ONE STEP AT A TIME WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: ONE STEP AT A TIME WEDNESDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:21 pm

I had a money issue today - not normal but it happened. so frustrating but it is my mistake.

i thought I got rid of the mice but today in dd's room a wee mouse went running with the cats behind it. (but it got away :shock: ;) ) mouse traps tonight.

d mil's house sold (it's a good thing but very sad to me) I just have to remember that it isn't her.

so far all the art supplies are separated and ready to go in basement
also all the office supplies are ready to go downstairs
packed about 10 boxes.
toss out furniture and donations put outside with dh.

he was a bit frustrated that I didn't let him use my car.bc I am needing it. .. he could have used dd suv but he wanted my car - he took his car and bc it looks like rain he didn't want to take it out. ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 10, 2017 2:45 pm

I did one load of laundry and seamed up four fabric bags had fun. Then went back out to see if grass was still wet yep, so I painted three rocks with scenery,mthen weeded more on that same area while it was still shady. Swept the patio and weeded just a bit behind it.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Dee, could you put a little 4-cup coffeemaker out in the garage? Would he hear it from there? I think I'd have problems with your setup. I need my coffee in the morning!

I've been doing spreadsheets and revised and emailed that proposal for the 3rd time. So annoying. Hopefully this will be the last one.

Waiting for a delivery of a window. Stuck here until it comes.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 10, 2017 2:56 pm

I am coming back through.

I'm swaying around about decisions for dmom like a weather vane. Last Friday (and again on Monday) I had talked to assistant in nurse practitioner's office re dmom and whether a nursing home was appropriate, and today they called back and said that the nurse practitioner said yes to nursing home preferably one with a memory care unit. After I had decided that assisted living would be the way to go. So now I don't know. The home health care social worker said today that she would recommend trying assisted living first...so I guess that's where I am. After all the facility will assess her and decide whether she is appropriate. How does one decide?

Gotta go to this meeting at temple about accounting to bring new treasurer up to speed. I don't want to be involved at all. :roll:

Tomorrow I am meeting with social worker for the Jewish community, then I need to go to grocery for dmom and visit here with JCC meals and groceries. Home health care people keep emphasizing that she needs to eat protein to help the pressure ulcer heal and dbro isn't budging from his habits.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Actually, Harmony, I could put a small coffee maker in our 'suite', but I'm finding that I'm really doing better with having my coffee a little later. Seems to 'perk' me up a little more. :D No 'pun' intended. So if I can have my meds then an English muffin or toast, etc. I'll be fine for a bit. Dsonil usually ends up getting up for an hour or two later in the morning. I keep reminding myself that he will be moved back in the bedroom within a couple of weeks. Of course by then it'll be almost time for us to go north. Really hope he'll end up back on days eventually -though he was hired for the night shift. But I see him really wishing for the end of the work week every day. "Only have 2 more nights to go. Tomorrow night's my last night"...etc. He and dd are really like ships passing in the night now.

Have to go over dh's meds with him tonight to make sure I order the correct ones. He has one that he only takes about every other day but they do the script for the 90 days as he sometimes takes it more frequently. I realized today that I haven't ordered it for him in several months so now he needs a new script.

Harriet, I'm measuring out 1/2 gallon of water in a fridge container and making sure I drink the whole thing in a day. Plus I have my cup of coffee. So I'll see how that goes for a bit. I've been drinking more toward bedtime I know and that leads to waking to make a bathroom run 3-4 times a night. Trying to get it in earlier in the day to see if it helps. Usually have to have a sip when I do get up as I'm quite dry.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:05 pm

d twins...with my dads mom it was an easier choice because her Alzheimer's was well under way. With my mom's parents they lived in assisted living first and then when my grandfather had further memory issues then he had to go to a memory care area. I think if you visit the memory care area you should get a feeling of how your d mom fits. Its are very hard decision. (((())))

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:08 pm

It has been rather a rough day for me but not at all like when d mom had her surgery and the deaths of loved ones. I made a couple mistakes today.. money problem which I had to transfer money :oops: - we ate out too much. - (laziness), (we have my moms bday coming up and house taxes) I ordered from the wrong restaurant for tonight and when I got there the food of course wasn't there. I felt so bad. But I will face the music and continue on!

definitely struggling but will push my attitude to a different direction - fingers crossed ;)

back to the packing and hoping there aren't anymore mice

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 10, 2017 5:19 pm

I am glad I was so productive this morning h is off early today. Dgd will be here in a few min. I think. I have final coat drying on the rocks I painted this morning. Have the hens the next batch of weeds I pulled. I am cooking peas for pea soup learning how to do that today! H brought some home from work. So far so good. Using the crockpot.

Mowed the spot I missed yesterday.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 10, 2017 5:27 pm

((((Blessedw2)))) hang in there!

I picked up DGD5 from school then went to the post office to mail DGS10 stuff to him. He left his wallet, a shirt and a watch in our vehicle last weekend. DGS10 takes after his parents & Nana with leaving a trail of stuff behind us. :)

My arms are tired from all the pool cleaning today. Holding my arms straight out front and lifting heavy stuff over my head isn't something I normally do. After a few days of it, I suspect my muscles will get used to it again.

The weather app says that heavy thunderstorms will be here in 2 hrs and 13 minutes. I wonder how accurate that time estimate is? I am fascinated with the digital intelligence and predictions especially when maps are included.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 10, 2017 5:44 pm

I'm awake again. I really needed that nap.

There was not weather station at Costco so I'm going to try and oil our existing one. The only problem with it is that is squeaks. Doesn't bother us but it might bother a neighbour.

I sent dh to get himself Chinese food and I'll have a lasagna and salad for my dinner.

It has been a fairly productive day but need to continue. I have three emails to send and a meeting tonight.

Return to “Post When You Can”