Sunday Stop and Start

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Sunday Stop and Start

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:47 pm

quick hi... hi! I had the loveliest time with one of my d sil's - really wonderful. I love spending one on one time with each of them. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:49 pm

sounds great d cathy Also happy d friend sold her house
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Back home. Didn't get the walk in. Can't drive to the island, the entrance from the bridge to the island is barred off. It was sleeting when we drove home from froyo after dropping off the e-waste so neither of us wanted to walk outside as much as we want to walk over to the island.

The car is now emptied of the e-waste which has been in the back since moving stuff from ds's here. There was a bin and a box of old computers, cables, etc. So now I have the bin to return to ds along with the replacement handle for the scooter which I found in the bin. I still have to tidy up from yesterday but I'm sure glad to have the stuff leaving the apartment/storage locker/parking spot/car. Things were really mess there for a while. The floor sounds gritty so vacuuming is a high priority tomorrow.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Messy friend took me over to her "Condo". It's in a very old apartment building and the apartments are SO TINY!! OMGoodness! It's smaller than any of the 2 bedrooms I have lived in. I hope she can handle it.

Tonight we are having cabbage roll casserole.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Cathy: she'll probably love it. So many things are easier when there isn't a lot of space. It makes you learn good habits (tidying up after yourself) and cleaning goes by much more quickly.

While the flooding across the parkway from us is just being allowed to happen (it is all parkland so there will be little loss), from my west window we can now see they are sandbagging the neighbourhood on the other side of the school. The river hasn't risen into the neighbourhood (the parkway forms a berm to protect it) but we're guessing the neighbourhood drains all go to the river and the river itself is now higher than the neighbourhood so they drains are running backwards.

Dinner is in the oven so we are going to walk over for a closer look.

In the meantime, you can see what I'm seeing by looking at my album on imgur.

http://imgur.com/a/vcQSi

I had to create an account there to post the pictures for the Ottawa reddit flood watch but it means I can share with you guys as well.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Something of a busy day here. Was at dmom's at 10:30 for home health care visit - she has a "Phase II" pressure ulcer that home health care is treating. :shock: Also she has lost 15 lbs since January. She's also constipated, so I went to drugstore for glycerin suppositories and stool softener. Sorry if TMI.

I finally got home around one, and had lunch, then dh and I eventually went to the local market, and while we were out, a local furniture/rug store for a walk through there. Back home I got an hour's nap, then we went to visit with Dfriend down the street, her dh and their son, who is here for the weekend.

I'm going to grill burgers and corn on the cob in a few - It's a beautiful day here.

Cold feet, deleted and took to J&C.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 07, 2017 7:26 pm

Walked over to the street with the flooding. They are to fill the sandbags and get the pile off the street by tonight so emergency vehicles can get by. I sent an email to the residents' association letting them know their help would be welcome.

The river rose quickly but isn't expected to rise further (it rose over a foot in a few hours overnight.) It is a dam controlled river so perhaps there will be no more surprises.

Several of the bridges across the river are low level and one is in danger of having to close. As a result all federal employees who have to cross the river to get to work are told to stay home. And the federal offices on the Quebec side (where the flooding is much worse) are closed to keep everyone off the roads in that area.

Dinner (pot roast) was good and there will be leftovers.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Back from 'helping' with the sandbags. Probably only placed a dozen and tied about a dozen. They were just too heavy for me to work with.

But someone else from the building came too so that made me feel good. We left when it got dark and there were 2 levels of bags.

I'm going to try and work now. Will find my headphones and listen to music to keep myself focused.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 07, 2017 9:32 pm

I napped after lunch, had another low we ate late, did a very short walk w ddog at one park, hid 3 rocks. Later I filked two planters remembered why I wouldn't want then in vack hens had a bkast with them! Lol.

I need to check laundry. Dishes are going.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Our friend from Ottawa (high school senior & recipient of the Governor's award for volunteerism I believe) is also doing sandbags today, Kathryn. He's a really neat 'kid'.

Just talked with dh for a bit. Guess he discussed dgd22 with ddil-A today some. She's moving in with ddil-R's Mom to take care of her (she has Alzheimer's). This dgd graduated from nursing school yesterday. She has a battle with adhd and when things get to be too much she just shuts down. DDIL-A told dh that she (dgd) is going to be getting counseling. Glad to hear that and hope things are looking better in dh/dgd's relationship. Things have been a bit rocky this week as dgd had asked dh to take in dgs23. He had told dgd he couldn't because of some things he's heard about dgs. She was crying by the time dh got off the phone with her -this was several days ago. And then we discovered that ddil-R was going to dgd's graduation ceremony but no one else had been asked. Come to find out dgd 'assumed' ddil-R would tell everyone else but of course had not asked her to. Dh took offense and you know how the story goes. Same as was talked about elsewhere here - lack of communication. I was able to tell dh what's taking place and I think he's feeling better about things. :roll: I'm praying for all things to come together. :?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”