take that Thursday!!!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: take that Thursday!!!!

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:45 am

Thanks, Blessedw2. That clears it up for me.

I'm thinking our super outfits are aprons?
Harriet and I would agree, Harmony. :D Speaking of which perhaps I will don that magic cape (AKA apron). It does make a difference -at least for me.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:06 pm

I'm seeing an cape flying as an adjusted apron. Wear it as you will.
A little imagination is required. I guess. Take care not to strangle oneself.

Putting out the tea things for Pandora. A vase of flowers as well.
☕☕☕☕
✿✿✿✿✿
☕☕☕☕

My Thursday
cancelled helper when they were going to get here so late that getting to a 2pm appointment was not guaranteed. bar humbug.
groceries. PA
put on shoes to walk and then the rain came tumbling down, so glad I wasn't out in that.
Dishes done.
Cooked extra tonight to finish up the chicken.
I may turn what is left into 2 more meals.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:44 pm

I'm so slow. I had left earlier to go pick up meals and visit dmom, then realized that I can actually do that tomorrow morning. I was originally shopping with dfriend M tomorrow but she's had to go out of town to help her dsis out.

Dcleaning lady is working her magic also.

-find thingie in the garage to hide extension cord, and see if I can work that magic
-take something for headache :shock:
-take down birds' nest again, wildlife lover that I am, the front porch entrance is not a good place
-call dbro and let him know I"ll be there in the a.m.
-check supplies of disposables
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Yes an apron is perfect!!! d harmony

hi again quick... I probably won't see you all until tomorrow... have a wonderful day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:59 pm

What a quiet day in the village! I ran to the grocery while dcleaning lady finished up. I had cleaned up the front porch a bit after getting the bird nest down, it is so hot and humid already today! I think it will be too warm for the fire pit this evening!

-start bread in the breadmaker
-wipe outside chairs, finish straightening up back patio
-finish trying to hide cords by dh's chair
-straighten up my desk (or hide some things?)
-make the 7 layer mediteranean dip (hummus, cukes, tomatoes, olives, cilantro, leaving off the pine nuts because ds is allergic to tree nuts)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Boy – I certainly NEED a big dose of “can do attitude” and energy, blessed. Thanks for the push.
One goal?
Hmmm…
I’ll go for three:
1. Walk (keeping up my streak – today will make FOUR days in a row!
2. Clean dh’s shower
3. Cook supper
I know #3 will get done, b/c I won’t let dh starve, you know… but I’m kinda on a slow start for the first two. I don’t know… if my mother were acting like me, I’d say she was depressed. Maybe I am depressed, about all this * stuff * we’re going through with dh. Eating at home all the time does get boring after a while, and worrying about dh all the time definitely gets stressful and tiring. All I want to do is eat and sleep.

BUT – I am going to ci: with all of you, put the hamburger meat out to thaw, and go outside to walk. I am going to put on my “cape” and be a superhero today!!!

(((Dee))) I’m so sorry you had a bad night. And I hear you about doing something different about weight issues… boy… I’ve got to get a grip on mine. You’d think dh eating healthier would be having a great spillover effect for me, too, but no… I just feel sorry for myself and over-indulge in sweets and junk food.

Sending lots of good wishes to LadyM & ds8! You are in the same city where my ddad had cancer treatments, right? That IS a huge medical district… amazing… Praying the “ticologist” has some good ideas for ds8! (((BIG HUGS)))

Sounds like a LOT of rain, Nancy… with roadslides and everything, I mean. Be careful!

AustinGranny, I need to review some things too and kinda press re-start. (My husband has been having health problems since the first of the year, and dealing with him has taken all MY mental energy. He is not bedridden or anything – he’s just spent a couple weekends in the hospital and is on a heart monitor/external defibrillator now.)

Hope you have a good evening with your guests, Twins, and I hope your dmom is doing okay.

Sounds like you’re off to a great start, Harmony! So glad you had a chance to talk with your dd!

Hmmm… I have never been one to wear an apron. (I know Harriet is so disappointed in me, and I am sure I could have protected a few of my shirts if I HAD worn an apron at times.) I feel slightly stronger though with my walking shoes laced up and my shorts on, ready to go outside.

Kathryn, you are NEVER boring!

Take care not to strangle oneself.
;) Good reminder, Lynlee!

* SIGH * I'm afraid I take TOO much care not to "strangle myself." I just indulge myself TOO much, with food and the internet and sleep and just general piddling around doing nothing... and then I feel so terrible that I have not accomplished anything. I should make a master list of all the things I feel guilty about NOT doing, and really concentrate on putting some kind of effort into each of these things each day. Even 15 minutes a day would help, but the projects seem overwhelming and it is hard to get started. I'm thinking, just off the top of my head right now...
-- pictures into picture albums
-- scrapbook stuff into page protectors & notebooks
-- organize and declutter bookshelves
-- organize toys in baby room
-- "study" closet and see what items are needed in my wardrobe. I haven't bought any clothes (except a few casual tops) in approx 4 years (since I retired) This one is depressing though, b/c $$ is short, if we plan on trading cars in December, which we do plan on doing.

I meant to tell Lilac, in re: to what you said the other day about your dd probably thinking, "What would my parents do?" and then doing the opposite. LOL!!! YES!!! I'm convinced ds does that, in order to avoid becoming so OCD like his ddad. AND to avoid becoming a worrier like me! I envy his laid-back approach to things, but OTOH, it drives me crazy, and I do worry about their finances, just like dh does. But you can't live their lives for them, can you? And he really is so "practically perfect in every way" that it's pretty easy to overlook the little things I think he could do better.

Well... there are probably other things I meant to respond to from earlier in the week. This is the first chance I've had at the computer in several days without dh wanting it or dgrands wanting ME!
So far today, I have done a Sudoku puzzle, done part of my daily Bible reading, talked to ds on the phone, talked to dfriend on the phone, and eaten breakfast. Not much to show for 2:30 in the afternoon, is it? :oops:
I'm going out to walk now.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:17 pm

We are home. I have 4 minutes until I leave to pick up DGD5 from school. She spent the last 2 nights with DGS19 and it did not go well (according to DGD5). She begged DD to not make her go back and said she only wants to come here.

Alarm just went off.. **POOF**
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Taking a break. My clothes are trashed. An apron would have been appropriate today, but there's been a lot of crawling around so maybe not.

I got my bedroom done except for clean sheets on. Sheets washed and hanging. 1 big load of throw rugs washed and slung on chairs outside to dry. I love our fence. Now nobody can see I have a chinese laundry in my back yard.

Towels going now.

House was not really that bad, but it sure looks better now. I even got the fan / light and a/c grill in my bedroom, which required bringing in the 6' ladder. Gotta love these high ceilings.

Master bathroom and bedroom done. Hallway to office mopped. Another herd of rabbits chased out. I just did that didn't I where does all this stuff come from?

Office hasn't been done, papers and dust everywhere. And I emptied the shredder so there is a mess on the floor. I'll get to this when I can.

Disheartening to find how much harder this marathon cleaning is. Getting up and down. Climbing. Wiping. Hard hard hard. I noticed today for the first time my fingers were aching from yesterday's work. I haven't been aware of arthritis in my hands before except for not being able to open jars like I used to. This is the first time there's been pain.

Ok, I'm back to do something. Run the vacuum back here in the office I guess.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:36 pm

One goal?
Hmmm…
I’ll go for three:
[x] 1.Walk (keeping up my streak – today will make FOUR days in a row!) Today -- 1.6 miles, dh walked .4 and made it MUCH better than yesterday's .2
[ ] 2.Clean dh’s shower
[ ] 3.Cook supper * hamburger meat thawing now

(((Harmony))) Sorry you're aching, but WTG on all that cleaning!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:41 pm

Back home from de-rocking the place, I want to clean up the patio but it rained. X I got wet hiding rocks but it was great to get out and about. One great thing about the rain is solitude at the parks & fishing hole for hiding rocks. Sun is out now yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”