Thorough Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Thorough Thursday

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:49 am

After while crocodile :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:01 am

Oh, RR, you know as well as I do that the Music Bowl in Nash-vegas isn't a real bowl for TN. (Ducking and running!)

Updated PODA:
-pick up meals for dmom
-gas up the car
-massage
-visit dmom
-pick up at cleaners for dh
-call dr office/ins re dd's allergy testing (why not pd?) DONE
-do emissions testing for my Honda Pilot so I can do license renewal before 12.31
-what else?

I've also been moving back into my desk and trying to deal with some of the accumulated papers around here.

Gotta get moving.
-wash up, brush teeth, get dressed
-finish breakfast (boiled egg)
-make the bed
-get gift card ready for massage therapist
-out the door, hoping I can get meals before massage appt
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:10 am

I have put a sheet over my tree, one I had a fabrac draw string bag for the top part.

KidN comes this afternoon so we can bake cookies then. I tis time to head out and do hens chores.

We have -2 in our forecast next week ack.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:12 am

Being thorough would be a great goal for today. I very thoroughly managed not to meet my goals yesterday. I think I only met half of them, the ones related to bringing the meal to the family. I did get clean sheets on the MBR bed. And Dh and I did finish S and R's Christmas gifts last night, so that's a bonus. I still need something fun for tot J. I think we're celebrating with them Saturday night, New Year's Eve?? That still needs to be confirmed.

Our Univ. team is going to the Orange Bowl. Our last loss to our big rival in double overtime last fall was a bit painful. Our new coach seems to be doing well with the team in general though.

I used to love adult coloring books when I was in high school! That was in the early 1980s before they were popular. Dd21 really likes them too. I bought her a super intricate one for Cmas -- it was on her list. She doesn't go so much for flowers either, more for animals or natural scenes. I wonder if I'd enjoy one now?

The workers are here moving the stove upstairs. By the end of today, we'll have our kitchen back -- sink, new fridge, DW, and stove all in place and hooked up. And the pulls are going to be put on the cabinet doors today. We can start moving back into the kitchen tomorrow!

I took photos of the counters yesterday. I might put together an album and put it on FB and maybe put some photos here too. The living room and computer room are not done yet, so we're still in process. But it will sure feel good to have the kitchen back!

I'm wording my goals carefully.

Possible Goals for Today:
1. Progress on New Year's Card
2. Tidy Living Areas
3. Go for a jog this afternoon with dh -- the arboretum hill, I think.
4. DPCs
5. Reading and study for moms group teaching in 2 weeks :shock:
6. Deadhead gardens

I'm up, s2sed, have done dog care, and am working on my first mug of tea. I'm off to get the a.m. routine finished, now that it's after 10 a.m.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:25 am

Twins... I know abt tenn boo hiss again. Maybe next year ;)

Nancy... I was just telling Sweetie that I once had a friend who had a closet under her stairway. That's where she kept her Cmas tree. All she had to do every year was pull
It out for the holidays and then push it back in when it was over :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:35 am

Heading out now...pick up meals, gas up car, then massage. Maybe I'll be relaxed by the time I get to dmom's?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:48 am

Good Morning!

I didn't realize until this morning that the humidifier wasn't refilled before going to bed. Unfortunately, I learned how much difference it makes in the ability to easily breathe & sleep. Hopefully, I won't make that mistake again. Two more days of antibodies. Goooo away bronchitis!

I cooked ham & cheese omelets for breakfast. They turned out excellent.

I have updated income for the year so I could make sure charity amounts were in our chosen portion. Expenses haven't been updated in more months than I am willing to admit. I have the spreadsheets set up so that is the hardest part. I will work on filling the details in with a goal of finishing by EOY.

I sorta wish I was a football fan so I could get excited about the bowl games. Our state team is playing LucyLee's team this year. I will try to remember to watch it just to see the fans. I can pretend that I know what LucyLee looks like and watch for her to show up on TV. I will be looking for the most kind hearted person attending the game......wearing a poncho :)

I have the desire to store the Christmas tree in a sealed container. I have read too many stories of mice & insects making their home in the branches during the months of storage. If I didn't know it was sealed, I would be reluctant to touch it when taking it out of storage the next year. Yes, I am weird.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:29 pm

My Christmas tree gets put away in a long narrow box, and decorations in another bin. It is easy because it's small. My former MiL used to have a white tree that she pulled a plastic bag up around the top and tied shut and put in her basement. The plastic bag was pulled down and left under the tree skirt every year. It was about the same size as mine, but up north people have attics and basements!

DH is still putting the tree on in the mornings when he gets up and I still put it on in the evening. After this weekend I will quit putting on the outside lights. I'm sorry to see it all go.

I am being thorough with my end of year chores. I have written 2 checks to be sent out in 2017, sent one statement, 1 personal check to the mailbox. I have a huge stack of 2016 filing to do and I have a couple spreadsheets to fill in. I did get my medical spreadsheet done for the cpa. We haven't been able to itemize in a few years, but I give it to him just in case.

I would like to do some sewing today, don't know if I will get to that or not. I definitely want to take a little time to fill out my 2017 calendar.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:37 pm

We're barely football fans here. We just follow a bit when the people around us get excited about our team.

Does anyone else here only buy real Christmas trees? Dh refuses to do a non-real tree. I guess for us, we can also support an "industry" in our state by buying real trees. We always buy from the same upstate farm that comes down to our city to sell. Also, because we do real candles on the tree, dh buys a particular sort that looks a bit sparser for obvious safety and practical reasons. That's the sort his family would get in the Netherlands, also to be adorned with tree candles. Early in our Michigan sojourn, we went out to a local Christmas tree farm and found and chopped our own tree a couple times as we were told that was a Michigan tradition. I think we concluded that was a painful tradition (for us) with 3 small kids and a playful dog at least once (puppy Pepper at the time) and some arguing and complaining and a large time commitment, driving about an hour each way. . . We quickly started going for the easier route, buying an already cut tree in the city, especially once our schedules seemed to be careening out of control. We have friends who still go out to a farm and chop their own tree every Christmas, including Anna's family.

The idea of a non-real tree sure sounds convenient, though. We have to dispose of our tree every January. One year, it sat in some underbrush on our property until the next summer when we could drag it off.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Our tree is not real & lite up now. On the gloomy day it is fun. I think adult coloring books have too much detail tiny spaces to fill in. Watching Splash & Bubbles on pbs bc of the art and color in it. Did a sketch. Watched art how to u tubes.

Wind is howling outside
Hens, dog & people have been fed.
S2s x.
Bed spiffed.
Journaling x.

:arrow:
Next up laundry, xx
peek at planner, get an idea for dinner. X Ac-choo sneezing a bit but feeling reasonably well. Tea time the water and diet juice & vits. Got a letter off. Eggs are peeled.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”