed. I need to spread the clean to the rest of the house - if there is time, I will get on the LR tonight. Tonight is a dance class (the one I am not excited about) and I must get the church webwork done before tomorrow. It is the monthly calendar stuff. It needs to be done tomorrow, because the pastor will be talking to a real web designer Thursday. My criteria for a redesign is that a non-professional (me) should be able to maintain it.

I just called my "unemployed" friend for an update on her court situation, forgetting she is now my temp worker friend (yeah!). We made a 'date' to talk on the phone tonight after dance.

Ramblinrose said: "a sky bed needs to be made. I will dust as I watch and ride my gazelle a litter later on." Am I the only one mystified?

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi all. Trying to catch up around here. I think it's the heat and humidity, but I seem to have no ambition these days. We did go to fireworks Monday eve. and sat in a sparse drizzle under a rainbow till it stopped. We took the back way out of the traffic and found it way better than the main road. Followed a bunch of people who also did the same.

Yesterday's mail was catch-up from the no-mail holiday and I was slammed; sat and processed all that in the afternoon so today's desk chores were easier. I am working on filing today and catching up the house. Must update 3 spreadsheets before I leave the office.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:12 pm

Journaling done.
Took pics of back yd fruit.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:42 pm

I am pleased how my day has progressed so far. The day started with LO climbing in my bed to snuggle. I completed all the AM cards which I have been lax on doing 100% lately. Took LO to DMom for them to spend the day together at her request. DH and I went to town for 3 must-do errands. We enjoyed eating lunch together without little ones (rarely happens).

DH and I will cook 4 large lasagnas and 84 pieces of garlic bread for church meal tonight. We will cook it at the church using the 3 ovens there. That means we don't have to transport that much hot food 20+ miles. However it also means we have to go a couple hours early.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:12 pm

What it is...

Well, again, I was doing fairly well... d2s, breakfast & Bible done... and then I got pulled into the computer again.

Pest control lady and insurance lady returned calls from yesterday, so that's good.
I need to call dmom and then I need to GMAT.

I don't know WHY it is so hard for me to do the simplest little tasks consistently. Like s/s bathrooms daily. Or keeping up w/the WHB. Not to even mention the ZONE work... good grief. If I had married someone like ds, instead of someone like dh, there is no telling what this house would look like. * sheesh *

Oh -- I do need to give Kathryn (and the rest of you) some movie reviews!

Did I mention that we saw The Free State of Jones? Someone else here had family who saw that recently. (Dee?) I wonder if they liked it. We liked it -- or at least I did -- but dh (of course :roll: ) had a lot of criticisms of it. Partly b/c he's an OCD ex-history teacher :roll: and partly b/c it puts the South in such an unfavorable light. (There are no stories in our area of Southern armies raiding their own people for food & clothing, etc. But I did get dh to admit there could have been some kind of nut case in another isolated area who did mistreat his own people.) We have a friend who is actually related to the Jones family, and he said according to his family stories all was true, except the part where the "rebels" raised the USA flag at the plantation home. (That's in the previews, so no spoiler there.) It was an extremely interesting story, IMHO, however.

We saw Tarzan last night. We both liked it. About what you'd expect, but it was good.

While we were in Atlanta, we saw
first, Genius -- the story of Thomas Woolfe. We both liked it also. I knew virtually nothing about his personal life, in spite of my English degree. He was pretty crazy, but a lot of "genius" type artists seem to be, don't they? Now I want to read more of his work.

and second, Love & Friendship. It's from a Jane Austen story/novella? (I think.) DH put that one right up there w/Meryl Streep in Julie & Julia, as his worst movie of all time. LOL!!! He said the only difference between him at that movie and me at a ballgame was that he couldn't play on the phone for the duration. :lol: The British accents were hard to get used to and sometimes I would have a hard time understanding what they were saying, but I enjoyed it. It's not a very deep story -- a beautiful, fairly young widow (of some questionable reputation) wants to find a new husband. It was very funny in some places, but you'd have to be a lover of all things British/Downton Abbey style stories to enjoy it. (DH is not into all that.)

So... I give them all thumbs up, dh would be 2 thumbs up, 2 thumbs down. That's What It Is. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:23 pm

This yr. We only had three fireworks related fires no structures on our side of the river, easily contained & put out even though it was windy compared to 17 last yr. The firechief said on the news yesterday.

Today I am working on warping my table loom made excellent progress today it is a narrow red and white warp, I am thinking scarf, basket liner, gift bag, or table runner, Christmas stocking some of the possibilities are fun to think about.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:30 pm

Right, Harriet. Unfortunately his speech is peppered with every other word practically being a curse word. Find it very offensive.

Well, our outdoor temp is reading 100. First time I've seen that in a very long while.

Dh and I just came back from town. He wanted a watermelon and bleu cheese dip. He went in to get them and came out to get me out of my nice cool car -his wallet was at home. Then went to the hardware for something for the campground. He'll be down in a few to bring in the watermelon and my printer that arrived here today. Shouldn't take much to get it set up.

Hoping it'll cool down later so I can go for my walk. If it doesn't then I'll head out to the gym where there's a walking track. "Plan B"
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi! I've really missed being here with everyone. I've tried to stay cuop, but not very well. I tried to post last evening when dgd asked if I would go to the grocery store with her.

This is the first day since we arrived in Virginia that we haven't made a trip out, even if just for groceries. Dson is back to work today and ddil had a Dr. appointment. I've paid a few bills, balanced my checkbook and picked up my/dh's footprints.

Sunday morning we went to a Farmers Market. Ddil got a variety of squashes for our supper and fresh corn for our dinner on the 4th. I got some sugar free jam for dh. The 4th of July here was a soggy day. Dgs14 was supposed to march with his scout troop in their community parade, but the parade was cancelled due to rain in the area. We had showers on and off all day. We had planned to go out to one of the local fireworks displays, but no one wanted to sit in the rain. We ended up having a picnic dinner here. Dgd18 had two of her girlfriends stay over Sunday and Monday nights. The one girl's mom and sister came for dinner and we played Scattergories and watched A Capitol Fourth on tv. We had our own fireworks show put on by ds and dgson!

Yesterday everyone slept in a little except Papa who made pancakes for our breakfast. We took a short trip down to Fredericksburg to tour the Chatham Manor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatham_Manor or https://www.nps.gov/frsp/learn/historyc ... hatham.htm

The house is still in good shape after our family cleaning party to prepare for the 4th of July picnic. The kitchen is cleaned up and my bed is made. I've gathered enough clothes from dh and I for a LOL. Might as well get it started now.

I think I will drink water instead of coffee for a few days, like Dee. The last few days I have had to eat tums regularly. I usually have two cups in the morning and sometimes one at dinnertime. I think it is the brand they buy that doesn't agree with me. They use regular and dh & I use half reg. and half decaff. Also, ds likes his stronger than I do.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”