Ta Da! Friday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Ta Da! Friday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 05, 2017 1:46 pm

Ok, as far as expenses go, I ready to restart from where I started this morning. Hopefully with a complete data set. Given my mind's unsettledness and inability to focus, I think my limited goal for today may pass without happening.

Sigh....

Dh has tested the video stuff and we made keep/sell decisions. I'm keeping all 3 functioning VCRs (not idea we had 4, I'm not exactly sure why that's true) since we had one VCR stop working since the move. I want to make sure I have a way of playing the Disney movies I've saved.

Still haven't really made a garage sale decision yet. I guess we need to go out to dd's with a load and figure out what we are doing.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri May 05, 2017 3:17 pm

Happy Anniversary to Kathryn & dh!

(((Dee))), (((Kathryn))) and (((Twins)))!

Mopping, dusting, etc. done so weekly cleaning is done. Still have some pupa to do and have a LOL in washer. Waiting for floors to dry. Also waiting for ds#2 who said he would come after work to put out the barrels for trash pick up tomorrow morning.

Harmony, no need to think about raking in back yard----you and dh saved us a lot of worry over that tree, plus the extra jobs he accomplished! That's more than enough done and well worth the little bit of clean up! ;)

Well, clothes are ready for the dryer and I need to empty small trash cans to the barrel and tie up that bag.

(((Hugs))) to all! Good Morning, Lynlee!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 05, 2017 3:43 pm

Hope your day starts to improve, Kathryn.

One 'good' thing of being awake so much during the night -I managed to get in an extra 2,000 steps by simply pacing our 3 rooms. :roll: So all was not lost over the night.

Thanks, Elizabeth, for that little tip. I've washed my cup & lid and was waiting for it to dry -now I'll put it in a bag with the baking soda till tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed -though the smell is better. I probably knew that but hadn't even begun to think of it. So! Even if we think someone's heard it before, doesn't mean we might remember it any situation. So remind away! :)

For instance, when I spoke with the PA from the cardiologist's office on Wednesday, she commented that my Primary may well change my dosage for my thyroid med from 50 to 75mcg. Of course I had just ordered a 3-month supply of the 50 the day before. Friend reminded me to look to see if the 50's had a 'score' line. And they do, meaning I can split them and make 75 if that be the case. I'd also forgotten that. At least I won't have to order so soon. I started out taking 25mcg in October & this dr had changed it to 50 in February. My number has continued to come down but still not quite as low as the cardiologist would like. Said it has a correlation between my thyroid function and my triglycerides. That number went from 227 in October to 156 now. I'm now taking 80mg A torvastatin up from 10mg for years a day. That's because of the 2 stents they placed inside of veins that were already grafts from my '94 quintuple bypass. Dr. explained that they're a little more precarious now because of their situation. So I will just keep trying as best I can and hopefully improve my health. Plus he explained I'd probably have to stay on P lavix now because of that exact same thing. Was all this clear as mud?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 05, 2017 3:44 pm

We are on the road. Very boring travel. Other than the single stop sign a couple miles from our home, we have been driving 75mph on Interstate for hours. The speed limit drops to 60 mph for a few miles when we go through a big city then returns to normal speed. We are planning to arrive around 4pm when DGS10 and DGD6 get out of school.

I find it somewhat humorous that DSon keeps checking on us every hour or so and reminding us to drive careful. The roles od parent /child are reversing
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Kid N is here, miffin mix is mixed up I made cake with it this time. Kitchen smells yummy.
Mail has been processed.
Chicks are out in the run. Hens are free ranging in the back yard.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 05, 2017 5:48 pm

This has, unfortunately, been a waste of a day. I posted in members only about the issues here. I've just felt worthless - partly tired from not sleeping well, low about dd, and low about dmom and dbro. She's lived in that house for 45 years, I think, and I hate to deal with nursing home transition. She was so unhappy with my ddad in a nursing home for the last two years.

Dkids have gone to meet dh at temple tonight. I texted dh earlier and suggested we have dinner out tomorrow night together and discuss stuff.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 05, 2017 6:06 pm

Have to laugh at Lady M's 'normal speed.' There is no-where in Canada where the speed limit is 75. There are a few areas where it is 70 out west but not around here. Sixty is the limit on freeways, 50 on other highways.

Back from dd's. Had a nice visit (dgs was sleeping.) Put our load in the garage. I bought stickers for pricing but will price in the morning when I set up. Dropped dh at the hospital so he could visit someone and then picked him up when he was done (waited at a nearby business.)

We'll go ahead with the garage sale tomorrow morning. DD has put her garage key on a shelf in her front hall so I can just let myself in and get started setting up, whether or not they are awake. I'll be there between 7:30 and 8. Sale is to start at 9. I've taken all my extra drop sheets and will cover up the contents of their garage so it is clear what is for sale. Then I just have to move the strollers and bikes to the back porch. There should be enough room and she has a card table I can use. I'll also take bins I can turn over.

We still have to take the pram and a card table over and snacks for me. And lots of warm clothing.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 05, 2017 6:15 pm

2nd deposit (Easter) made out and trip to bank, PO again (wasn't I just on that run?)

HRH and I went to WMart together (didn't he just shop?)

Laundry hung to drip dry.

While out HRH wanted to stop by a new Asian restaurant. Sigh. Talked me into getting a meal (we took them home) and when I opened it it was so full of high-sodium soy sauce. Yuck. Plus they gave free dessert of those sugar-coated muffin things. Why of why do I ever eat anything that is his idea? It's like he's a magnet for bad eating decisions. My intention had been to come home and eat here, wise choices I'd already had on hand. Sigh.

Happy Anniversary to the In Canadas.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Stomy weather coming. So I put the chicks in hens are rounded now. Hubby is home now we unloaded the chicken feed. I am going to make up some chili.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:22 pm

sorry the drive is so boring d lady!
stay safe in that weather d nancy
d harriet ... sorry it was such a disappointing meal - I love laundry that is hung out to dry especially sheets .... they don't allow hanging laundry in the division behind us ;)
hi d kathyrn wishing you the best at garage sale tomorrow
(((sweet twins)))
hi d dee hope tonight you get a much better night sleep
hi d sunny well done on cleaning

I am still packing dd's room - the house is a tip with stuff here and there - trying to get dd youngers stuff from around the in one place.

dd has been grieving today - so sad but glad he is crying and letting it out.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”