Sunday Storm, Snow and Sunshine

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: Sunday Storm, Snow and Sunshine

Postby Lilac » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:12 pm

Power out again. Afraid it will be awhile this time. All roads to and from town closed. Even the police station is without power. 911 working but people keep calling for non emergency things.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:18 pm

I am so sorry your power went out.. hope it comes on soon d lilac

welcome home d twins!!!

I had a nice talk with dh after I looked up people who live in the past a lot especially over negative experiences; especially about his self worth etc. It was a very good talk. I found out a lot of why he feels how he feels - It was a really good thing even if uncomfortable at first. Hoping it helps him look to the positive and the present more.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:40 pm

CI - bs is up in ack land today. I am fine a bit if wind here 60* out now. Took out 2 dead roses put the new ones in back. Pruned one other rose bush as well. I will have to wait in ones for the front yd. till next yr.

Shoulder us better but a bit tender. Neck is fine.

Watching twc to see where the deep snow is.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Oh my, Lilac, that's a lot of snow! Be safe! Weather channel just said 200,000 are without power in 10 states. :shock: (((Hugs))) and prayers for your dfamily!

Yes, so many people are being affected by extraordinary weather now!

Dee, congratulations on the new dgrbabies! Prayers for your dfamily, especially dgs! ((Hugs))

Good to see you home safe, Twins!

I worked in the yard yesterday afternoon with ds#2 for about an hour. He got most of the piles of yard debris I had raked in five large bags and one can full of small sticks and palm branches. He works 3 times as fast as I can! That will all go out next Saturday morning.

The temp. is almost 90* here and quite breezy. Hopefully we will get some rain this week. It is needed badly.

Sundays dh and I usually take it easy. I'm going to put my feet up and read, then watch one of the hockey games. Kathryn, I wasn't able to watch your team yesterday, but I was cheering for them and glad they won!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Home from church and lunch with family. DD came to church with her new friend. I'm unsure what title to call him. The guy she is living with? That seems too long. Significant other? He hasn't been around long enough to be significant. My my my.....I sense a bit of >>snark<< ANYway, lunch ended up being DH, DS8, DGS20, DGD5, DD, the friend, the friends' brother and his girlfriend and her grandchild. I haven't forgotten that a meal with DD would not have been possible 3 years ago, so I enjoyed the experience. Appreciate the blessings and ignore everything else.

number I haven't seen on the scales in a very long time.
Congratulations Dee!!!

I most definitely know what you mean with DGSon. ((((Hugs)))) My heart continually hurts for our DGS22 choices and our lost relationship. I sent him a message with an invitation to go out to eat in celebration of his birthday last week. He didn't answer (I know he got the message) I am 99.9% sure it is because he knows he is living a lifestyle that we don't approve of. He still refuses to get a job. He admits that he would rather steal than work. Until he is ready to make better choices then he is not welcomed in our home. I still struggle to say those words. Honestly, it is for his best interest. He has stolen $$ from us twice, plus jewelry and multiple other things. We would take him to jail ourselves if we caught him stealing from us or anyone. Tough love.

I received a book today from an older lady that I greatly admire. She asked me if I had read "The Shack" and I told her no. She handed me the book and told me that I need to read it. I had already bought the audio of it, but I didn't want to sound ungrateful. I took the book and will return it to her ASAP. I think I will try following the printed words as the audio reads it. I'm not sure if I will like the multi-sensory reading, but I'll give it a try.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Happy Birthday RR!!!

(((Lilac)))) Our town lost power twice this past week. Both times it was only for an hour or so. I hope ((((Lilac)))) and others have power restored soon. Also saying a prayer for the electrical linemen who risk their lives to do the repairs.

Twins - Welcome home! How was the trip?

(((Blessed & DH)))) living in the past can be stressful
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:42 pm

d lady ((())))) I am praying for him.
Praying for the linemen/women doing the work d lady. .
I sense a bit of >>snark<<
hahahaha
I didn't see you had new grandchildren d dee - Congratulations!!!
great work on yard d sunny (90 degrees!) and d nancy!

Happy Birthday Ramblin Rose! thank you for reminding me d dee
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:45 pm

Happy birthday, RR. Hope you're having a beautiful day!

This new work time for dsonil is going to take some getting used to -him and us! We all fell asleep while dd played the movie, "Secret Life of Pets". I finally decided I had to get up and get moving and do SOMETHING -ANYTHING. So this is my first 'thing'. Will go walk later when it cools down a bit. Think dsonil is leaving for work around 5pm. Think he works till 3am. Going to have to plan my morning well so I can leave for my Dr. appointment by 9:45. I know he's going to get disturbed when I go out for breakfast. Meantime I know I need to find the energy to do in the evening what I would normally do in the morning. Usually by dinner time I'm more than 'done' and have to push to clean up the kitchen. Imagine dd will try to do some painting tonight. She's had a migraine all weekend. Hoping this med really does help her. She did well Thursday & Friday and then the headache started. The med she's on has to be increased slowly. Then she has a 'break through' med to take if she needs it.

Okay, off my duff and try to get some work done in my bedroom. Want to pack methodically.

Yes, actually great grandchildren, Blessedw2. They don't appear to look anything alike -we knew all along they were 'fraternal' and not identical. They sure aren't. Their 'big' brother (2 & 4 months) calls them, "my babies". Love the pics with him and the 2 babies.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:53 pm

even better d dee!!! congratulations!!! How sweet that he calls them "my babies" :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:54 pm

dining room is straightened and all boxes gone!
now for french.

Return to “Post When You Can”