Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Saturday PWYC

Postby Harmony » Sat May 13, 2017 11:37 am

I am trying to get myself going and out the door. Presently in PJ's and my head wrapped up in towel. Not making much progress.

Blessed, what's going on at your house? Did your daughters move out? I think you're having some painting done... but you seem to be moving everything from one place to another. I think I need you here...

Bad day yesterday.

Ok, here I go.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Gee, hate to say it, but it's been my experience I don't see much difference myself from thyroid med changes for quite a while, even if it's a continuing change. My dsecondsil is still irritated with the world for leading her to believe she would lose weight when she started taking it! :) I'm not sure her dr has ever heard the end of that one.

All I've gotten done today is church Desk Day, and not a lot of that. HRH took over the kitchen for his and dd's breakfast and so mine was late. Probably just as well for me.

Ds called and asked me to come babysit BabyC so the menfolk of that household can go to a little-boy bday party.

Sometime this afternoon, the old friend of HRH's who always stays too long (days) expecting to be entertained, will visit. But this time he is making a car trip, not plane. And he is traveling with his adult dd, who wants to get from point A to point B. So they will be on their way shortly - glad for that. Only real problem is that he's notorious for not calling ahead and also being early. So it's a toss-up when this will happen, etc. And HRH really wants to get back over to the hospital. I hope they don't show up when I'm gone. Can't help it if they do.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:11 pm

so sorry you had a bad day yesterday d harmony

dd younger has been in Florida with d mom for quite awhile and is moving back in may so I am getting her room painted, floors done etc. I figured it might help her physically if her room was really clean and much emptier as she is a collector of cloths. She loves cloths - any - I couldn't believe how many work sailing shirts she had, her golf stuff and her bike stuff. She has too many. And recently she has been going up and down in sizes since her head injury so she still wants to keep her old shorts etc.

Also with me being busy with elder care the last couple years my house collected things without letting go of things. dh and dd younger are major culprits. dh is becoming worse than dd by far. He keeps thinking he that she should keep things.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Yeah, I think my thyroid has gone bad, also, Dee and Kathryn. It would make a lot of sense given my tendency to depression, sluggishness and very dry skin, but doc says no every time.

I hope to get through today. Dd is having a temple event here today and I hope we all can get along long enough to have things ready and looking decent. And attendance has increased because she/dh keeps talking about it so I think we will have an overflow crowd, as many as Rosh Hashanah.

So that will be driving my busy day. OMM for today:
-grocery for additional paper goods, salad and what else?
-pick up extra propane tank for grill, just in case
-spiff up the house, including front porch and back patio
-plants from lowes? Don't know that I'll get them planted, but might go ahead and pick them up

Just had extended discussion with dd asking how she wants things set up and discussing options.

Off to change clothes and go to grocery.

And then this sat here while I went to the grocery. I bought the propane there also, and dropped off donation books at the library.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 13, 2017 1:25 pm

I did a quick CUOP and am ready to work. If I have a chance I might go to Lowes this afternoon for plants, not trying to get into the ground today at all.

-clear kitchen counters, empty dishwasher and reload
-sort and start a lol (wanting to wash up my favorite casual style capri pants)
-clear kitchen table and breakfast bar, place mats on kitchen table
-make the bed
-dust on back patio, wipe down chairs

A little frustrated with dh and ds, who just took off - according to dd "to get my mother's day present." I originally started the above list with "Make a list for dh and ds." :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 13, 2017 1:27 pm

My sister's call lit a fire under me so I'm dressed now.

Went to the car and pulled the records book from it to figure out what servicing I need. Phoned for an appointment but it won't be available until we get back. I booked it so I won't forget. June is a mess already and it is still May! On the plus side, that simplifies this week since I only need an oil change now. So that's an hour (instead of 3 hours for the other appointment.)

There's no-one at the office today so I didn't get an answer about the guest suite but the maintenance worker says she'd guess it will be free because she gets the call to clean them a couple of days before someone goes in and she hasn't got such a call. So I left a message saying that to my sister. BTW: my sister wouldn't stop talking long enough to know what I have on this week, so even if she does come, there are long swaths of time I won't be around. But she wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise to explain this.

I've hung up the first load of laundry so need to get to work on the spare bed now. And yes, I know I'm putting off the church service even longer. On the plus side, I've finished my Windows update and reboot and opened the sermon that will be edited down and saved the file to this week's date. So there's snail's progress on that!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Home from a fun morning in the city with DGS20. We went to the Farmers Market and bought some beautiful fresh vegetables. I like buying from this farmers market because I know it is regulated and the product is inspected. DS8's pediatrician started this farmers Market and personally visits and inspects the garden of everyone selling there. Since it is early in the year the variety of vegetables is limited to cool weather ones - turnips, spinach, onions, radishes, and various greens. There is NO WAY I would grow and go through the hassle of setting up to sell vegetables at their low price. But I sure do enjoy being the one to buy and eat them.

After the Farmers Market, we went to the downtown annual festival celebrating art. We enjoyed walking and looking at those unique exhibits and talking to the artist. It was an enjoyable few hours.

This afternoon is a neighborhood kid birthday party. DS8 and DGD5 are excited about it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Shopping Saturday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Sat May 13, 2017 1:37 pm

Sat. shopping markets etc.
Having a Great Saturday here!
Went to a plant sale got 4-5 new colors iris yea! Some straigt neck yellow squash & zucchini, and a herb basil I think. Will be planting and kids can play in the dirt this afternoon.

Found the car seat in storage downstairs if I need it yea.

Prepackaged buritto was a hit for breakfast did not have to cook.

Time to feed hens again. One load folded anorher in the dryer. :idea: I moved some stuff in toy room kid books out toys in.

I will not do food shopping today, tomorrow. I have a plan. I get to do the sarigute granny thing. Poofers.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat May 13, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 13, 2017 1:45 pm

I have been avoiding and dreading talking to DS8's pediatrician because at the last visit his goal was medicating DS8 so he could return to public school. Today the pediatrician came up to me at Farmers Market and asked when DS8 would get out of school. Busted! I was expecting a negative reaction when I told the doc that we weren't medicating DS8 and that we were still homeschooling. I told the doc that we were doing a year round schedule and taking one week a month off instead of following the typical school schedule. I was SHOCKED when the Doc was immediately supportive of that. Now that we are over that issue, I need to quit avoiding him and schedule DS8 yearly check-up.

My break time is over. Back at it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Taking a tiny break myself. Dh and ds got home with my new laptop and an extra monitor for it and I thanked them profusely. No time to play today, tho.

I straightened up the MBR some. and helped dd some. Took a long time because as I was clearing surfaces she was moving things too.

-finish MBR
-s2s
-dust the front porch
-reboot laundry
-straighten up my desk a bit

Return to “Post When You Can”